Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feeling nervous about their choice?

• 01-07-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Only a few hours left till the cao closes, and while I'm pretty happy with my selection right now I did switch one course around a bit a few days ago after deciding UCD might not be for me after all. But now I'm worried in another few days I'll change my mind back again :o

Anyone else nervous or getting cold feet about their choices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

yeah i forgot mine lol
    have to do it now
    i have the top ones in order, just need to change the bottem ones.... and for some reason all my tops choices seem to be dit lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doritogasm

Ive been worried about it all year. I have a variety of courses down and I really hope I made the right decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Lawliet wrote: »
    Only a few hours left till the cao closes, and while I'm pretty happy with my selection right now I did switch one course around a bit a few days ago after deciding UCD might not be for me after all. But now I'm worried in another few days I'll change my mind back again :o

Anyone else nervous or getting cold feet about their choices?
    Crapping myself. I've no choice under 550 points that I'd actually like to do. Physiotherapy? should i? AHGG:mad::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

theowen wrote: »
    Crapping myself. I've no choice under 550 points that I'd actually like to do. Physiotherapy? should i? AHGG:mad::o

Just dont make any rash decisions! Just be careful when making those kind of impulse decisions if you are going to make them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

I hate this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Yup, made some tough choices in the last hour...

Either way Im going to be thinking "****, did I make the right decision?" at 5:01.
    Im just that sort of person:rolleyes:

Alcohol should have silenced this voice by 8:01, though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yep I am.

I've added a few for lower points at the end of my cao.
    Just more science ones but I would much rather do one of my top choices obviously. In a really negative mood which isn't good for thinking rationally about college courses.

I'm hoping for very high points and I only have 3 under 500 and close to it.

I think I might walk around for a few mins because I can't think logically anymore but glad to see that I'm not the only one. More stressed about this than some of my exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

30 seconds to go and I can't shake the feeling my CAO magically mixes itself around the second I hit log out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Yesterday i threw down a product design course from maynooth cos i liked doing the product design questions in art but then i saw what would be involved in it today (engineering :confused:), so hopefully marine science will fare better

talk about random

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Nervous, even though I've known what I want to do since first term of fifth year! But it's the order that I'm scared of. And not getting the points :eek:

But really it will be fine! And just remember guys, don't start panicking that you didn't get an offer until the last round! Then you can freak out! Haha!

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Its closed ? Its July already? ****. Thankfully i did this before Easter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

I thought it didnt close until July 15th?! I have all my choices made and all that, but what i thought it was the 15th?!?!

muffinz wrote: »
    I thought it didnt close until July 15th?! I have all my choices made and all that, but what i thought it was the 15th?!?!

:( don't panic, but it closed July 1st at 5.30 pm.

omfg i cant believe it, ive been on holiday for the past week and it didnt even enter my mind!!!!
    Ok so i just checked my CAO choices, I forgot to change Galway to first choice, but since i wont be getting the point for Trinners its grand :D

omfg i cant believe it, ive been on holiday for the past week and it didnt even enter my mind!!!!
    Ok so i just checked my CAO choices, I forgot to change Galway to first choice, but since i wont be getting the point for Trinners its grand :D

That's the spirit! What do you wanna do? Is Galway close to home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭BeeJazizWafuls

I changed mine in a total rush today, and have arts in UCD first, the code is XX012, i put down XX102, then just as i went to log out i seen something in brackets, scrolled back up to my choices, graduate entry medicine. Good thing i noticed!

Haha yeah its DN012, have that down as my 4th choice xD

I have Arts down in Galway, I live in Kildare atm though so it will be a pretty big trip, but I have accomodation up there anyway if I get in there! I kind of hope I get the Trinners course, it looks like its perfect for what I want! But after the disaster of the LC anywhere will be grand for me tbh :P

Haha yeah its DN012, have that down as my 4th choice xD

I have Arts down in Galway, I live in Kildare atm though so it will be a pretty big trip, but I have accomodation up there anyway if I get in there! I kind of hope I get the Trinners course, it looks like its perfect for what I want! But after the disaster of the LC anywhere will be grand for me tbh :P

Trinity TSM? Ah you never know you might do better than you think. Galway is lovely too, I would've considered it but it's kinda too far away ha. I have European Studies in Trinity as numero uno and something similar (I can NEVER remember the name, it's disgraceful) in UCD as second. Hopefully the rest will be scratched off the list!

MY first choice is earth sciences in trinity, but its very limited only a few places in it, somethin like 14!
    Haha for UCD i have geog and archaeology, but if i go there id have to travel, and would not be looking forward to that, at least in galway i have accomodation set up!
    I have limerick down too, i wish i could take that off now no idea why i put that on it :P

MY first choice is earth sciences in trinity, but its very limited only a few places in it, somethin like 14!
    Haha for UCD i have geog and archaeology, but if i go there id have to travel, and would not be looking forward to that, at least in galway i have accomodation set up!
    I have limerick down too, i wish i could take that off now no idea why i put that on it :P

Very good, very good. I know I find it kinda horrible the way the supply and demand determine the points, especially for Trinners as there are so few places!
    Ha totally opposite to me with your science-ness.
    Yeah I had UL down too but I took it off, though my maths teacher swore it was a brilliant uni. Anyway, good luck!! Might see you in Trinity (although we arts people don't mix with ye science folk :P)!

• Advertisement

Hahaha ill be mixin with whoever I can :pac: Im scared about Uni, I feel way too young and immature for it!
    Yeah I dont fancy travelling to Limerick, If I dont get into Trinity or Galway I hope its Maynooth, so close by and its so handy :D
    Yeah good luck with everything too, bring on September!

Advertisement