Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with PES 2010 on XBox

Options
  • 01-07-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

We got this game yesterday, but can't seem to save progress in the Champions League. The "SAVE" option is greyed out. Can anyone help please?Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Advice : Get Fifa10 , infinitely superior.

PES fanboys only play PES, the rest have realised that Fifa has taken the mantle as the greatest football game.

PES did have it up until 2009, Fifa is now King.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Advice : Get Fifa10 , infinitely superior.

PES fanboys only play PES, the rest have realised that Fifa has taken the mantle as the greatest football game.

PES did have it up until 2009, Fifa is now King.
    A case of the blind leading the blind.

The only thing I can think of DesertMoon is that you didn't sign-in to a profile before the main menu. To save any data on PES, you have to be signed into a profile (offline or online).

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    A case of the blind leading the blind.

How so ? I used to be a Fifa man, then PES as it took over and became the best football game. And was for many years until 2009.

I will always play the best game, I have no allegiance to either brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

SeantheMan wrote: »
    How so ? I used to be a Fifa man, then PES as it took over and became the best football game. And was for many years until 2009.

I will always play the best game, I have no allegiance to either brand.

Well, the game design of Pro Evolution is still deeper than FIFA.

Unfortunately, Konami committed a massive error with PES 2008 and drove away a lot of fans of the series to FIFA. Their error was releasing a virtually unplayable online multiplayer with lackluster features in a period where the Xbox 360 had kick-started online gaming for console far beyond what the original Xbox did. I was in the online PES communities (the most stark example was Pro Evolution Network which was a highly organized PES set of league divisions that changed to CGN) at the time and all of them sidestepped to FIFA, which was a mediocre series but improved and was an above-average game now with functioning online gaming and promising features (5v5 was promised as a patch a couple of months after its release, if I remember correctly). They all started playing FIFA, because there was no alternative.

PES didn't recover from that. Coupled with the guile of Peter Moore (appointed head of EA Sports on On July 17, 2007) who has always worked the media impressively, the FIFA series has now the perception of being superior.

Personally, I think the genre is stagnating. PES series stagnated around PES 2009 and it's slowly happening to the FIFA series; it was so far behind its rival, it's still catching up. The whole genre needs an overhaul and I don't see it happening with either EA Sports or Konami.

Fifa 11 is gonna be whopper !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'll never like fifa until it gets a decent map.

Advertisement