Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

New season is shaping up quite well so far! Surely thats not the last we see of Chloe though?!

I hope they don't go down the predictable route and end with Clark putting on the suit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Quite enjoyed this one again. Writing seems less clunky than the awful writing that permeated season 9. I groaned when Hawkman appeared but was relieved to find that he had lost the Batman voice. It was quite amusing to see his reaction to Lois as she behaved in the manner he remember her for in early seasons. That whole "you make me want to scratch out my eyeballs with a fork" reaction that I remember so well.

Not liking the new Cat Grant. Anytime she comes on screen, I keep wishing for Tracy Scoggins instead.

By the way, was that a woman's jacket that Clark was wearing at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I like the look of the new jacket, looks like it was made by the same people that made ollie and the rest of the guys costumes but i think it looks cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭larchielads

i like that jacket where can i get one? actually i could get one here http://www.replicaprops.com/cart2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_39&products_id=142&zenid=83b739a41c47bb0acec481430dbed2f6 a bit pricey though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i like that jacket where can i get one? actually i could get one here http://www.replicaprops.com/cart2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_39&products_id=142&zenid=83b739a41c47bb0acec481430dbed2f6 a bit pricey though

:eek: - they can feck off with that price tag!

:eek: - they can feck off with that price tag!

Never a truer word said man, do you get super powers for that price too?

Never a truer word said man, do you get super powers for that price too?

Or a date with Lois Lane?

Either or would be fine with me lol

Dreadful episode!....really bad, even Supergirl could not save it, terrible dialogue. VanderHOT in her little outfit wasn't enough to save this turd. No much else to say...pah!

Ah dont say that Richard, I'm looking forward to going home and watching it after work!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Like fudge it was. Much better than last weeks. A major plot development at the end and hints of the larger evil to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Dreadful episode!....really bad, even Supergirl could not save it, terrible dialogue. VanderHOT in her little outfit wasn't enough to save this turd. No much else to say...pah!

Since when has there been good dialogue??? :confused:

Lois in bondage + Kara cant complain

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Since when has there been good dialogue??? :confused:

Lois in bondage + Kara cant complain

Yeah it was the fettish episode :rolleyes:

I knew it would be a good one when Richard said he didn't like it. Three in a row. Getting somewhat optimistic that 10 could be a good season although we've been down this road before like in season 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh come on now Richard it's smallville we've sat through 10 season's of this :D

Every season I have said thats it no more, every season the last one suckers me into watching one more season and every season after every episode I am say exactly the same as what you posted to myself :D

What is it about smallville? I mean it's pure and utter tripe and has been since season 2 or 3 but yet I can't stop watching it , I'll likely get withdrawal symptoms when it finishes :rolleyes: well that or I take up crack I hear it's easier to quit than smallville :D

There's always something enticing about Superman. Even after the tripe that was "Returns", I'm still itching for another movie. I did stop watvhing mid way through season 9 but after catching a climpse of the Superman suit at the start of this season, I've started watching again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yup thats exactly what suckered me into still watching Stark :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

There has always been horrible dialogue with this show so that's no surprise. Overall not a terrible episode. Compare the first 3 eps of this season to last season and it is much better.

However I have to say,even though I know it is a tv show and not a massive budget,but that was some of the worst CGI I have seen. It was shocking. The sign falling with the crane,so bad. And even at the Kent farm on the windmill looked so bad! The season premiere had actually good CGI and then we get this,shocking!

Thought it was a good watch. So far I've really enjoyed the first 3 episodes:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

calex71 wrote: »
    What is it about smallville? I mean it's pure and utter tripe and has been since season 2 or 3 but yet I can't stop watching it

I think quite a few of us are "trapped" that way :). A huge number of episodes in the last few years have been complete and utter sh*te, yet after all these years, I simply can't give it up, even though I have no actual logical explanation of why I still watch it...
    tvnutz wrote: »
    I know it is a tv show and not a massive budget,but that was some of the worst CGI I have seen.

Indeed. Watching it in HD made it about a hundred times worse - extremely poor. Maybe they are really penny-pinching with the budget this year for the later episodes...

Have to disagree with Richard, i thought this was a great episode. Kara was great, seeing clark take the next step to flight too.

However.....
    Yes the CGI was terrible but it usually is in fairness, low budget and all that.

And I'm not impressed with what theyre doing with Darkseid!! Why is it always a human host for the evil spirit?? Darkseid is supposed to be the big bad ass that takes supes on in one on one combat!!!

And I'm not impressed with what theyre doing with Darkseid!! Why is it always a human host for the evil spirit?? Darkseid is supposed to be the big bad ass that takes supes on in one on one combat!!!
    I think they'll make the excuse that he can't directly travel from Apokolips to Earth and has to possess people first to achieve this.

KerranJast wrote: »
    I think they'll make the excuse that he can't directly travel from Apokolips to Earth and has to possess people first to achieve this.

All I can say is I hope Not!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The CGI can be rough at times - capes, and flags definitely not being their forte. However some of the other CGI is beautiful, such as the heat vision and super slow-mo super speed.

The CGI can be rough at times - capes, and flags definitely not being their forte. However some of the other CGI is beautiful, such as the heat vision and super slow-mo super speed.

Agree 100%. They seem to keep the money for the recurring cgi and just throw together the one off shots, but being that this was the episode where supergirl reveals herself to the world they could have splashed out this once.

• Advertisement

KerranJast wrote: »

They did the same thing with Doomsday only showing glimpes. They dont have the budget to make a standard version but I still expect him to turn up come the end of the season. Hopefully they dont bring Rosenbaum back to be possessed by another major villian!!!

TonyD79 wrote: »
    They did the same thing with Doomsday only showing glimpes. They dont have the budget to make a standard version but I still expect him to turn up come the end of the season. Hopefully they dont bring Rosenbaum back to be possessed by another major villian!!!

Hopefully they DO bring Rosenbaum back, but I agree not to be posessed. They nedd lex to return at least in the last episode. The producers have tried to get him back loads of times but the excuse he keeps giving is that he doesnt wanna shave his head again! LAME!!!

That's a nice way of saying he doesn't want to be associated with such a ****e show anymore.

All I can say is I hope Not!!!!
    As Tony said they don't have the budget do a full scale invasion of Earth plot this early in the season. Maybe towards the end we'll get more (a bit like the vision of the Kandorian ruled hell future Lois went to last season).
    If you're going to have Darkseid do it well or tease it. In between is pointless.

Just saw the clip for Episode 200 - Homecoming, looks pretty good. The story with Braniac5 from the Legion looks like it could shape up to be a pretty awesome episode :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 4 was a fun episode (especially the future piece, and Oliver's speech at the end).

Peterson and Souders are 4 out of 4 this season. About damn time. :)

The best episode I've seen in a long long time, A*

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Super tornado save...awesome. Meeting himself...awesome. Telling Lois he loves her and floating....awesome.

Red leather outfit with gel hair...gayyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Another strong episode (by Smallville standards). Although, I rolled my eyes at the start when I thought they were goin back to a freak-of-the-week type episode with the crazy teacher. Boring! But thankfully, they ditched that fairly sharp-ish.

The flashbacks were a nice touch. And that tornado save thing was great.

Agreed though, he needs to ditch that red leather jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That was absolutely awesome.Like others have said the tornado save, olivers speech, brainiac5, floating, future clark and even the replica of the dance from years ago(same lifehouse song).Great episode :)

GREAT GREAT GREAT Episode!! I was well impressed!! As mentioned already the tornado save, future clarks speech was great, braniac 5 was cool too, and the flashbacks were a nice touch!

And it was great to see him get his feet off the ground :)

Dunno after all the hype it wasnt a patch on the 100th episode and the show is still missing Lex Luthor badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Wow.surprised about the amount of positive comments because that episode was terrible. absolute load of $hite. especially for a 200th episode. I know I have been a critic of this show in the last few seasons but I actually thought the first 3 eps of this season were quite decent,better opening to a season of smallville in about 5 or 6 years but this episode was shocking. terrible writing,terrible acting,corny as hell! feck sake! bad bad bad!

I liked it. It was "classic" Smallville. Even "The Gay" was back (re: Clark and Oliver scenes). My favourite bit was future Clark in Clark Kent nerd disguise.

Thought it was a cracker of an episode:D This season is shaping up quite nicely!

• Advertisement

Don't get too hopeful. You know we're overdue a stinker at this point.

Stark wrote: »
    I liked it. It was "classic" Smallville. Even "The Gay" was back (re: Clark and Oliver scenes). My favourite bit was future Clark in Clark Kent nerd disguise.

Totally agree with Stark here, The future Clark was awesome! He looked like a complete nerd but you could tell by his attitude and strong speech pattern that Tom Welling would be well up to the job of playing the actual "Superman" role!!!

Hopefully there wont be a "stinker" episode but there always is lol

I'm not sure if I liked super up-tight future Clark, but Tom Welling played current Clark's reaction to it very well. I also had to laugh at the expression on his face when the camera first showed him sitting on the throne at he school reunion.

A fantastic episode, I think I will re-watch it this evening.

PS: Episode 100, was that the one where Jonathan Kent died? I actually thought the episode after it was better (Vengeance). The bit at the end of it where he's watching the video of his da was perfectly done.

I'm not sure if I liked super up-tight future Clark, but Tom Welling played current Clark's reaction to it very well. I also had to laugh at the expression on his face when the camera first showed him sitting on the throne at he school reunion.

A fantastic episode, I think I will re-watch it this evening.

PS: Episode 100, was that the one where Jonathan Kent died? I actually thought the episode after it was better (Vengeance). The bit at the end of it where he's watching the video of his da was perfectly done.[/Q

Well my thoughts on Future Clarks up tight-ness was because he knew how Present Clark was feeling about himself and needed to come across very Confident and certain of who he was and what his purpose is. Present Clark needed to hear that so he could let go of his personal doubt

I watched it, twas pretty good....maybe i missed it....but what tornado save?, whizzing round the explosion?

I've no clue about refrencing prevoius eps. in this ep., someone help us out?

I watched it, twas pretty good....maybe i missed it....but what tornado save?, whizzing round the explosion?

I've no clue about refrencing prevoius eps. in this ep., someone help us out?

Yeah when he flew around the explosion to create a tornado/vortex kind of thingy to contain the blast, looked awesome.

When the teacher at the start dropped the books and he leaned down to help her and he had the flash back of lana, then when he walked into the Torch room and he had the flash back of chloe.... Make sense now?

No, i only started watching from S9.

No, i only started watching from S9.

Man you've missed so much!! Get Downloading!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

Good episode. Finally, after 10 years Clark has lost his self doubt (apart from when he was exposed to red kryptonite). Ten years of angst gets a little tiring.

The introduction of other DC characters into the show has really livened it up, apart from Zod. I wonder if they'll squeeze Wonder Woman in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

It was cool seeing future Clark, but apart from that I thought the episode was awful. It was like watching an episode of The OC.

Advertisement