Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread disappearing

Options
  • 01-07-2010 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I Went to update a thread I started yesterday about delta karting in limerick only to find that it has disappeared!

Are opinions and experiences expressed on here censored?

If you google Delta Karting Limerick my post is 3rd on the results but when you click on it a message stating the link does not exist?

I returned today to say that a manager from Delta Karting visited me and resolved everything, explained what went wrong, what they were doing to ensure these problems won't happen again and I must say Declan from Delta was very understanding, professional and we would definitely recommend visiting Delta Karting for a good time.

But I must say this - What is the point of having this forum if post are removed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Threads are constantly disappearing from the Liemrick City forum, I had one removed last week without being told last week by some overzealous moderator here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ecowarm

It amazes my that this place exists for people to discuss issues and inform others of what's going on and then the posts just disappear!

It's probably a waste of my time writing this as no doubt this will disappear also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

No, no, it won't.

What you need to do is ask the Moderators why it was removed. Simple as that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ecowarm

I Have I'll let you know when I get a response, But again is it ethical to be removing posts? and not leaving a reason why? surely if posts are removed a reason should be left in it's place so people understand why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Yep, you're right, it should - and that's something we (Boards.ie team) need to work on, so that when a moderator takes an action, the poster is informed what that action is and why. It's a technical issue more than a mod one though, so will require time and your patience (unfortunately).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'm not sure that Boards.ie has a legal Team on hand to screen every allegation made via their Servers by People - I think in some cases they are of course acting prudently to pre-empt and cautiously remove a thread by brute force rather than worry about the legal minefield any such case may well spawn.

- As genuine, decent, truthful and capable as you or anyone else on here may be of backing up your postings with cold hard facts Boards.ie has no role to play as a Guarantor of some unknown 3rd Party's behaviours, assertions or online conduct, especially when it might (and I don't mean in your case or have anyone in mind) land them in Court......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ecowarm wrote: »
    I Have I'll let you know when I get a response, But again is it ethical to be removing posts? and not leaving a reason why? surely if posts are removed a reason should be left in it's place so people understand why?

I deleted your thread and were it not for me seeing this thread you would not have gotten a response.

Why, because despite your claim you did not contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ecowarm wrote: »

I deleted your thread and were it not for me seeing this thread you would not have gotten a response.

Why, because despite your claim you did not contact me.

Your thread was removed as it was potentially defamatory. I left an admin note to this effect.

Also, this thread should have been posted in the Help Desk, or the communication from you should have either been to me via PM or one of the C-Moderators.

It is for this reason that I am locking this topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement