Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What am I entitled to???

• 01-07-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hiya.

I probably should just go to citizen advice or something but could someone maybe give an idea on what they think i should be entitled to? I doubt I am but no harm in asking.

Basically I am in full time employment, I earn about €1600 after tax per month but I live with my boyfriend who has been unemployed for a year and a half, we have a child together and renting a house. He has just been notified that he will be means tested as we live together and because of this, his Jobseekers Allowance of €196 could be reduced.

I dont think this is fair at all as all my wages go on bills, rent of €700 a month, food, loans etc. We use his weekly dole money to get through the month ( I get paid monthly). Both of us have worked since we were 17 and so sometimes I find it really unfair when I see familes like us that dont work at all but yet get everything handed to them, rent allowance, family income, one parent family benefit etc and we have to struggle constantly. I do think maybe we are better off lying to the system and saying im a single mother as it seems half the country are doing this.

Anyway, does anyone know if i am at all entitled to anything from the state?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You might be able to get FIS (Family Income Supliment), no idea how much it is or anything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

For sure go to a Citizens information centre, they should be able to tell you what you may be able to claim for that you are not doing so already and also about FIS, even if you check the social welfare website, this should tell you what the cut off point is for this income wise.

Advertisement