Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Find it depressing that I found the Clark Luthor character, who was only in it for two episodes, more interesting than CK. His love/hate relationship with both Tess and Lionel was fascinating to watch. He was so direct that it highlighted what the two main baddies of this season, Lionel and the Darkside, have lacked a sustained threat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I hope Lex remembers that Clark is the Traveler in that promo......this show has done more than enough memory wipes/amnesia episodes that i'd like to remember:P

it'd be nice for a change to let Lex remember that Clark Kent is the "S"........ a former best friend and alien being(which he suspected all along)

Booster, honestly...it was rather average, bit surprised actually considering Jeoff Johns et al, but we did get numerous nods to Clark becoming Superman, Booster flying/ripping open his shirt/the glasses and mumbling/bumbling Clark, Superman poster etc.

Leaving aside those much needed devices to propel Clark towards Supes, the actual ep. was rather average, the Blue Bettle stuff looked very cheap....pretty poor CGI and look for BB.

Dunno....felt very much like filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Why are they doing this filler shit 4 episodes from the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Mr E wrote: »
    Why are they doing this filler shit 4 episodes from the end?

The whole season apart from the first episode has been a filler!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The CG was bad alright, and the blue beetle just seemed like a rip-off of Ironman. Although I've never heard of the blue beetle or Booster Gold so who knows. Yeah the episode itself was sort of filler-ish. But I loved the big where he raced to the phone booth, and changed and I seen the red for a second I thought they were going to show him in the suit.

Yeah, enough filler stuff, get to the good stuff already guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Booster Gold outfit=Gold Kryptonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Ugh just saw the sneak peek of the finale with Michael Rosenbaum. That bald cap looks atrocious. It makes his head look huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I thought aul Booster was good, but wtf was it doing at the end of the season when so much has to be built up. There is at least one more filler to come. The finale will have to be the best thing ever written to make up for this !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I thought aul Booster was good, but wtf was it doing at the end of the season when so much has to be built up. There is at least one more filler to come. The finale will have to be the best thing ever written to make up for this !!!!!!

True. I wouldn't mind the odd filler but my god they are just awful; all of them. Supernatural do fantastic filler episodes, but when Smallville do them they are just a complete cringe worthy dialogue filled cheesefest. I mean wtf was with the episode where Lois was being sacrificed by the angry villlagers, did we really need to see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I mean wtf was with the episode where Lois was being sacrificed by the angry villlagers, did we really need to see that?

If they had succeeded, maybe.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I find it disappointing that after two seasons with really good season long arcs and with interesting enemies like Zod and Doomsday that they end it with this uninteresting season. Reminds me of the early seasons in which there were no season long plots.

100% AGREE...season 10 has been very poor indeed. Compared to season 8/9.....can't comment on older series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's much better than Season 9 imo but that's only because Season 9 was so terrible. It's still poor by any other TV show's standards and even by the standards of the first few seasons of Smallville.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Do they even sit down at all to discuss how to plan out a season? The Darkseid arc appears to be non-existent, popping up only briefly at the end of the occasional episode and then forgotten about the next week. How can we feel its a threat if it's barely mentioned? I mean Oliver got infected but there's been no real follow on.
    Is it bad that I'm rooting for Lex to come back and kill most of the cast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

FrostyJack wrote: »
    The finale will have to be the best thing ever written to make up for this !!!!!!

Nothing and I repeat nothing will ever make up for the last 5 seasons of shíte in Smallville...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ixoy wrote: »
    I mean Oliver got infected but there's been no real follow on.

I had completely forgotten about that! Shows how long ago it was and the $hit that has been inbetween!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Nothing and I repeat nothing will ever make up for the last 10 seasons of shíte in Smallville...

FYP :pac:

SPARTACUS! :D - Justin Hartley me thinks watched way too much 300 and Spartacus, with the slow-mo, CGI blood...hell i think i even spotted a helmet worn in 300 early on! ;)

Know what though?....pretty decent!, probably the most bloody and violent episode of SM i've personally seen! :eek:
    Hartley injected a bit extra to the ep. with the type of shots he used, it was pretty decent and rather dark, i thought Calum Blue actually put in a very decent acting performance as well.

