Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Great episode, nice development, roll on next week!!

Poor Oliver!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Yeah it was pretty solid, got the story moving + a further march towards Clark becoming Superman, Chloe looked really hot. Visually those scenes where Chloe was being probed looked good....i know people say SM is cheap looking, but i think they do a good job on look, lighting and production design.

Will CW do a 1 hour special?....like interview the cast etc?, a look back at ten seasons?

Next weeks Hangover-esque ep. looks fun, but filler:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ya I liked that the plot is moving forward a little, but every scene with Chloe and Oliver were cringetastic. I think they were going for a Mr and Mrs Smith buzz, it's like the writers are writing the scenes just after watching a movie rental and just go "o ya we should throw some of that in". The fight scene with Chloe, Oliver and the FBI guys was awful, did Chloe actually knock out an FBI agent up with a book? WTF! And the joking while in the boot of a limo after being held at gunpoint was pretty naf too. Also, Lois and Clark were fairly candid talking about him being the blur while people were walking all around them at The Daily Planet.

Without being overly negative though, bad guys were class, nice twist with Oliver at the end and good to see the plot get moving a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weJ0vl1mUhk&feature=related
    Saw this a few months ago and was disappointed that it wasn't the real deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Adamantium wrote: »

Yeah I saw that on Kryptonsite.com a while back too, its really well made but i dont know why whoever made it put Kreuk, Rosenbaum and Vandervoort in it.

Really good episode this week i thought. It was really cool they way Clark put on the glasses and starting acting like the bumbling clutz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i dunno if its weird or what but i still love the opening credits, i think id get bored of that one easily, still loving the current song,

anyway i really liked that episode, maybe an overplay on the drama, and how retarded are the FBI that they dont recognise oliver queen, one of the biggest industrialists in the country (well former since lionel came back),

damn was hoping to see clark suit up, im getting really nervous that itll be the last shot of the show,

i know they were doing darkside in this episode, but youd think they could have fitted lionel in somewhere,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3imwRPcH1M&feature=related

Brilliant teaser for the finale, pity it probably won't be as good as those 40 sec(i hope i'm wrong!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Brilliant teaser for the finale, pity it probably won't be as good as those 40 sec(i hope i'm wrong!)

I'm afraid that's just a mish mash of scenes from Superman Returns.

That's very well done i think, short and straight to the point! They way Wellings head was put on Routh's body for the shot above the earth looks really well put together. Coodos to whoever made it.

• Advertisement

I was right, SM special planned for April, lookback at ten seasons/interviews etc.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/smallville-10-years-in-1-night-special.html

WORST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

First they did an episode on the matrix

Now they've moved onto the hangover

Whats next? Inception?

Come on Smallville a bit of originality would be nice.

Are they setting up a romance between Tess and yer man from Caprica?...seemed more then a drunken fling, they shared a good moment when he was talking about his dead wife. Cassidy sang that song pretty ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I thought it was a nice slapstick break from the usual melodrama. It's probably going to be wall to wall angst for the next few so it was a fun distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Agree it was tripe, though hope my Vegas trip ends up like that :D Only saving grace, other than Lois in the showgirls outfit, was the mention of the guy from Gotham and the Amazonian, only took them 10 and a half seasons to reference them.

• Advertisement

Really liked this episode as smallville fillers go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Thought it was terrible. Next week's episode looks better thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

That's just it though, it's absolutely ridiculous that they're still producing fillers this close to the home stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

christ above its even worse than last season..
    the makers of the matrix and the hangover should sue the bolllix out of the smallville writers..they don't seem to have one bit of originality in their heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched as far as the opening credits, and said to myself "Nope". Flicked to the last 20 seconds to see if there was any developments on the main plot. There wasn't. Saved myself about 35 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr E wrote: »
    Watched as far as the opening credits, and said to myself "Nope". Flicked to the last 20 seconds to see if there was any developments on the main plot. There wasn't. Saved myself about 35 minutes.

plus your dignity..and you can't put a price on that dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    christ above its even worse than last season..
    the makers of the matrix and the hangover should sue the bolllix out of the smallville writers..they don't seem to have one bit of originality in their heads.

