Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up an indoor market?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey peeps. I'm new to this so please forgive me if i'm in the wrong place.

I want to set up an indoor market type business on private property in a town. What rules and laws am i governed by, if any? I know i'll probably have to get insurance, and same will have to be provided by potential stall holders, but are there any regulations with regard to the council given the fact that it is on private property.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

You may need to check the use against the registered use of that building with the Planning Dept. If there is a change of use required etc.

Best of luck. Check out the Ranelagh market area for inpiration. Think they are finding it tough but there is great local support for such efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Nevie

Thanks Cork Girl. Ranelagh Market looks wonderful. Great to see things getting back to basics. Will let you know if my venture gets up and running

Advertisement