Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 - New

Options
  • 01-07-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭

Looking into buying one of these new; I don't play a lot just want it for Fifa, Tiger and GTA so it'd be the 120/80GB PS3 or the Arcade Xbox. Anyone know the cheapest place to pick one up?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,053 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

cson wrote: »
    Looking into buying one of these new; I don't play a lot just want it for Fifa, Tiger and GTA so it'd be the 120/80GB PS3 or the Arcade Xbox. Anyone know the cheapest place to pick one up?

Cheers.

Well if thats all you want the console for, I'd recommend a PS3 because at least you'll have your free online gaming for multiplayer FIFA etc whereas for Xbox you'll be shelling out whatever it is per year.

So whatever prices you're quoted, add €40/€50 or whatever it is per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

You will have to try out both in the stores you will probably not notice any game play differences but you will favor one controller over the other , I have both consoles and prefer the xbox but each to their own.
    By the way that is a loaded question, the fanboys will tell you that the one they use is the best. One other thing the PS3 has a blu-ray player if you want to watch H D movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Xbox 360 Arcade (No HDD) - €149.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9009466/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+360.htm

Xbox 360 Elite (120GB HDD) - €189.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5685619/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+360.htm

Playstation 3 (120GB HDD) - €298.75
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9239140/Trail/searchtext%3EPS3+CONSOLE.htm

Go for the 360 if all you want to do is play games.

Note: An Xbox 360 Arcade and stand-alone Blu-ray player would still be cheaper than a PS3.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd wait a month or two unless you're in a rush, new Xbox and PS3 coming out around Christmas iirc, so prices on older versions usually drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The new PlayStation 4 isn't coming out around Christmas. Winter 2011 they reckon.

Couldn't see them releasing it this Chrimbo.
    Saying that, who knows.

I want to pick up a cheap one too if posible, bundle deal would be nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

New Xbox 360 is coming out on July 16th this year, so the current Elite and Arcade models are now discontinued so expect prices to drop even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Doocey wrote: »
    The new PlayStation 4 isn't coming out around Christmas. Winter 2011 they reckon.

Couldn't see them releasing it this Chrimbo.
    Saying that, who knows.

I want to pick up a cheap one too if posible, bundle deal would be nice :)

PS4 is long way away yet. Playstaions have approx 7yrs life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

IrishHomer wrote: »
    PS4 is long way away yet. Playstaions have approx 7yrs life

It's rumoured for 2012 but who knows.
    I'm tempted to splash some cash on it, Pixmania appeals. Cheap enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Doocey wrote: »
    It's rumoured for 2012 but who knows.
    I'm tempted to splash some cash on it, Pixmania appeals. Cheap enough..

That would be late 2012 at earliest and new consoles are always highly inflated pricewise.

Suckers like me paid over €700 for the PS3 at launch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm too am looking for a PS3, anyone seen any deals anywhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement