Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honesty,Work, getting things done.

Options
  • 01-07-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys,

first time poster, long time watcher here.

I am a lazy person. I’m aiming to keep this log as a means of trying to keep me on the straight and narrow in terms of my goals and getting things done. My goals are to live a much healthier life, lose weight, gain muscle increase my cardiovascular endurance and bring about an improvement in my sporting life.

My sport is rugby. I’m actually quite a decent player but over the last 3 years or so my ability to perform to the level I was at and wish to return to has gone to sh#t. The reasons this has come about aren’t really that important. I know the reasons and am seeking to change them, and have managed to change some already. Basically it’s like this, my club begins its preseason this weekend and I am using this as the point at which I want to begin turning my fitness around. I want to drop at least 20lbs. This will be done by decreasing the amount of calories I put into my body (beer and crap food) and increasing the amount of kcals I burn in my daily life. I also intend on getting stronger, more flexible and fitter.

My exercise regime is going to take the form of 2 fitness sessions with my club a week plus at least 1 if not 2 more sessions on my own where I do something to burn fat. This might take the form of a long slow to medium paced jog, a trip on the bike or cross trainer. Something that gets me sweating, the heart pumping and me moving.
    I also want to lift weights. I have done this on and off for the last 10 years. The key words being 'on' and 'off'. Im gonna need help and advice with every aspect of what I’m trying to do but especially with the getting stronger. Rugby just happens to be my sport. What I mean by this is that at the moment my lifestyle and fitness level is crap. I play and enjoy the sport of rugby and want to develop my fitness so that my lifestyle improves and subsequently my ability to play and enjoy the sport I am involved with also improves. I want to use me getting better as a rugby player as a way of improving my overall health and well being. Im going to use this log as a type of journal so I can ramble and talk **** about what I want to do and more importantly am doing. I like the idea of anonymity this gives me and having you guys give advice or criticise me is exactly what I’m after.

So it begins.

Advertisement