Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Schneider has appeared in a couple of forms since his characters death soits no big deal he will be back for an appearance. They ruined the character lana Lang by giving her powers..so theres no point in her character coming back for a story line other than some cameo appearance. Lex has to come back or it will be a write off.

If its the last season I dont see why DC cant get their finger out and allow Batman/Bruce Wayne & Wonder Women make a cameo. It would boost ratings and if they did a double episode like they did with the Justice Society of America last season they could milk a DVD out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Schneider has appeared in a couple of forms since his characters death soits no big deal he will be back for an appearance. They ruined the character lana Lang by giving her powers..so theres no point in her character coming back for a story line other than some cameo appearance. Lex has to come back or it will be a write off.

If its the last season I dont see why DC cant get their finger out and allow Batman/Bruce Wayne & Wonder Women make a cameo. It would boost ratings and if they did a double episode like they did with the Justice Society of America last season they could milk a DVD out of it.

It would be nice to see an expensive spin off Justice League miniseries produced for HBO.

Do they not have to finish the Lana Lang story from before, it makes some sense to see her return. But will Token return to the series?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Isn't it a little early for a season 10 thread? Ahh whatever.
    Elmo wrote: »
    It would be nice to see an expensive spin off Justice League miniseries produced for HBO.
    Never gonna happen. HBO only make good shows :P
    Do they not have to finish the Lana Lang story from before, it makes some sense to see her return. But will Token return to the series?
    If Lana comes back into it, i'm gonna stop watching it....actually who am i kidding. If the horrible plot, script and acting hasnt stopped me watching it over the last 9 years, nothing will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am surprised this got renewed for a 10th season tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Every year I say "I'm gonna have to stop watching this muck" and every year I get suckered back to it by the finale.

Her story was crap and she left not being able to be anywhere near Clark as she was infected with kryptonite so it wasnt really left open.

They had plans for a Justice League movie before the writers strike and if Marvels Avengers film does well next year I can see them making it

I'd prefer a tv version of JLA....The CW should commision it, Michael Shanks would be rather good. Deffo wanna see more of Dr. Fate....his costume was ace

Lois: "nice helmet"
    Dr. Fate: "thank you"

I'd prefer a tv version of JLA....The CW should commision it, Michael Shanks would be rather good. Deffo wanna see more of Dr. Fate....his costume was ace

Lois: "nice helmet"
    Dr. Fate: "thank you"

They were characters from the Justice Society of America. Would rather a film version of JLA one that wouldnt be held back over budget restrictions like Smallville is.

They were characters from the Justice Society of America. Would rather a film version of JLA one that wouldnt be held back over budget restrictions like Smallville is.

That is why I am suggesting a Miniseries on HBO. Get the writers from Smallville, Batman Animated, Batman Begins, The Dark Night to bring an epic to the small screen.

Have Lex buying Wayne Enterprises while Gotham goes to the dogs as Batman goes missing leaving the City to Batgirl and Robin to patrol with Knightwing. The Star City Strangler (sorry thats from Smallville but something) returns, with Diane Prince being Seconded to the FBI from the Army to investigate. Lex preparing for Presidential Elections. You know something epic. (I know only a small bit of the DC universe). Oh! Clarke isn't in this series until the end.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I just saw the finale at the weekend - amazing as always! Can't wait for Season 10, roll on. I love Smallville, even though tiz pretty cheesy. Love the fact that Lois FINALLY knows that Clark = the blur :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am surprised this got renewed for a 10th season tbh

I'm surprised that it's been renewed for the last 5 seasons...It's been crap since then...only watch it out of boredom..
    every bloody movie cliche you can think of , Smallville had done it.
    As for the finale's..what's the point of having a good finale when the start of the next season's episode cops out and has everything all hunky and dory again..

Currently watching season 8. Far better than season 9. Lot more going on. The problem with Smallville is that it tries to end each episode. Nothing is really a cliffhanger, they have about 5 minuntes of typical US prime time soap opera after the bad guy has been found out.