Amazing to think the writer involved co-wrote a few BSG episodes.

Absolutely awful filler episode. My only hope is that it was just a budget saving episode in order to plough money into the coming episodes. Knowing Smallville though, i doubt it.

Ya the episode was pretty kak, but it was hilarious seeing Clark run into the wall. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I didn't hold out great hopes for this episode when I seen the preview and while it wasn't the worst episode ever, it wasn't the best. I don't get why they are putting filler episodes in when they literally only have about 6 or 7 more episodes at most left. I mean surely they can continue with the push to him becoming Superman rather than having a whole episode around their hangovers.

Having said that, the scene with Clark and Chloe in the barn was the first sign to me anyway, that the show is nearing it's end. It really felt like they were saying goodbye and I don't know, I just felt it was the start of the end.

Anyway, they've a few more episodes so hopefully enough for him to finally learn how to fly, and for him to get the suit on. And by fly, I mean proper flying. None of this messing around, he's Kal-el, or in a different dimension or other gimmicks that they use to beat around the bush with.

G-Money wrote: »

Anyway, they've a few more episodes so hopefully enough for him to finally learn how to fly, and for him to get the suit on. And by fly, I mean proper flying. None of this messing around, he's Kal-el, or in a different dimension or other gimmicks that they use to beat around the bush with.

Bang on the money G-Money:D

The thing is they really don't need to be ripping off other movies and they really don't need filler episodes. If the writers get stuck they have a whole archive of DC comics to rip off and they are perfectly entitled to do so.

As far as fillers go it wasnt the worst I've ever seen but FFS enough with them already!! Lets get straight into the final stretch of his journey and bring on Darkseid already!!!!!

Scion - not bad, but not great either....Connor was a bit of a dud tbh, the only good parts involved Lionel...as always, wondering about the end though?...Darkseid gonna take over Lionel or does it involved Lex?

Wasn't the biggest cliffhanger going into a hiatus, jaysus....there are only FIVE episodes left!, if you include the series finale as two eps. as one.....step it up lads!, no more filler!

Impressive trailer for the next episode!!, April 15th:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I have avoided actual spoilers, but that had to be actually Darkside at the end. An ok episode but again lacking any depth. After watching All Star Superman, it becomes even more anoying how much of a puss Clark is. Conor is a potentially decent character but with F all episodes to go it is too late. Let's see Darkside, Zod etc throw down with the real Sup and be gone with the hand bag merchant Clark.

A pretty good episode altogether me thinks. But like others say it is getting annoying that they're still doing fillers this late in the timeline. Loved the little sneak peak of Darksied at the end. And I pray to god that it's not a spirit that takes over Lionels body!!!

What I would like to see if DS bringing Lex back to life in exchange for something from Lionel!

Pretty quiet in here!!!!

Anyone else see the news that
    John Schneider
    is back for another episode???

• Advertisement

Pretty quiet in here!!!!

Anyone else see the news that
    John Schneider
    is back for another episode???

Yes,
    He's in the episode coming. From what I can tell, he'll be playing the Jonathan Kent of the mirror universe

Stark wrote: »
    Yes,
    He's in the episode coming. From what I can tell, he'll be playing the Jonathan Kent of the mirror universe

Yep,
    Clark Luthor uses his mirror box to return Clark Kent to the mirror univers and starts to cause **** with all of the characters in our universe. Clark Kent Runs into a Very angry Jonathon Kent who uses kryptonite to kidnap him and torture him!!! Cant wait to see it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Yep,
    Clark Luthor uses his mirror box to return Clark Kent to the mirror univers and starts to cause **** with all of the characters in our universe. Clark Kent Runs into a Very angry Jonathon Kent who uses kryptonite to kidnap him and torture him!!! Cant wait to see it!!!

Sounds like more flipping filler to me!

pah wrote: »
    Sounds like more flipping filler to me!

