Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what DLC characters would you like to see?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Ramza wrote: »
    Elena is lethal in right hands but I never heard of this guy, must get a game in with him sometime

Well tbh if someone doesn't play 3s and anyone thats semi decent beats them it looks pro, I wouldn't mind having a stab at him. I can't judge I don't know the guy but sounds a little weird, I'm sure I would of heard of him at some stage. Must play him :)
    He's a moderator on Capcom-unity or something...

I'm no pro at SFIII, but i've played it enough(I used to play III and 2nd impact in the arcade and have owned every iteration on import, often 7 or 8 months before it's western release) to know a decent playter when I see one. I don't know if he plays much 3S anymore, but I'll text him and try to arrange a game with you if he does. I've played both of you and I'd say that he'd be of a similar level to yourself..

Dreddy:I only said it to Farz because he's the one who said Elena was rubbish(ad he's also a decent old SFIII player). On mature recollection, I shoud've referred it to Ramza also.

Scavenger XIII: TMNT reference......I didn't get it???!!??!

Explain...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How to play Elena:
    DON'T, pick Chun-Li instead :D

All I can see for Elena are that she has some nice pokes for tickthrows (but almost everything is high-parryable), b+HK is anti-throw (but easy punish on whiff), in-air target combos, some decent AA normals (eg MP), and her f+MK overhead/kara-throw mix-up.
    Also Twelve is supposedly free for her.

*edit* forgot DEM LEGS.

But she's still just a 2nd-rate Chun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I did say it was quite obscure, its the name of the first stage of Turtles in Time.

I'll see if I can dig up a youtube vid...

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Evil Ryu

ddarkhr.jpg
    D. Dark

cjack_big.jpg
    C. Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    you cant play 3s and sf4, it ruins your game.

I think this varies from person to person, I picked up 3s for the first time while playing SF4 and seem to be learning the game at a decent rate, and I've been playing ST consistently the whole time as well

edit: don't really understand your pic either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I think this varies from person to person, I picked up 3s for the first time while playing SF4 and seem to be learning the game at a decent rate, and I've been playing ST consistently the whole time as well

He's implying that your insulting his mad 33 skillz "bcos he is blick"

Also I agree. Playing SF3 and SF2 seems to be helping my SF4 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I have nothing but contempt for 3rd Strike Chun players :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Azza wrote: »
    General Zod.

It'd make no sense at all...but he'd be epic. Why wasn't he in MK vs DC? Imagine a "Kneel before Zod" taunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Darkwing Duck
    Scrooge McDuck
    Popeye

And the new dummy in challenge mode

Lola Bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

SSJ Miku Hatsune
    Omega Tom Hanks
    Evil Wikipe-tan
    Orochi Homer Simpson

...Nah seriously, Karin and Rolento (who has possibly my favourite move in any fighting game ever) would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dreddybajs wrote: »

i dont know man, for me its two very differently paced games.
    I find myself not parrying in 3s and when i get used to it, im almost doing it in sf4, maybe its cause i play the same character

i find myself doing meatys in sf4 sometimes, or similar like wake up EX LEGS but obviously that doesnt work in sf4, it would probably help if i was playing different characters

but if its the same character with an almost same move set, then one of your games will suffer, if not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I can't decide what the coolest thing about Rolento is, the grenade winpose (with the epic smirk), or the ability to summon jolly upside-down minions with knives.

Hanging people off that hook is pretty sweet too, as little sense as it makes in context (one of the jolly henchmen pop in holding it or something?).

Advertisement