It needs to have a series where the writters focus on one main plot, rather than having 22 mini plots each season. They have some good bad guys that could span the course of 4 episodes and others that could span the whole season. I know Doomsday, Zod and The Luthers do this. Doomsday took several episodes to become know to the characters and once he was they pretty much did away with his story.

I think there are too many distractions in the series that aren't worth it, they could cut allot out of the series.

Jesus, just had a thought (it happens every so often)...what if it does well in the ratings and they shoot for season 11??!

Jesus, just had a thought (it happens every so often)...what if it does well in the ratings and they shoot for season 11??!

I would say if it does well they will set up a spin off series.

Green Arrow?

The fillers are the killers! In season 1 - 3 they really didnt have that many as every episode involved a freak of the week along with the Luthor-Kent relationship. They could have easily knocked off 9/10 episodes from the last 2 seasons. The writers have a lot to anwser for as they have soo much source material.

Green Arrow?

Lets hope not.

Laura Vandervoort will be back as Clark’s cuz Kara

• Advertisement

Supergirl as the spin off series!

You're not allowed to say her name without posting a pic of here. Jeez, dont you know anything :p

laura_vandervoort_big.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

link for this? she is in V so how will she juggle both shows?

tvnutz wrote: »

I give V 5 more episodes

One episode..hardly something to get exciting about. Both shows are filmed in Vancouver so shouldnt be a problem if they got her for more.

Plus, its not like she needs to do any real acting for Smallville.

It's VanderHOT!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

tvnutz wrote: »

I bet she's good at juggling.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Plus, its not like she needs to do any real acting for Smallville.

She dosen't need to act, period!...just turn up and look all hot! :D

Source EW
    DC Comics character Cat Grant is to join the cast of Smallville for the show's tenth and final season.
    Entertainment Weekly reports that the role will join the show as Clark Kent's new partner at the Daily Planet.
    Catherine 'Cat' Grant was first introduced to Superman comics in 1987 as a gossip columnist working alongside Clark and Lois Lane. She was originally a potential love interest for Superman.
    The character was previously portrayed by actress Tracy Scoggins on '90s Superman series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
    Producers are currently searching for a new actress to play the role on Smallville.

It was confirmed that Darkseid will be in season 10 as well, though in a different form then he usually is.

Thats what they said about Doomsday.Still no sign of Michael Rosenbaum coming back but shots of his clone from season 8 are in the trailer for Season 10 at Comic Con. Also it doesnt look like Batman or Wonder woman will turn up either. Guess you would have to be seriously into your comics to appreciate the little known DC characters that will be showing up.

Absolute Justice starts next week on E4.

Thats what they said about Doomsday.Still no sign of Michael Rosenbaum coming back but shots of his clone from season 8 are in the trailer for Season 10 at Comic Con. Also it doesnt look like Batman or Wonder woman will turn up either. Guess you would have to be seriously into your comics to appreciate the little known DC characters that will be showing up.

Thank god for comic book nerds or i'd be lost, tons of geeks seems to know everything about comic books from reading the Films board, i've no clue.

• Advertisement

Thank god for comic book nerds or i'd be lost, tons of geeks seems to know everything about comic books from reading the Films board, i've no clue.

Yeah have to agree, I have learned allot about Graphic Novels. My inner Nerd. But they are good stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

Holy crap I cant beliee smallville is still going!! Turned on the box the other night and there it was(brand new in top corner of screen to let me know it wasnt a repeat). I watched this show a few years back but I had to stop because I couldnt bear the bad acting, the cliches, the dodgy plot resolutions, how contrived the whole thing was and the unbelieveably bad dialogue/interplay between the leads. How does crap like this survive for that long? There was a show called millenium on a few years ago which was infintely superior to smallville but yet only lasted 2 or 3 seasons.................*shakes head in disbelief*

santana75 wrote: »
    Holy crap I cant beliee smallville is still going!! Turned on the box the other night and there it was(brand new in top corner of screen to let me know it wasnt a repeat). I watched this show a few years back but I had to stop because I couldnt bear the bad acting, the cliches, the dodgy plot resolutions, how contrived the whole thing was and the unbelieveably bad dialogue/interplay between the leads. How does crap like this survive for that long? There was a show called millenium on a few years ago which was infintely superior to smallville but yet only lasted 2 or 3 seasons.................*shakes head in disbelief*

I don't think you could compare Millennium with smallville (even if Smallville was a one stage trying to be the Teen version of X-files). Millennium has given allot to TV, CSI rips off its flashback style investigation while Lost robs is mysterious background plots.

Smallville is just about watchable, one of the better WB shows (but that isn't saying much). Also Brand New on E4 isn't all that Brand New.

CW head honcho is saying about a Smallville/DC spinoff series.....

* With Smallville entering its final season, Ostroff said The CW is talking about adapting another DC Comics property for the small screen. That noise you hear is Wonder Woman firing up her invisible jet.

^ i don't want WW...i want Justice League!, i mean ffs..an invisible jet!!, the 70's WW was cheesy at it's best, you just can't update or remake a show like that!....Bionic Woman proved this!

CW head honcho is saying about a Smallville/DC spinoff series.....

* With Smallville entering its final season, Ostroff said The CW is talking about adapting another DC Comics property for the small screen. That noise you hear is Wonder Woman firing up her invisible jet.

^ i don't want WW...i want Justice League!, i mean ffs..an invisible jet!!, the 70's WW was cheesy at it's best, you just can't update or remake a show like that!....Bionic Woman proved this!

Wonder Woman will always have problems even if she is part of the Justice League. Also for it to be a spin off of Smallville it would have to come from at least one of the current characters of the series????

• Advertisement

Keri Lynn Pratt will be playing Cat Grant in the 10th season of Smallville

Keri Lynn Pratt will be playing Cat Grant in the 10th season of Smallville

Emilie Ullerup who played the character last year is much hotter and Danish!!:)
    Maybe she couldnt take the role...

Second ep of Absolute Justice tonight at 9 on E4.

Lads, there's supposed to be a promo out with Chloe holding Dr. Fate's helmet...anyone link to it?

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/49848245.html

Lois Lane's family is making a return visit to Smallville!

General Sam Lane (Michael Ironside) and Lucy Lane (Peyton List), the father and wild-child sister of Lois (Erica Durance), are set to return to in a late-October episode, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

9 Super spoilers from Smallville's day at Comic-Con

General Lane and Lucy were last seen in separate episodes during Season 4. The General, however, has been mentioned numerous times, including last season when Lois called to discuss her wedding to Clark (Tom Welling) while under a persuasive spell.
    Details on the duo's arrival are sparse, but we hope the General's return has something to do with Lex Luthor, who became the General's boss in the comic books.

Will Michael Rosenbaum return to Smallville?

The kitchen sink?? Need Batman/ Bruce Wayne and Wonder Women cameos to hold true to that statement!!

Lionel Luthor returns....think everyone is gonna come back this season: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/20/smallville-john-glover-lionel-luther/

As I found out you don't need the full embedding script from You Tube just the "V" number. But sometimes the full embedding works.

Bye Chloe! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s85/smallville/news/a266757/allison-mack-explains-smallville-exit.html ....i've always liked you since your early outing on the much too short (and sadly cancelled) Fox show "Opposite Sex".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I've said for the past few seasons that I have kept watching because I have come so far and might as well see how it ends. However one of the reasons I have been able to stand the patheticness (don't think that's actually a word) of the last few seasons is the character of Chloe.

Always liked her from the start,was probably the only really good actor in the show alongside the guy who played Lex. Her character actually got rather good as the years went on compared to how all the other characters got worse.

So now she won't be in the show except for 5 episodes. Should I bother watching this season? I probably will,but now it will be worse than I had expected since the best actor and probably the best character in the show has now left.

• Advertisement
Advertisement