They really shouldn't be having filler episodes at this stage. There's only a handful of episodes left. You'd think they'd have tons of material to use for the last few episodes and to avoid the filler stuff.

I see all the SM spoilers have dried up!....everything is on lockdown for the finale. Lol....i bet he won't put on the suit and fly.....probably some red blur blazes accross the screen........

.................is it a bird?, a plane?....no!, it's a no budget finale filled with lawyers saying you can't do this!, you can't show that!!

I see all the SM spoilers have dried up!....everything is on lockdown for the finale. Lol....i bet he won't put on the suit and fly.....probably some red blur blazes accross the screen........

.................is it a bird?, a plane?....no!, it's a no budget finale filled with lawyers saying you can't do this!, you can't show that!!

I can't imagine them not giving us they pay-off after 10 years of him flying and in the suit. We've already seen him flying (in a way), we've already seen the suit, they just need to put them together.

It's sad that stupid f*****g legal reasons can affect something like the storyline of a TV show.

From the WB standpoint, the new Superman film takes off at Christmas next year, so even if they do show in in the suit and flying, there will be a long enough gap between the Smallville finale and Christmas 2012 that they won't overlap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Haven't watched this since before Christmas. Worth returning to?

Redisle wrote: »

I think the finale will be with Lex making his return, but the episodes have been to a really low cringeworthy standard for some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Redisle wrote: »

you could pretty much skip all the episodes you have missed since Christmas and not miss anything.just watch the last 2 episodes at this stage!

• Advertisement

I think "Scion" was decent enough by Smallville standards. The others were fairly cack though.

OMG!...EPICAGE UNBOUND!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/07/smallville-scoop-does-this-teaser-sound-familiar/

^ original Superman music?...foreshadowing usage in the finale???

OMG!...EPICAGE UNBOUND!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/07/smallville-scoop-does-this-teaser-sound-familiar/

^ original Superman music?...foreshadowing usage in the finale???

I actually got goosebumps when i first saw this a week ago!!!!!

So this is back for Saturday mornings viewing till the season finale? No breaks or nothing right??

Excellent episode this week, one of the strongest of the season, very dark....well acted by Tess and Clark Luthor/Welling. Clarke moving one step closer to his destiny selling the farm and moving to metropolis, they seem to be building up to a romance between Tess and BSG dude, be nice if her character got some closure.

I'm just hoping now NO MORE filler, and straight run of excellent eps. to the two part finale. :) Next week we have the Geoff Johns class that will be Booster :eek:

^ got some Robocop vibes from that promo!

youngblood wrote: »
    So this is back for Saturday mornings viewing till the season finale? No breaks or nothing right??

No breaks, straight run now to the two part finale :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Love that trailer for the 2 hour finale, especially with the "Believe" bit at the end.

BTW: Did anyone else think that the gold kryptonite that they are talking about might actually turn out to be what gives him the ability to fly? Not sure why I'm thinking that, just something that occurred to me when watching that episode.

A decent enough episode, always great to see Jonathan Kent again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Love that trailer for the 2 hour finale, especially with the "Believe" bit at the end.

BTW: Did anyone else think that the gold kryptonite that they are talking about might actually turn out to be what gives him the ability to fly? Not sure why I'm thinking that, just something that occurred to me when watching that episode.

A decent enough episode, always great to see Jonathan Kent again.

I googled it there and it can apparently scar or permanently remove a kryptonian's power. My guess is that it'll probably crop up again for the finale, the fact that they mentioned it was rather odd so late in the show. Hopefully we'll get a few more good episodes. One thing that I felt that they should have done was have had Clark Luther wreak havok on Metropolis while tarnishing the blur's name hence driving Clark to become a costumed hero and public figure by the final episode. Instead they had him go on a date with Tess. :eek:

Doubt it. They've said all along that Clark is physically able to fly, just too much of a whingebag to.

So the question is Who will try to strip Clarke of his powers before his showdown with the dark puff of smoke....aka Darkseid??

And how is Chloes death goin to be interwoven? She's a goner right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement