Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Products/services that you would like to have in Limerick.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

+1 to M&S Everytime I visit Cork I always always always go into M&S to pick up some of the totally awesome stuff they stock.
    Would love an M&S in Limerick.
    Bread, Breadrolls, Sweets, Bars, Buns, Flavoured Water, Ready Roasts, Food, Pet Treats the Quality of produce is great.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

krudler wrote: »
    A reason to go into the city after 6pm on a weekday.

Weekly scumbag catapultings into the Shannon.

Love both idea's especially the last :D

Also an M&S would be great, stock up anytime I'm in Killarney or Dublin.
    Also couldn't belive that Athlone has an M&S and we are still without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

A Starbucks or a Costa in the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And that doesn't have the snotty, up themselves sales assistants like O' Mahonys does.

Yep a few of them really do act that way to customers, the same ones generally don't have a clue about what they are selling bar what is on the best seller list, and generally try to BS when asked a question about a book or author.

That's why I would love to see a bookstore in Limerick with a good range, decent prices, and staff who can actually talk about what they sell with a degree of knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

RonMexico wrote: »
    Just thought I would start this thread in an effort to make it easier to find certain products/services in Limerick. I often have a look on boards for certain things but it usually involves searching different forums and most of the answers seem to be for places in Dublin. We all know that business people snoop here (with some posting:D) and maybe this thread could help people either find things easier or give suggestions to Limerick business people. On a side note I have been in Cork and Dublin recently and Limerick City looks like it is really struggling in comparison - the place is like a ghost town!

Anyway one thing I would love to see in Limerick is a proper craft beer pub that stocks beers from around the world - kind of like Abbots in Cork. I think Limerick is the only city that doesn't have a pub like this. The selection of craft beers in the liquor stores here is also pretty poor, particularly American Craft Beer. I have been searching for Blue Moon, Flying Dog and Sierra Nevada beer with no luck so far :( You can get all of those in Cork, Dublin and Galway but not in Limerick.

There are loads of other things I can't find but I'll post those later.

Can thesee all be got in bottles???? if so there's no reason why they can't be stocked.....

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Can thesee all be got in bottles???? if so there's no reason why they can't be stocked.....

k

Hey, aren't you the guy who owns/runs the pub? Shouldn't you know about this stuff more than us? But yes, you can get a lot of these beers in bottles.

Not that I'm a businessman (or likely to be) but you could take a trip to the Beirhaus in Galway and the equivalent in Cork and see if you think something similar could be imported into Limerick? It's more of a niche market so a pub would probably go better as something like the Wicked Chicken or Micky Martin's then the pubs already in the Market area. is there a suitable space in the Market area for such a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Drive thru chinese !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

k

Hi Ken,

Yeah they are all bottled beer. I was actually in The Bailey yesterday and they had Blue Moon for €3.50 a bottle. Think it is a promotion.

I'd love a bar to stock Flying Dog Doggystyle Pale Ale and Gonzo Imperial Porter. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Blue Moon and as many others as you can. There are bars like this in Cork, Galway, Dublin but none in Limerick.

I know that these guys distribute - http://www.bierenco.nl/index_uk.asp

You could also get some feedback on which brews are popular in the Beer and Spirits forum on boards - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=598

If you stock Flying Dog I will blog about it on my site - 145,000+ hits and a fair amount of those are from Ireland. Who knows it might help business hehe:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I would love a Wagamama's in the city

http://www.wagamama.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

TGI Fridays, purely for their buffalo wings. That and theres a lack of diner type places here, Eddie Rockets is way too expensive, its nearly 5 quid for a bowl of chips with some cheese squirted out of a bottle onto them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

More concerts at Thomond Park or, better still, a proper venue for big concerts. And no the concert hall in U.L. is not good enough for gigs. In fact it is ****e.

Hey, aren't you the guy who owns/runs the pub? Shouldn't you know about this stuff more than us? But yes, you can get a lot of these beers in bottles.

Not that I'm a businessman (or likely to be) but you could take a trip to the Beirhaus in Galway and the equivalent in Cork and see if you think something similar could be imported into Limerick? It's more of a niche market so a pub would probably go better as something like the Wicked Chicken or Micky Martin's then the pubs already in the Market area. is there a suitable space in the Market area for such a pub?

Unfortunately the one that owns one yes!!!! I'll be the first to say I don't know about imported or niche market beers, thats why I'm asking about them and trying to learn.

If I'd a day off or time to go to Galway to Beirhaus I would, but will make sure I do next time I'm up, hopefully soon. Think the beers would only work to start as an extra in any pub and only as bottles to start.

Will look into getting some of the mentioned ones in and I'm sure we can organise a few complimentary/sample bottles for those interested in the thread.

thanks for the help

Ken

Hi Ken,

Yeah they are all bottled beer. I was actually in The Bailey yesterday and they had Blue Moon for €3.50 a bottle. Think it is a promotion.

I'd love a bar to stock Flying Dog Doggystyle Pale Ale and Gonzo Imperial Porter. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Blue Moon and as many others as you can. There are bars like this in Cork, Galway, Dublin but none in Limerick.

I know that these guys distribute - http://www.bierenco.nl/index_uk.asp

You could also get some feedback on which brews are popular in the Beer and Spirits forum on boards - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=598

If you stock Flying Dog I will blog about it on my site - 145,000+ hits and a fair amount of those are from Ireland. Who knows it might help business hehe:D

Will look into some of the above this week and see if we can organise some for the pub.

thanks for the help.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

I think the problem with those kind of shops not lasting is that there isn't enough of a turnover to make any profit not to mention pay the crazy rates + wages and other overheads. Which is something that is affected all kinds of shops in Limerick. Not sure what the rates are like in other cities in Ireland.

Anyway here are some more products that I would love to get my paws on in Limerick:

Red Stripe Beer
    Makers Mark Bourbon
    Mountain Dew
    Rice A Roni
    Proper Sourdough bread like what you get in the States.
    Taco Bell
    Chipotle

Maybe it would be easier to just move to America:D
    OMG Rice a Roni & Sourdough bread! I saw something that was supposed to be sourdough in Aldi when they were doing their rank Taste of America stuff and it made me want to cry.
    Some nice, even semi decent, Mexican food would be sexy. Tho even a dirty taco supreme at 2am would be nice...
    Mmm now im hungry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

What I wouldn't give for a Marks and Spencer around here -freshly baked white chocolate cookies, lemon curd cupcakes, cherry pie and a veritable feast of other overpriced loveliness!

While I'm here, can we also have a Wagamama, a Zaytoon, a Starbucks, a milkshake place, a theme park and a bowling alley please.

Some rubbish bins would also be nice thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Whats the deal with M&S, i dont get it! :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

One thing I would love to see in the city/suburbs is a 365 ski/ice rink facility.

I went to an indoor ski facility in madrid years ago and it was brilliant! It had real snow - even a few trees. Something completely different to your cinemas etc that are going into those warehouse type structures.

Parkvalley or coonagh could so do this if someone could invest in it. Even somewhere in the city centre - like a block that needed to be knocked down. Whoever owned it would make a killing.

Edit: and as above an m&s would be great too.

Toast at 3am on a sunday after a night on the lash! Fast eddy has turned down my request many times. And I want it in town, not at home. God I love toast! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

shaaane wrote: »
    Toast at 3am on a sunday after a night on the lash! Fast eddy has turned down my request many times. And I want it in town, not at home. God I love toast! :D

Why not just buy a Battery-operated Toaster?

toasty-the-toaster.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Whats the deal with M&S, i dont get it! :S

They are not just a shop, they are a shop with a clever ad campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I think the problem with those kind of shops not lasting is that there isn't enough of a turnover to make any profit not to mention pay the crazy rates + wages and other overheads. Which is something that is affected all kinds of shops in Limerick. Not sure what the rates are like in other cities in Ireland.

Anyway here are some more products that I would love to get my paws on in Limerick:

Red Stripe Beer
    Makers Mark Bourbon
    Mountain Dew
    Rice A Roni
    Proper Sourdough bread like what you get in the States.
    Taco Bell
    Chipotle

Maybe it would be easier to just move to America:D

Global Foods on Tates Square sells Mountain Dew.

Roadend wrote: »
    They are not just a shop, they are a shop with a clever ad campaign

Yeah their legions of customers are really just victims of a good ad -dude, you've either A: Never eaten from there or B: Your tastebuds are up your aristotle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yeah their legions of customers are really just victims of a good ad -dude, you've either A: Never eaten from there or B: Your tastebuds are up your aristotle

I would love them to open but would never shop there. I would just be glad that my mother could buy her hot cross buns somewhere closer to home rather than asking me everytime Im in Cork or Galway to buy her some. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

It's just the high end of things. Some people buy stuff in Brown Thomas and others are quite happy buying something similar in Penneys. An M&S would be very popular in and around Limerick.

Ya, ready made meals and snacks are always the peak of culinary delights, jesus christ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Global Foods on Tates Square sells Mountain Dew.

Currently? last time i was up there(6 months ago) they'd jst just lost the dude who supplied it. Dude in mayorstone used sell it oo and they got it from the same supplier, stopped just before christmas, made for a very unmerry chritmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ya, ready made meals and snacks are always the peak of culinary delights, jesus christ :rolleyes:

You're actually talking out your hole here, just so you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Will look into getting some of the mentioned ones in and I'm sure we can organise a few complimentary/sample bottles for those interested in the thread.

Sounds good! Can we put in requests for beers in particular?

I don't go drinking in Limerick too often but I'd try to get in more regularly if there were some good beers available.

keane2097 wrote: »

I bet you own a mac or ipod too :rolleyes:

Ah he clearly hasn't a fig. Though if he knows anywhere in Limerick where I can conveniently pick up a pastrami and rocket wrap at lunchtime I'd be delighted to know. Otherwise, I'll just continue to hope for an M&S :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Currently? last time i was up there(6 months ago) they'd jst just lost the dude who supplied it. Dude in mayorstone used sell it oo and they got it from the same supplier, stopped just before christmas, made for a very unmerry chritmas.
    I popped in there as I was walking past today, and they had Mountain Dew in the refrigerated drinks section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I wasn't in there in about a month of two, but they normally have it when I'm in there, I'll drop in during the week on the way to work and check if you like.

I bet you own a mac or ipod too :rolleyes:

Why you don't like them either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

So the big deal with M&S is the food... glad its not the clothes because I was never much a fan :o
    Good job Im such a good cook, I dont need M&S :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

So the big deal with M&S is the food... glad its not the clothes because I was never much a fan :o
    Good job Im such a good cook, I dont need M&S :D

Is it the Food? Is it the Clothes?

- Is the only intersection the Edible Knickers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

A Starbucks or a Costa in the city centre.

Yep, either one would do me :p Or just a nice coffee place that stays open after 6. Badly needed in the city centre.

I love the M&S foodhall, and the homewares, so that's another vote!

A H&M and a Zara in the city centre pleeeease.. my only reasons for visiting the Crescent

An Aldi or Lidl in the city. It's no fun lugging your groceries on the bus :P

Well for all of you that suggested a comedy night, did any of you go to see Dave McSavage in the Lough (Laughing Loft) last Friday night??

I went and it was a really enjoyable night and great to have something different to do for a night out.

Millie wrote: »
    Well for all of you that suggested a comedy night, did any of you go to see Dave McSavage in the Lough (Laughing Loft) last Friday night??

I went and it was a really enjoyable night and great to have something different to do for a night out.

Didn't know it was on - where can you get updates for that?

Wouldn't have gone to see Dave McSavage cos he's a creep, but I'd consider going to see others...

Didn't know it was on - where can you get updates for that?

Wouldn't have gone to see Dave McSavage cos he's a creep, but I'd consider going to see others...

There were posters over town, ad's in The Post and I believe a facebook page.

Patrick McDonnell (Fr McLove from Father Ted I think that was his charcter) plays there next month.

• Advertisement

Millie wrote: »
    There were posters over town, ad's in The Post and I believe a facebook page.

Patrick McDonnell (Fr McLove from Father Ted I think that was his charcter) plays there next month.

Cool ty, I'll have a look for the FB page...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

nespresso coffee pods. lots of places sell the machines but don't sell the pods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

nespresso coffee pods. lots of places sell the machines but don't sell the pods

Doesnt brown thomas do them? Bit silly if they dont considering they sell them, and they have them in the cork branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

phill106 wrote: »
    Doesnt brown thomas do them? Bit silly if they dont considering they sell them, and they have them in the cork branch.

they only sell the machines oddly

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johanna51

kilburn wrote: »
    Would love to see a Nandos mmmmmmmm
    Me too kilburn! whats ur fav dish??? :pac:

Advertisement