Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERE TO BUY DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS/NIBS IN CORK?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

As the title of the thread reads, I'm looking to find dark chocolate chips/nibs in Cork city centre. It's for baking. I've tried Tesco's, Dunnes and M&S but haven't had any luck yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

O Conaill's chocolate shop on French Church Street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

kaki wrote: »
    O Conaill's chocolate shop on French Church Street :)

Cheers kaki. They would have been my first port of call but they've been closed for the past few weeks due to renovations. Any other places that you know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

The Chocolate Shop in the English Market might be worth ringing / stopping by. It's at the Princes St. end of the market.

Website

FTGFOP wrote: »
    The Chocolate Shop in the English Market might be worth ringing / stopping by. It's at the Princes St. end of the market.

Website

I had tried them earlier. They didn't have any but told me that they usually do. The only place that they knew of to recommend was O Conaill's but, as already mentioned, they're closed at the moment.

Going to try Super Value. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

When you say you're looking for nibs do you mean raw/roasted cocoa beans?

The only other idea I have is health food shops -maybe the organic shops in the market, the main one or the one near Princes St. they have a little dry goods section.

Good luck on your search!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

O' Conaill's are closed?? Oh man!

Only other place I can think of in the centre is Leonidas on Oliver Plunkett Street. I'm positive they do Callebut chocolate (really good quality baking chocolate), don't know about chips.

Otherwise if you can get out to Carrigaline, O'Conaill's have their main shop/workshop there. I haven't ever been there personally, so maybe give them a call first to avoid a wasted journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallystar

Saw them in Tesco MP earlier today. White choc, milk choc and dark choc. Can't remember exactly which aisle but they were with the cake decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Cant you just buy chocolate and break it up wrapped in a towel and hit with a rolling pin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

ballymaloe house have a shop on the grounds. they sell very large ( catering size ) bags of good quality chips. a bit of a journey i know but maybe good for a sunday drive :)

I got them in SuperValue yesterday. They had both plain and milk chocolate chips available. They might have also had white. Thanks a mil' for all of your suggestions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement