Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Sarn wrote: »
    Good episode. Finally, after 10 years Clark has lost his self doubt (apart from when he was exposed to red kryptonite). Ten years of angst gets a little tiring.

The introduction of other DC characters into the show has really livened it up, apart from Zod. I wonder if they'll squeeze Wonder Woman in?

It would be great to see Wonder Woman but she is in the same boat as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The franchise is owned by a different companie so therefore any sort of Live Action Superman/Wonder Woman crossover is very unlikely. Shame though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

nice one, this should give us a nice shot of happy confident clark for the remainder of the season, hell be fighting someone but at least hes happier and more confident now,

i think its time to tell lois, i think it all has to be settled this season so lois should know early in the season not in the last 2 episodes, we know she knows but her and clark need to be settled when the show ends,

theres talk of tom welling being the new superman, as much as i like his portrail of clark kent, i just dont think i can see superman in him, if he does end up putting on the suit i just know it will be the very last scene of the show,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

don ramo wrote: »
    theres talk of tom welling being the new superman, as much as i like his portrail of clark kent, i just dont think i can see superman in him, if he does end up putting on the suit i just know it will be the very last scene of the show,

The whole show is about Clark becoming Superman, so the end should be him flying and putting on the suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I really hope they show him in the suit and flying for a little while before the end of the show. I don't mean several episodes, but after 10 seasons of waiting, I think it would be disappointing if we only see him as Superman, in the suit, flying, for the last 10 seconds of the show or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Jeez there's talks of season 11 now?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's not even Smallville anymore, it's an updated version of Lois & Clark: The New Adventure of Superman.

That's why i think the Metropolis idea would suit things best, have an ensemble cast....it'll be pretty much the same a SV but just a new title :-)

Yeah, I'd support that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Thats just rehased qoutes that were printed on a few sites last week. Its not going to happen.

• Advertisement

Never say never!...it's The CW we're talking about. I won't rule out a renewal or spinoff until May.

Isn't Smallville their biggest moneymaker?

DeWitt wrote: »
    Isn't Smallville their biggest moneymaker?
    its most likely there most demographic show, covering both male and females, and maybe creeping into the higher age demographic now seeing as its on 10 years,

nikita seems to be the show tasked with keeping those demographics at the CW in the future, hard to say if its up to the task so maybe the CW is looking hard at keeping smallville till theres a suitable replacement that will maintain the demographics is in place,

id be happy with a metropolis show, keep the majority of the cast mainly clark and lois, get martha back and perry in the editors office, and level that unsightly luturcorp building in the background,

Everyone should vote for Smallville!

http://www.tvinsider.com/coverpoll/

As much as I love this show and would love to see another season, i think they cant go any further than this, it couldnt continue as Smallville. Personally I would love to see a Special Edition Feature Lenght Episode to wrap the show up.

http://www.tvinsider.com/coverpoll/

I've voted a few times. I hope they produce a new photoshoot if it wins. Normally I'd vote for Chuck in something like this, but I haven't been enjoying this season so much (so far). Besides I figure Smallville deserves it more, considering it's the 10th & finale season.

You mean appearing again.... She was in Season 7

^ just goes to show i haven't watched anything before S9! :-)

Really?
    You should check out the highschool years. It's like watching a completely different show.

• Advertisement

Rosenbaum willing to come back?

Will Michael Rosenbaum reprise his role as Lex Luthor on TVs Smallville before it’s curtains for this tenth and final season?

Quite possibly. Maybe.

The actor, who left the popular superhero series at the end of season 7, says he’s open to the suggestion of reprising his bald alter-ego on the series.

“You know… that’s a tough question. I don’t know. We’ve tried to work things out. I don’t know if they’re going to work out. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. I never say no to anything. I don’t know. I’m open. It just has to work out right, it has to be right. So if it happens - I miss the guys, I love the crew, the cast. I had a great time. I was there for seven years, a lot of people don’t realize. I was there seven years. I thought I was finished, but who knows? You never know.”

Apparently the reason - and it’s a good one, I guess - Rosenbaum has refused reprising the role thus far is because he doesn’t want to shave his head again. Someone get the dude a convincing bald cap now!

Meanwhile, Teri Hatcher has taken to Facebook to tell her/the show’s fans about her upcoming guest appearance as Lois Lane’s mother on Smallville.

“I shot my Smallville part. While I’m sworn to secrecy, I can tell you that it was a blast from the past and it was with love in my heart that I tried to deliver something that served the part, honored the show in it’s 10th season, and gave a tip of the hat to all the deserved fans who’ve supported me all these years. Many thanks. It was lots of fun. Ah…Lois. I love Susan but I’ve missed you:) Stay tuned for info and air dates.”
    Source: WhatsPlaying.com.au

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Wow! Just Wow! That's two episodes of Smallville in a row where I've had smiles on my face. Glad to the see the producers are trying to make it go out on a high, cheesy one though it may be.:D
    I really hope this is the last season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah that last scene pretty much cancelled out the bad taste in my mouth from this seasons first sub-par episode. Put a big smile on my face.

By the way, Kat is the single most annoying character in the whole 10 year history of Smallville.

Rosenbaum willing to come back?

Will Michael Rosenbaum reprise his role as Lex Luthor on TVs Smallville before it’s curtains for this tenth and final season?

Quite possibly. Maybe.

The actor, who left the popular superhero series at the end of season 7, says he’s open to the suggestion of reprising his bald alter-ego on the series.

“You know… that’s a tough question. I don’t know. We’ve tried to work things out. I don’t know if they’re going to work out. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. I never say no to anything. I don’t know. I’m open. It just has to work out right, it has to be right. So if it happens - I miss the guys, I love the crew, the cast. I had a great time. I was there for seven years, a lot of people don’t realize. I was there seven years. I thought I was finished, but who knows? You never know.”

Apparently the reason - and it’s a good one, I guess - Rosenbaum has refused reprising the role thus far is because he doesn’t want to shave his head again. Someone get the dude a convincing bald cap now!

Meanwhile, Teri Hatcher has taken to Facebook to tell her/the show’s fans about her upcoming guest appearance as Lois Lane’s mother on Smallville.

“I shot my Smallville part. While I’m sworn to secrecy, I can tell you that it was a blast from the past and it was with love in my heart that I tried to deliver something that served the part, honored the show in it’s 10th season, and gave a tip of the hat to all the deserved fans who’ve supported me all these years. Many thanks. It was lots of fun. Ah…Lois. I love Susan but I’ve missed you:) Stay tuned for info and air dates.”
    Source: WhatsPlaying.com.au

Rosenbaum says the say thing every interview * facepalm*

I enjoyed that ep. much more then last week!...loved the scenes with Clois...and he finally tell hers!, loved the grin on her face when he kinda asked if she already knew. Also liked Cat, her and Lois....meeeoow!, lol...stabbed her with the pen and then Lois nearly punched her out!.....LOL!

I just felt the banter and atmosphere was better then last week, funnier. At least now they can have more fun with his secret being out. Tes....hmmm, growing a heart is she?

Me thinks she still loves Green Arrow though.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Rosenbaum says the say thing every interview * facepalm*

Sure i'm just providing info DeWitt!...tis my tang! :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah that last scene pretty much cancelled out the bad taste in my mouth from this seasons first sub-par episode. Put a big smile on my face.

By the way, Kat is the single most annoying character in the whole 10 year history of Smallville.

BLASPHEMY! :mad: ...i love Cat! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry dude, just personal opinion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

about time, were my words when clark finally told lois:D and i love his smile. good episode last night

• Advertisement

Yay! Possibly my favorite scene of the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i loved lois and clark-the adventures of superman, ok it was corny at times between lois and clark, but it was awesome!!!! love smallville for the action, but i soooo love the partnership between clark and lois. it rules!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Looks like Lex might be back towards the end as his clone is growing faster than normal.Great season so far.

I prefer Lana, she will always have my heart:pac:.

The Lois and Clark bit was nice, but they need to do what they do best and make with the bad guys- Braniac, Lex, Zod, Doomsday- any will do. It's turned into a bit of a soap opera in the last few episodes, some of it was necessary I know but come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Everything but the last 3mins of this episode was complete and utter $hite. Jaysus it was tough to watch. Last scene was good but bloody hell what a shocking episode overall.

• Advertisement

Bit of a wobbly episode, but f*** me gently, the last few minutes so made up for it.

Great episode, total filler episode, but good none the less. Loved the final scene! T'was epic!!! But i agree with Stifler123..... Bring on the bad guys and let the fighting begin!!!

vigalante registration act
    upcoming plotline on SV?....right outta X-Men eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

vigalante registration act
    upcoming plotline on SV?....right outta X-Men eh?

Could also be lifted from Marvel's "Civil War" comic book arc, which Olliver's "coming out" to the world also fits in with kinda. They did have the blowhard who was possessed by Darkseid ranting about "mutants" a few episodes back though so yeah, definitely seems like they are taking a lot of "inspiration" from X-Men...

J-blk wrote: »
    Could also be lifted from Marvel's "Civil War" comic book arc, which Olliver's "coming out" to the world also fits in with kinda. They did have the blowhard who was possessed by Darkseid ranting about "mutants" a few episodes back though so yeah, definitely seems like they are taking a lot of "inspiration" from X-Men...

True true, not a bad thing in my opinion, i loved the x-men movies

• Advertisement

J-blk wrote: »
    definitely seems like they are taking a lot of "inspiration" from X-Men...

Or The Watchmen even.

Sy-Fy actors invade SV!:
    Alaina Huffman is to reprise her Smallville role as the Black Canary in a forthcoming episode.

KryptonSite reports that the actress will return as the costumed crimefighter in the 11th episode of the current season, titled 'Icarus'.

Former Stargate: SG1 star Michael Shanks will also reprise his recurring role as Carter Hall / Hawkman in the instalment.

Michael Hogan, known for his Battlestar Galactica character Colonel Saul Tigh, is due to make his debut appearance as the villainous Deathstroke in the season's ninth episode. He is further expected to make a return appearance in 'Icarus'.

An airdate for the episode has not yet been confirmed.

It all sounds pretty good to me!

Sy-Fy actors invade SV!:
    Alaina Huffman is to reprise her Smallville role as the Black Canary in a forthcoming episode.

KryptonSite reports that the actress will return as the costumed crimefighter in the 11th episode of the current season, titled 'Icarus'.

Former Stargate: SG1 star Michael Shanks will also reprise his recurring role as Carter Hall / Hawkman in the instalment.

Michael Hogan, known for his Battlestar Galactica character Colonel Saul Tigh, is due to make his debut appearance as the villainous Deathstroke in the season's ninth episode. He is further expected to make a return appearance in 'Icarus'.

An airdate for the episode has not yet been confirmed.

It all sounds pretty good to me!

BoosterGold is also gonna be in this season at some stage too :)

An ok episode, somewhat filler. I think the Lex storyline was the most interesting part, I didn't really buy into the whole weirdo cult people too much, but it was still a decent enough episode. I wasn't really expecting too much of a mark out moment in the episode after Homecoming and the last few minutes of Isis, but that's ok. They can't spoil us every week and need to hold back I think somewhat. Some nice lines with Lois starting to edge Clark towards becoming Superman.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I won't check the previous posts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

An ok episode, somewhat filler. I think the Lex storyline was the most interesting part

Yep, the whole weirdo-cult folk was entirely formulaic and not interesting at all (at least I'm happy Lois knows about Clark and doesn't have to be rendered unconscious somehow every time he saves her :rolleyes:) but the Tess/Lex storyline was decent enough. The only problem with it is that if they cannot get Michael Rosenbaum back to play Alexander fully grown into adult Lex, then there is no good way to really end that storyline...

^ throw him a few million squid....then he'd come back!

^ throw him a few million squid....then he'd come back!

I think he deserves it too. Himself and Lionel were the best actors in the show IMO.

I think he deserves it too. Himself and Lionel were the best actors in the show IMO.
    i dont understand why he wouldnt wanna come back, its not like theres work being thrown at him, i see he has a few films out this year but there most likely filmed already,

is it that he feels typecast, or did he have a falling out or something,

anyway even if he doesnt come back with the whole cloning and stuff it can be answeared that the clone had altered DNA with lexs memories, so i think theyve covered there asses, just in case,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He doesn't want to shave his head again apparently. He could just wear a bald cap. It would look a bit naff but no moreso than the various hackjob actors they've gotten to portray him over the past few seasons. He also looks hotter with his head shaved than he does currently imo.

That ep. was better then expected, i thought it would be pure filler, but the Tess/Lex scenes really made for for the weaker Clois and Children Of The Damned parts...which in of themselves weren't too bad. The head preacher dude even had some good acting going on, and the opening car scene with Clois was fun + SEXY TIME!!

OMG!, was that the first time they bonked?

• Advertisement
Advertisement