Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faulty unit from Thomann - Advice please

• 01-07-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Hey.

Has anyone received faulty goods from Thomann?
    If so, have you any advice on the best way/who to contact?
    The only email address I have at the moment is their generic one and figured I'd try here first to see if there's a more direct approach.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

There's some documentation somewhere on the site if you poke around, I think. I had to return a pedal board that arrived damaged, I think I had to fill out a form and send them a photocopy of it signed, but they were dead sound about it and really quick too. I just emailed them about it to customerservice@thomann.de and they helped me through the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

#Thanks. I've sent a mail to that address. I'll post up how I get on. The faulty pedal was great till it started acting up too.

RE20 Space Echo. Excellent stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thomann are pretty solid with customer care/returns. Never had to deal with them myself but my brother had a good few products replaced promtly by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

The repairs/return departments email and direct phone number are on their website.

I've had an aweful time with them.

Bought a set of AKG headphones. They work, but have a very low output and distort at higher volumes. This is when compared with a set of T.Bone HD-990s and some iPod headphones on the same system, MBox.
    Thomann took 'em back, tested 'em and say they're fine and wont give me a replacement set.
    I've contact AKG directly who confirmed that this is not normal operation for them. Gonna call Thomann again but I'm not looking forward to explaining to them, again and again, that my system is fine and their testing process is wrong. :mad:
    Their policy is to attempt to repair them four times before issuing a replacement or refund. The first time I sent them back doesn't count as they didn't do a repair so now I've to send them back another four times to go through their stupid f&ckin process before I can get anywhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OP, phoning them is generally quicker and easier than emailing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

RE20 Space Echo. Excellent stuff.

I love my Space Echo. What's wrong with yours? I've heard loads of cases (myself included) of getting lots of clock hiss if the pedal is on a daisy chain with other gear. I have a dedicated wall wart to power my one.

The unit was working fine for 2 days then started freezing up, all the lights would go on and stay on, instead of flashing for the tempo and strobing for the tape speed. It wouldn't let any sound through either. This always happening after 11 seconds when I plugged the cord into the unit (thereby turning it on).

I have to say, so far, I'm very impressed with their service. They replied to my email saying they organised for UPS to collect it and I just had to ring UPS with a time and day that suits me. I'll let you know how it progresses.

Howdy.

Just to bring it to a conclusion. There was a part of the email thomann sent to me which said

"In case the technician states that the fault was accidentaly caused by you or it happened due to a high mortality part of the unit (lamp, battery, etc.) we unfortunately will have to charge you with the shipping costs for sending the item back and for the quote made by our service technician and we can, of course, not repair the unit under warranty."

Just to be sure, I changed the batteries in the unit for new ones and this got rid of the problem. I've double and triple checked and the problem returns when the original batteries are in it and the problem is gone when I put in a new set of batteries.

Bit obvious that I should have checked the batteries first, but I never even thought of it till I read the above paragraph.

Anyway, I sent a mail back to thomann saying I'm going to keep the unit and I have been very impressed with their returns service too. Thumbs up for Thomann.

Advertisement