Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Have to disagree with the "decline" in special effects. The fortress is amazing compared to anything they did in the first few seasons. Cant remember much special effects in the first two seasons other than them getting Clark to super speed and meteor rocks to glow green! Only think it went downhill after Lex and Lionel left but then again season 4 was pretty weak bar a few good episodes. On hindside I think they should have cut the Kandorian storyline out and introduced the Lex clone/Darkseid storyline last season instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Reading between the lines, i think perhaps they are not sure if this really is the final season, what if CW says we want an 11th?....be a bit of a balls up having Supes in the finale.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s85/smallville/news/a300817/smallville-exec-drops-superman-hints.html

In case anyone dosen't know....no SM this week, CW delayed the return by a week along with Supernatural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think so, Rich.... I don't even get a hint of season 11 from that article.
    They can't drag it out any more.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Under pressure? Jesus Christ! Are they friggin' kidding? The whole thing has been dragged out for too many years as it is. If they actually concentrated on the story instead of doing filler episodes, they'd be under no pressure at all.

I'm with Richard on this, he seems to be pussy footing around the subject matter. Anyone else think tv movie to wrap up the finale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

there was talk a few months back about making another show metropolis, to continue on the story if they sould keep the same actors,

i would like another superman series but i think these show runners would make it a bit to childish, plus i think people are happy enough they got 10 years out of smallville that an off-shoot show would probably be pushing it, that and you couldnt start another show without lex luthor being a strong industialist from the start,

the last shot of the series will be clark in the superman suit flying into the atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm sort of irritated that they haven't written the end of it yet, there's only a few months till it ends, you'd think they'd have a definitive direction to go for the end.:D

YAY!...Laura VanderHOT returns as Supergirl, in interviews i've read she loves appearing on the show: http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/smallville-scoop-supergirl-returns/

Don't forget lads, returns tonight after a long hiatus! [along with Supernatural]

VERY solid return in a blatant Matrix-esque episode, great fun though. Chloe came back and she kicked ass as she emulated Trinity tryna get the scooby gang outta The Matrix. So Chloe is now leader of the Sucide Squad?....Rick Flair/Deadshot are her minions?

Alania Huffman was looking rather hot, i'd love to see more of the Dr. Fate character though....definately one of the more interesting DC characters in the series. Clark flew! in Neo-esque fashion. I do hope they lock down this finale pretty soon....getting a bit late in the season.

Very solid return which i hope is reflected in the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

VERY solid return in a blatant Matrix-esque episode, great fun though. Chloe came back and she kicked ass as she emulated Trinity tryna get the scooby gang outta The Matrix. So Chloe is now leader of the Sucide Squad?....Rick Flair/Deadshot are her minions?

Alania Huffman was looking rather hot, i'd love to see more of the Dr. Fate character though....definately one of the more interesting DC characters in the series. Clark flew! in Neo-esque fashion. I do hope they lock down this finale pretty soon....getting a bit late in the season.

Very solid return which i hope is reflected in the ratings.

Nice to have Chloe back but I really didn't miss her constant metaphor strewn dialogue. Seriously woman just give us a straight explanation without the pop culture overdose. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 A Plague On Both Your Houses

Agreed. I dislike Chloe because every episode she's in they try to make her badass. They over do it so much that I literally cringe everytime she comes on my screen.

She wasn't even in the comics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It was an ok episode, but they really need him to suit up and fly before the last episode and I mean more than the last shot of the last episode.

Good to have Chloe back, but I agree with that I don't like the constant metaphors and catchphrases she uses for everything. Sometimes less is more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Excellent return-Chole was great, cant wait for her final storyline, gonna be EPIC!!

Roll on next week!

Haters out in force on DS, they are very negative about the latest ep.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1262547&page=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Haters out in force on DS, they are very negative about the latest ep.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1262547&page=19

So am I to be honest. Obviously glad to see Chloe back, but the episode wasn't fantastic, nor was the season. In fact, it hasn't been really good since season 7. They really shouldn't need filler episodes in the final season. Still, I will see it through and hopefully he will suit up soon.

And on a side note, when Chloe saved Oliver, she said "one down, 4 to go." I only counted her bringing another 3 people out of the computer sim. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ill be honest as well,I thought it was shocking. It was so cringeworthy with such bad dialogue. Sometimes the dialogue in this show can be ok but every now then,like with this episode,it is just so bad that it is probably the worst on tv at the moment. I don't know if it is the writing or bad acting or a combination of both but Jaysus it was just horrible.

Along with the horrible matrix rip off rubbish and the clunky story telling,I found this episode hard to watch. I always liked Chloe so I am gald she is back but she couldn't even save this one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Didn't hate it but ripping off "The Matrix"? That's 11 years ago! C'mon!
    And Chloe didn't feel like the Chloe of old - more like an irritating enigma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

ixoy wrote: »
    Didn't hate it but ripping off "The Matrix"? That's 11 years ago! C'mon!
    And Chloe didn't feel like the Chloe of old - more like an irritating enigma.

12 ;)

I think it's fairly certain that if he doesn't properly suit up and fly before the last shot, the internet will actually explode and it will be the end of the world :)

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    I think it's fairly certain that if he doesn't properly suit up and fly before the last shot, the internet will actually explode and it will be the end of the world :)

Ya, he better put on the suit...and fly!.... :mad:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/07/smallville-finale/

I 'm not the least bit excited for this. They're gonna ruin it. Trying to wrap everything up in two hours? That was her quote, right? What a joke. Honey, you had a whole season to wrap it up instead of choking it with fillers episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

theres noting to wrap up, the show is about clarks journey to becoming superman, so the only thing that has to be acheved in the end is clark becoming superman,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DeWitt wrote: »
    Trying to wrap everything up in two hours? That was her quote, right? What a joke.

They have 9 (10 including the double) episodes to wrap everything up, not two hours. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Although I did thoroughly enjoy the episode it was full of flaws. The biggest one for me personally was when Clark and Lois escaped "The Matrix" it instantly cut to the Kent Farm, why didnt they show Clark bursting through the wall out into the alley where Ollie Chloe and Canary were to make sure they were ok, that would have looked awesome!!!

Secondly was the dialogue.... cring worthy in so many places.... why was Clark such a little bitch when chloe and ollie were trying to convince him to trust her.

And thirdly they didnt do enough to explain how the VRA managed to infaltrate Carters funeral and plant a device that could knock them all out.... including Clark??? What could possibly affect him in such a way bar kryptonite.... which wouldnt effect the others???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

No more fillers between now and the end please. That episode was garbage again, the only gain is Chloe is back, but now they have built her up into some super woman it is ridiculous. Black Canary made the episode watchable despite being the worst actress since Megan Fox. As said above they did nothing to explain how they were all captured so easily and if so why not do it again next week?

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Black Canary made the episode watchable despite being the worst actress since Megan Fox.
    I blame the writing and directing. Alaina Huffman is really good on Stargate Universe as TJ.

meh...she's ok i suppose...
    alaina-huffman_l3.jpg

• Advertisement

KerranJast wrote: »
    I blame the writing and directing. Alaina Huffman is really good on Stargate Universe as TJ.

I have heard this from other people as well, so I now blame the writing and directing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

This will be crap if he decides not to come back. You would think he would have some respect for the show that pretty much made him.
    Lex Luthor’s latest scheme is perhaps his most villainous yet: Refusing to appear in the Smallville series finale.

EW has learned that actor Michael Rosenbaum has repeatedly rebuffed attempts by producers this season to get him back on The CW’s show to reprise his role as Luthor in the finale.
    “He has put the show behind him and moved on,” says a knowledgeable source. “He’s pursuing his other creative outlet [writing]. By all indications, he is not going to be involved.”

The door still remains open for Rosenbaum to come on board, but it’s closing fast. Smallville wraps series production late next month, with only three episodes — including the two-hour finale — left to shoot.

Apart from seeing the Man of Steel finally put on the spandex suit and fly like he means it, a re-appearance by Rosenbaum is the top request by fans looking for creative closure in Smallville‘s final season. (Forget Waiting for Superman — for Smallville fans, it’s all about Waiting for Lex.)

Rosenbaum played Superman’s arch rival for seven seasons on the show and Smallville ends its epic 10-year run in May. Producers have publicly taken a “you’ll have to tune in to find out” stance when asked whether Rosenbaum will show up, all the while naturally hoping the actor will change his mind.

Smallville will air its final hours on Friday, May 13. The CW had no comment.

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-refusing-to-appear-in-the-series-finale/30838

How about some Smallville TV movies like Stargate:Ark of Truth or Continuum

tvnutz wrote: »
    This will be crap if he decides not to come back. You would think he would have some respect for the show that pretty much made him.
    They should just go recruit a good character actor and pay them enough to lose the hair for a few episodes. Use the LX15 clone as new Lex. He doesn't have to look exactly like MR. They could also tease at the end that the real Lex is still alive somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That's what they've been doing all along pretty much.

Stark wrote: »
    That's what they've been doing all along pretty much.
    Yeah but they've only teased it, mainly in the (vain) hope that MR would come back. They should just plow on now with a new actor. You can't end Smallville without Lex Luthor in charge of Lexcorp.

• Advertisement

Does anyone suspect Clark won't put on the suit in the finale?...with the new reboot what are the legal implications?, it was my understanding the licence holders of Superman own the rights to the Supes music, costume and "right to fly"......

Thus does anyone think legally they can't let Clark fly or don the cape?

Does anyone suspect Clark won't put on the suit in the finale?

We already saw him fly and we saw the suit and cape so I doubt they could stop them on that grounds, plus it would be beyond stupity. The only way I could see them getting away with that is if the say the whole thing was in an alternate universe (Earth 2) or something and he never becomes the same superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Does anyone suspect Clark won't put on the suit in the finale?...with the new reboot what are the legal implications?, it was my understanding the licence holders of Superman own the rights to the Supes music, costume and "right to fly"......

The legal stuff is very complex in terms of who has the rights to what but DC have the everything that came after issue 1 of the first comic so the suit and flight can be used. Think the court case is just about money as DC will get the rights as the owns most of the elements to the story. Plus they have all the rights up until 2013.

Lex is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-back-for-series-finale/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/11/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-final/

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/michael-rosenbaum-to-return-for-smallville-series-finale/

^ did Rosenbaum see the heavy criticism of him online after those rcents articles like this?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/10/smallville-finale-rosenbaum-lex-luthor/

Look at the amount of comments!....so what prompted the u-turn?....anyways, he's coming back for the finale, will he shave his head?

As for Beacon, twas an OK ep., kinda average....but it did have Lutessa/Lional/Lex(well his clone) + momma Kent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Lex is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-back-for-series-finale/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/11/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-final/

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/michael-rosenbaum-to-return-for-smallville-series-finale/

^ did Rosenbaum see the heavy criticism of him online after those rcents articles like this?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/10/smallville-finale-rosenbaum-lex-luthor/

Look at the amount of comments!....so what prompted the u-turn?....anyways, he's coming back for the finale, will he shave his head?

As for Beacon, twas an OK ep., kinda average....but it did have Lutessa/Lional/Lex(well his clone) + momma Kent.

Fantastic news. I really didn't think that would happen.

• Advertisement

Can you say Ka-ching?

With regards above spoiler :
    Thank god Rosenbaum will be back, the new Lex is cack

Better episode than the last one. Always good with Glover in it. Thanks frack the VRA storyline is over, hopefully they never speak of it again. I laughed out loud when I saw the whole mansion on fire, everywhere except where Lionel and Martha were even though they were at the flash point, ridiculous. Hopefully we get a good run now till the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well the "Superman Returns" guys lent the Smallville producers the actual suit from "Superman Returns" so I don't think there's a problem there.

James Marshall and Greg Beeman is set to direct the series finale of Smallville.

Pretty good episeode, agree with the above comments, thank god the VRA storyline is over, it dragged out too long. Now lets see the focus on Darkseid and "FANTASTIC NEWS" the Rosenbaum will be back for the finale!!!!

It can only get better from here :)

Pretty good episeode, agree with the above comments, thank god the VRA storyline is over, it dragged out too long. Now lets see the focus on Darkseid and "FANTASTIC NEWS" the Rosenbaum will be back for the finale!!!!

It can only get better from here :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but looking at future eps on kryptonsite.com there still seems to be filler on the way

MASSIVE SPOILERS in this article, YOU ARE WARNED!: http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallville-exclusive-first-look/

pah wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble but looking at future eps on kryptonsite.com there still seems to be filler on the way

Yeah I had a look through it myself today, but hopefully they'll still be up to scratch....

Really looking forward to the
    Booster Gold and Blue Beetle
    ep.....

MASSIVE SPOILERS in this article, YOU ARE WARNED!: http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallville-exclusive-first-look/

Yeah as soon as tess tried to inject him with the needle it became obvious... although until that moment i never would have guessed they'd introduce him this early in supes life...... although i guess you could say that about nearly everyone in the show....... hence the whole re-writing of the story, not re-telling it.

I don't know where the accusations of filler are coming from. Last nights show was very good but more importantly continues to deliver important plot developments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement