Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb belkin wireless adapter?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a belkin usb wireless adapter recently for my desktop to connect to the internet but it is only picking up two networks whereas my laptop is picking them all up right beside it,would it be a problem with the belkin brand that i bought in argos? it is a dell vostro 200 desktop so its only 2 yeras old...anyone used one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

What channel do you have your router transmitting on? In America Wi-Fi can only work on channels 1-11 whereas we can use 1-13 (AFAIK 14 is in use in Japan only). Often you get products which are sold over here and can only operate on the American channels.

Additionally I assume that you have your SSID visible. If this isn't the case and if the usb dongle wasn't compatible with WPA then it might appear as if your network isn't there as it tries and fails to connect with it.

Advertisement