Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SS amongst other things.

Options
  • 01-07-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Starting this tomorrow night. After going over the exercises, I figure I shuold post my progress here.

Stats:
    Weight: 94kg
    Height: 6 foot.

Basically putting this now so I remember to post in it tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Hack Squat
    Warmups:
    2x5 @ 25kg
    1x5 @ 15kg
    1x3 @ 25kg
    1x2 @ 35kg
    Working Set:
    3x5 @ 45kg
    (I've no squat rack so hack squats will have to do for now)
    Bench Press
    Warmups:
    2x5 @ 20kg
    1x5 @ 20kg
    1x3 @ 25kg
    1x2 @ 35kg
    Working Set:
    3x5 @ 40kg
    Chin Ups:
    Could only do half of one (damn my fat ass!) so did as many negatives as I could which was 7, then my forearms gave out.

It was pretty intense as I haven't done anything physical like this in a fair bit! Generally work involves lifting and placing stuff so stuff like the bench is a foreign concept to my body!

Next work out will be Monday, as I want to stick to the Mon-Wed-Fri schedule.

Anyone who has any questions/suggestions please don't be afraid to ask! I'm new at this structured exercise lark!

Due to going to Oxegen at the weekend, I'm only doing 2 workouts this week, but filling in the other days with cycling to make up for it.

Squat
    Warmup
    2x5 @ 25kg
    1x5 @ 15kg
    1x3 @ 25kg
    1x2 @ 35kg
    Working Sets
    3x5 @ 47.5
    Overhead Press
    Warmup
    2x5 @ 20kg
    1x5 @ 15kg
    1x3 @ 20kg
    1x2 @ 25kg
    Working Sets
    3x5 @ 30kg
    Deadlift
    Warmup
    2x5 @ 20kg
    1x3 @ 30kg
    1x2 @ 45kg
    Working Sets
    1x5 @ 55kg

Really glad I did this today. It's nice to stick at it. Thurs will be the other workout but with weight upped. Hopefully I'll be able to bench my current bodyweight by the end of the year.

Also; oats and cold milk is delicious! :D

Just noting that I got my bike back and I cycled about 3 miles yesterday and the day previous.

Tomorrow, back on the bar again. Damn weather gave me a cold at Oxegen hopefully it'll clear over the next few days. Actually, if anyone is reading this; my best advice for Oxegen is to go there in a camper van. The weather was diabolical and it really threw me off my plan. Regardless, will get back on this one way or the other!

Oh shi- er, back to this so.

Kettlebell 16kg
    Swings/Front Squats alternating:
    [10x/10x
    30sec break]x5

Floor dumbell press:
    12.5kg dumbells each
    3x10

Deadlift
    3x5 @ 65kg

I deserved that. Back on track again, I suppose, until I get a gym membership, I'll be knocking around on the ol' home weights.

(Sorry if this has interrupted the front page :P)

Advertisement