Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

13yr old arrested

• 01-07-2010 2:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Since the other thread was closed :rolleyes:
    http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/13-year-old-arrested-in-limerick-following-pickaxe-incident/3ca634cf-d6d8-427c-8e9a-3c371121cae3
    A 13 year old girl was arrested overnight after causing damage to property with a pickaxe in Garryowen.

The windows of a car were damaged and windows in nearby houses were broken in the incident, which happened in Fairview Crescent around 2 o'clock this morning.

The teenager, dressed in a white hoodie, blus jeans and white trainers, was arrested shortly afterwards and taken to Henry Street Garda Station.

She was charged with a number of public order offences but was released shortly afterwards.

Investigations are continuing and Gardaí are asking anyone with information to contact them at Henry Street on 061 212400.

Is there any proof that its the same 13yr old from the other thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

As I said in my deleted post, all she is is scum that will get away with it and do pretty much what she wants in Limerick.

You ask about the 13 year old girl who stabbed the woman in the face after trying to harm the same woman's puppy.

Well that 13 yo is the same girl who when younger was caught after stealing a vehicle and parking outside Henry street garda station, hurling abuse at the gardai to get a chase, and then drove off down Henry street bashing into other cars on her way.

A piece of trash who will have people making excuses for her actions for her. No doubt we will see plenty more of her in the news as the years go by because scum have no deterrant to act as they do. If there was a proper system with proper sentences and punishments, then the subhumans would not be turning up in courts with 30,40, 50 and more prior convictions to their names by the time they hit their twenties.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I think there is something seriously wrong in the country where gangs often use teenagers to commit offenses as they know damn well all they will get is a slap on the wrist and no prosecutions.

13 years old like... My mother would not hesitate to kill me with her stare if I was that bad at that age :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Personally, if I caught some 13 year old scumbag damaging my property on that scale she'd be ****ing praying that the gardai showed up sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Why is the 13 year old not in care?

God only knows what she'll be like at 16 if she lives that long.
    Joyriding, fighting with knives, pick axe whats next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

It is very scary to think that a 13yr old is capable of such atrocious acts and is still walking the streets.

What sort of a f*cked up up bringing did she have to produce such a violent mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

You think she is bad you should see her younger brother !

kilburn wrote: »

What!!!
    Jesus what kinda parents produced these children and why are they not made accountable for their actions.
    Why aren't the parents dole/social welfare benefits cut each time the child does wrong....think this would have an affect on the unruly children we are currently witnessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

This thread has really caught my attention.

Are those kids feral or something?
    Do they have parents or what is the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Millie wrote: »
    What!!!
    Jesus what kinda parents produced these children and why are they not made accountable for their actions.
    Why aren't the parents dole/social welfare benefits cut each time the child does wrong....think this would have an affect on the unruly children we are currently witnessing.

Read on here not too long ago a nice turn of phrase that describes it all in a nutshell - There's a huge sector of Society out there today that knows absolutely everything about their entitlements and nothing at all about their responsibilities.

- Unfortunately as well as supporting the good, decent and genuine Folk that need our Social Welfare Safety Net you also have Hordes of Scumbags who are draining it as a carefully managed career choice.

Raiser wrote: »
    Read on here not too long ago - There's a huge sector of Society out there today that knows absolutely everything about their entitlements and nothing at all about their responsibilities.

- Unfortunately as well as supporting the good, decent and genuine Folk that need our Social Welfare Safety Net you also have Hordes of Scumbags who are draining it as a carefully managed career choice.

Yes I understand that but surely some sort of clause could be put in place.
    If your child is engaged in any sort of anti social behaviour then as the parent of the child your entitlements should be penalised?

I really think if this were put in place there would be a lot more discipline in these children's homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Everyone in Garryowen knows this piece of crap!She has been told to her face and so has her Family that if she trys to break into a certain persons house again and caught he will kill her.She is Scum of the highest degree im just surprised she hasn't a child at this stage..her Younger Brother is even worse he drinks and smokes 24/7...there parents are a joke and should be put into jail.

i agree with thespecialone all true. They are scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Everyone in Garryowen knows this piece of crap!She has been told to her face and so has her Family that if she trys to break into a certain persons house again and caught he will kill her.She is Scum of the highest degree im just surprised she hasn't a child at this stage..her Younger Brother is even worse he drinks and smokes 24/7...there parents are a joke and should be put into jail.

Have social workers been out at all?

So she's 13 & her younger brother is drinking & smoking all the time????
    I'm totally shocked that things like this can still happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'll admit, I feel sorry for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

A relative of hers was murdered in Garryowen 2 years ago and another has been recently charged with Noel Crawford's murder.

Sound like a lovely family don't they :rolleyes:

you cant feel sorry for people like that !

she should be put away along with her parents gawd

you cant feel sorry for people like that !

yes you can, its clearly down to the parents. Poor kid never had a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

zuroph wrote: »
    yes you can, its clearly down to the parents. Poor kid never had a chance.

I dont buy that for a second.
    She knows what she is doing is wrong, she is old enough to know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

I'm not sure what I feel for her is sympathy, but you have to realise that you, or I, or I'm sure anyone else on this thread, did not have an upbringing like she had or is having. It's easy to say "she knows this, she knows that", but does she? Was she told by words and more importantly by deed how you act with people? Did she learn how to care or be cared for? Or was she subjected to abuse, neglect, starved of basic care never mind love, and left with no moral compass whatsoever?

You or I have no idea what she knows, what she thinks, or how she feels. I'm bloody glad of that too. What she or other similar kids have been through is completely off the scale of what we've ever experienced. We have no idea what that would be like. Do not underestimate the importance of childhood. Your parents and family shaped your personality and character in a million ways you can never ever count. If those supports were removed or damaged it would affect you seriously. She is just not like you or I.

She is obviously an extreme case, and it's very hard to see any possible solution. Certainly it seems untenable to leave her with her family if she is with them currently. But does our state have any real plan to deal with her? I doubt it.

She will go on running wild until she dies or lands in prison on a lengthy stretch, which will sadly be the best for all concerned. All because we simply do not have an answer for what to do when people who are not fit to raise children have children.

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    I dont buy that for a second.
    She knows what she is doing is wrong, she is old enough to know better.

old enough yes, educated enough, no. Its clearly acting out. like, the beeping outside the cop shop, does that not scream looking for attention? and her younger brother? I'm sure his smoking and drinking is his own choice, and not down to his access to cigarettes and alcohol?

I understand that of course her upbring has totally fecked her up but if this is to continue not only with her but all the rest of the screwed up families then where does it leave the rest of us??

I had the unfortunate luck to live beside a very disfunctional family for longer than I care to rememeber however I do honestly think that if the parents are penalised i.e. they're welfare etc is revoked then it would have a huge impact and these problem kids would not be posing such a problem to society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Essentially the parents should be first for the firing squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

This is a child at the end of the day and she clearly hasn't had anything in the way of an upbringing. Just think of what you were like when you were 13 years old! She will probably have a child at some stage herself and so the process will be repeated, and that is Limericks problem in a nutshell.

oh my god it is no wonder this country is the way it is, anytime a scumbag plays up the politically correct do gooders turn up and say they are misunderstood, load of rubbish everybody knows right from wrong ! What makes us different is because we choose what is right. Lock the scumbags up and let them rot !

oh my god it is no wonder this country is the way it is, anytime a scumbag plays up the politically correct do gooders turn up and say they are misunderstood, load of rubbish everybody knows right from wrong ! What makes us different is because we choose what is right. Lock the scumbags up and let them rot !

Yes because ethnic cleansing solves everything. :rolleyes:

everybody knows right from wrong !

I'm afraid you have a hopelessly naive view of humanity.

thanks orizio resort to insulting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Orizio wrote: »
    Essentially the parents should be first for the firing squad.

Right
    So shoot the parents in front of a firing squad is going to solve the problems of this 13 yr old ?

• Advertisement

Right
    So shoot the parents in front of a firing squad is going to solve the problems of this 13 yr old ?

:rolleyes:

Look up the term 'flippancy' and get back to me.

Can I ask if either of you, Orizio or meoklmrk have ever been directly targeted by such anti social behaviour.
    I don't believe that we should burn people at the stake but having personally gone through hell by the vilest neighbours in the world and having nobody to turn to you do become very intolerant of such behaviour. And scarily knowing that they will and can continue to behave as such as they're background is the winning card that is always used to excuse them is a cop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Lets face it, we all know or have heard of people who have been brought up in the most terrible of circumstances yet are good people in their own right. We have also heard of people brought up excellently yet they go off the rails. When should the child in question assume culpability and responsibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

What these people do is wrong, locking them up and letting them rot is wrong. Theyre kids ffs!.

@Kilburn Your comments are ignorant and dangerous. What you suggest happened some years ago in Germany, and we should learn from that.

Can I ask if either of you, Orizio or meoklmrk have ever been directly targeted by such anti social behaviour.
    I don't believe that we should burn people at the stake but having personally gone through hell by the vilest neighbours in the world and having nobody to turn to you do become very intolerant of such behaviour. And scarily knowing that they will and can continue to behave as such as they're background is the winning card that is always used to excuse them.

I'll be honest and say that I haven't ever had anything major happen in regards to Anti-social behavior, I also lived right next door to a family from Limerick with a very well known background and surname and they never did or said a thing for almost 2 years. I cannot imagine what it is like to be constantly under attack in your own home and I completely sympathize with anyone who has to go through anything like that. However I will not vilify someone who in the eyes of the LAW is a child and call her a scumbag. When a child is raised in that kind of environment what chance do they have? If your parents raise you to be a good, kind and moral person chances are you will be that person, people seem to forget that the same goes vice versa.

Xennon wrote: »
    What these people do is wrong, locking them up and letting them rot is wrong. Theyre kids ffs!.

@Kilburn Your comments are ignorant and dangerous. What you suggest happened some years ago in Germany, and we should learn from that.

So what do you suggest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html
    I'm joking of course... as was Mr. Swift I believe.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I'll be honest and say that I haven't ever had anything major happen in regards to Anti-social behavior, I also lived right next door to a family from Limerick with a very well known background and surname and they never did or said a thing for almost 2 years. I cannot imagine what it is like to be constantly under attack in your own home and I completely sympathize with anyone who has to go through anything like that. However I will not vilify someone who in the eyes of the LAW is a child and call her a scumbag. When a child is raised in that kind of environment what chance do they have? If your parents raise you to be a good, kind and moral person chances are you will be that person, people seem to forget that the same goes vice versa.

Thank you for your honesty.
    However living next door to a well known family but not being intimidated is very different.
    I am 37yrs old and was being intimadted by a 6yr old!!
    As my friend said I tried to kill them with kindness but that didn't work.
    I spent nights & nights crying in my new home because of they're anti social behaviour.
    I contacted the Guards, the HSE, the City Council etc but nobody was willing to help me.
    Eventually my house was broken into and my car was stolen and under the instruction of the Guards I was told to move out of my house for fear of retribution from that family and that's exactly what I had to do.

I have to say I was somewhat of a liberal heart before I was confronted with the actual reality of it and then you know what but a little part of me died.
    And I know and see everyday that this will continue and spread until the parents are made responsible for their children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Maybe the judge needs to look at calling in social services, she might do better in a care home elsewhere in the country.
    Now I know you can't just go splitting up families but it may be for the best, the experts that work for the state can decide.

If she reaches 18, she'll have racked up 50 convictions the way she is going and I don't think a sentence in a young offenders centre is going to change her.

Maybe a fresh start outside Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Orizio wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Look up the term 'flippancy' and get back to me.

Understood Orizio - Be a victim of crime and you will see things differently .

And just to add to my little rant, I am a tax paying, mortgage paying individual who couldn't turn to anybody.
    However they were a disfunctional f*cked up family who had social services, St Vincent De Paul, etc, etc taking pity on them and every second day somebody was doing/taking care of them but when all that happened to me (and many others), nobody knocked on my house to check that I was okay!!

So advertenly it's okay for me to rob and intimidate?????

• Advertisement

Millie I am genuinely sorry that you and countless other people have been victimized in this manner. It is completely unacceptable, and I do believe that safety nets should be put in place to protect people from such things. I totally disagree with such behaviour, in this case I think that the children should be taken into state care and the parents literally kicked out. Any child displaying antisocial behavior is a sign of serious issues and quite frankly the whole "I can't control him/her" simply does not fly anymore. Unless there is intervention with these kids the process will simply repeat itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Noun

flippancy

A disrespectful levity or pertness especially in respect to grave or sacred matter

Sounds just like what the 13 yo dislpayed.

Put her in a home till she is an adult.

Xennon wrote: »

Xennon cop on to yourself, no one is suggesting anything like Germany.
    Get over yourself will ya, if you commit a crime you have to do the time its as simple as that.
    And how dare u pass comments like that about my character, it seems here that when people disagree with a comment the result to insulting you. Aint we a mature lot here, I thought boards was a platform for discussion not a slanging match site.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aint we a mature lot here, I thought boards was a platform for discussion not a slanging match site.

Most of Boards is brilliant for mature discussion, but this forum has been in steady decline for a while now. Check out some of the other sections of the site and your faith in it should be restored :) Your faith in Limerick-people may, however, be tarnished forever by threads like this...

thanks insect it is a shame that people resort to insults and cant discuss things like adults

I understand people saying she had a traumatic childhood etc... but for me it's a cop-out.She is a disgusting child who attacks other kids to rob their money,will give the height of abuse to anyone be it old or young.I hope one day she meets her maker and the same for her Whole Family!In Garryowen i know of numerous Families who hope they are wiped off the face of the earth like there scum of an uncle was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

In Garryowen i know of numerous Families who hope they are wiped off the face of the earth like there scum of an uncle was.
    Why do these families hope they are wiped off the face of the earth? Perhaps these suicidal tenancies are part of the problem.

tuxy wrote: »
    Why do these families hope they are wiped off the face of the earth? Perhaps these suicidal tenancies are part of the problem.

Because many have been assaulted by members of the family and have had there houses robbed by them.Also they live in fear of them and as the saying goes "a life lived in fear is a life half lived".

Thank you for your honesty.
    However living next door to a well known family but not being intimidated is very different.
    I am 37yrs old and was being intimadted by a 6yr old!!
    As my friend said I tried to kill them with kindness but that didn't work.
    I spent nights & nights crying in my new home because of they're anti social behaviour.
    I contacted the Guards, the HSE, the City Council etc but nobody was willing to help me.
    Eventually my house was broken into and my car was stolen and under the instruction of the Guards I was told to move out of my house for fear of retribution from that family and that's exactly what I had to do.

I have to say I was somewhat of a liberal heart before I was confronted with the actual reality of it and then you know what but a little part of me died.
    And I know and see everyday that this will continue and spread until the parents are made responsible for their children.

Its a horrible story and I feel sorry for you Millie. But you'll notice if you re-read, nobody was defending the parents on this thread, and thats the point. It's their fault. The kid never had a hope really. You hardly blame the 6 year old on their own.

People should need a licence to have kids

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭biggles007

If you grow up amongst nettles you'll have to sting too

• Advertisement
Advertisement