Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARCHITECTURE DN001

Options
  • 01-07-2010 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Needing instant advice as I can't decide whether to put UCD or DIT down first on CAO. I have an hour left to decide. Architect students advice especially appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 musiccollab

UL, UCD then DIT in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

UL is not an option for me. Thanks for your help though. Any reasons why you have UCD before DIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭BenK

I think everyone's going to be a little bit biased with you depending on where they studied. For everyone who tells you DIT is better, you'll get someone telling you UCD is better! I know both the UCD and DIT courses are generally highly regarded. If I was you I'd choose based on other factors outside of the course, i.e. location of college, size of student population, etc. I really don't think you can go too far wrong choosing one course over the other in terms of the actual qualification itself.

Well i think you have to take on board a lot of stuff really including what the previous poster stated. I personally have just finished in UL after doing the 4th and 5th years there and at the time chose UL due to the lecturers and their overall philosophy on Architecture. The qualification between them all (assuming we get fully accredited this year) is no different whether you are awarded the master or a Bachelor of Architecture. you still have to do your professional qualifications afterwards whilst working to get your MRIAI award.

If choosing between UCD and DIT i would pick UCD based on the quality of the work i have seen coming out of both school over the last 5 years or so. Both are excellent schools though.

Thanks for all the advice. I feel more towards DIT but that could be because of the test and interview, maybe I feel that I've started there already. Unfortunately I threw my portfolio together so I wasn't accepted for UL. Shame since I live in Limerick. I have a friend in 4th year and heard its a great course. UCD has a much larger class so maybe I would prefer DIT.

• Advertisement

Ok. DIT first UCD second

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I went to DIT and the campus location is excellent. I know my UCD mates always envied our central location. UCD is a bit lost on a huge campus in the suburbs.

best of luck with it. its a long hard slog but worth it in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭johnhargrove

Its retarded to do Architecture - have you been living on the moon for the past 3yrs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

I put DIT first and UCD second - hope it was the rite thing to do!!

And 'johnhargrove', havce you been living on the moon?? Recession was over yesterday (lol) or did ya not hear?? Were u on a visit to the moon?? Lyk realy what was the point of writing that just before CAO closes??

But yea, I put DIT first because lots'a people were tellin methat DIT would be more fun, and that UCD is full of snobby ppl, so i chose the one that sounded more fun!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭BenK

Its retarded to do Architecture - have you been living on the moon for the past 3yrs?

Good man yourself, full of helpful contributions aren't you...

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Why does the last 3 years matter, it will be 5 years before he/she would finish the UCD degree?

I said helpful.

I'm happy with my decision. Looking forward to getting started.

Advertisement