Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JP McManus Pro Am, anyone going ?

• 01-07-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of heading to the Pro Am this Monday or Tuesday, but.........unfortunatley one of their rules is:
    > Cameras and video equipment are not allowed :(
    So.......do ye think they will let me in with my camera, or would you need some kind of special pass ? or maybe someone could get me a special pass ? :o :cool:

Darragh, are you listening ;):p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Golf can be very strict about camera usage.

No harm contacting them and asking, but it's unlikely they'll give you access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Extremely tight security for this one. No cameras will be allowed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

We're covering this event but could only get one press pass. They are very strict compared to other events.
    Id imagine the no cameras rule will be strictly enforced, but we didn't cover the event last time so cant speak from firsthand experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

I was there couple of years ago,not covering but as a spectator and I took camera and no issues with taking photos ,couldn,t get near the tiger ,but podge ,els etc had no objections with cameras as long as your not clicking during a shot :) Fantastic day but bring your own food as on site food vear dear 99,s were 6 euros...pity its not on the weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Generally you can only shoot on the practice rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

FYI if you do get in to shoot golf NEVER shoot on the back swing - its a big no no.

I've heard that Tiger's caddies are notorious for getting people chucked out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

As notorious as Mister Woods? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

As notorious as Mister Woods? :pac:

Maybe not quite that notorious.

Might bring you off for a good spanking instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Cheers folks. Might chance it and see, my Oly isn't that BIG anyway ! :o:D
    Might bring you off for a good spanking instead biggrin.gif
    Yikes, I hear he uses his 7 iron aswell :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

So annoyed. Went today without camera because I figured I wouldn't be allowed use it and ticket said "No Cameras"

Well.. everyone was using their cameras, including SLRs with big lenses.

If only I'd chanced it

Ah well :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SkippyCraig

Yeah I was down there on Monday.
    Decided at the last minute not to even risk bringing my G9, partly because it was meant to be day off to chill out with my family after I'd had a long week behind the lens in Clare.

First guy I saw wandering past security at the pontoon bridge had an EOS 40D with Sigma 70-200 F2.8 hanging over his shoulder, so they were taking absolutely no interest!

Hope everyone who brought cameras had a good day out as the conditions (on Monday anyway) were fabulous...

Advertisement