Thumbs up from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

The coordinates of the Bow of Orion at the end seems to be in Northern Ireland by the Giant's Causeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭youngblood

Well noticed, would be nice to get a nod to the Irish before the finale, although I think next weeks episode still looks filler-ish!!! Grrrrrr
    Not the worst episode so far, wasnt expecting Zod though! Grrrr number 2!

Not a bad episode, although I'm not sure I'm mad about the Ironman copy last week and 300 copy this week. Still though it was nice and violent. I liked the touch with him wearing a red raggy cape looking thing though :)

Hard to believe this time two weeks the show will be over, forever :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The Orion references are interesting. I wonder how much of the New Gods stuff they'll pull in. I hope at least the true nature of Darkseid is explained at some stage, maybe a vision of Apokolips. Otherwise "the Darkness" will just be naff.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

KerranJast wrote: »
    The Orion references are interesting. I wonder how much of the New Gods stuff they'll pull in. I hope at least the true nature of Darkseid is explained at some stage, maybe a vision of Apokolips. Otherwise "the Darkness" will just be naff.

I have a feeling that we are in for a bit of a disappointment with the Darkseid character, they seem to be holding off on him as an actual character of strength and concentrating on him being a more manipulative character who merely stays in the shadows, and will be relatively easily defeated by Clark providing hope to us all by putting on the cape and stepping into the light giving him the strength to win (or sapping Darkseid of his strength).

If they were to go deeper into the new gods, Apokolips as well as Darkseids backstory - who and what he is, I would have thought they would have had to start this already not with only three hours to go, this is the real problem with all those filler episodes, they could and should be better used developing the overall season arc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the cgi looks a bit naff for Darkseid

smallville-darkseid.jpg

Skerries wrote: »
    the cgi looks a bit naff for Darkseid

smallville-darkseid.jpg

Yup, but giving him a twin is an interesting twist. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I have a feeling that we are in for a bit of a disappointment with the Darkseid character, they seem to be holding off on him as an actual character of strength and concentrating on him being a more manipulative character who merely stays in the shadows, and will be relatively easily defeated by Clark providing hope to us all by putting on the cape and stepping into the light giving him the strength to win (or sapping Darkseid of his strength).

If they were to go deeper into the new gods, Apokolips as well as Darkseids backstory - who and what he is, I would have thought they would have had to start this already not with only three hours to go, this is the real problem with all those filler episodes, they could and should be better used developing the overall season arc.
    What they could do is he could defeat the "Darkness" by showing himself to the world but then he gets a vision of the true power of Darkseid and realises the monumental task ahead of him.

• Advertisement

KerranJast wrote: »
    What they could do is he could defeat the "Darkness" by showing himself to the world but then he gets a vision of the true power of Darkseid and realises the monumental task ahead of him.

Hopefully.

Unfortunately the memory of how they turned Doomsday into, what amounted to a wimp, is still too fresh in my mind for me to think they are going to treat Darkseid with the respect he deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

The last episode was decent, I like the way the 2 Zod's merged, interesting idea. With 3 episodes to go they will only glance over Darkseid because 90% of the time will be to do with Louis and Clark, Oliver and Chloe, etc etc wrap up, all the stupid relationship bs that has hampered Smallville since season 5/6on. I predict (going on the Doomsday "fight") that Clark will defeat him with a crystal or trap him in a Lex's body and transport him somewhere to fight another day i.e. something stupid. We will be lucky if a punch is thrown. Hopefully I am wrong. Where the hell is the Martian Manhunter gone? Without over shading Clark they could have used him a bit more. In 5 seasons he has been in about 8 episodes, half of them as a human.

The Good: Zod was hot.

The Bad: Everything else.

My prediction for the finale -:> biggest letdown in tv history, internet EXPLODES!, no Superman wearing the outfit or taking flight. It'll be a speech Supes gives from the chest up, but no S logo showing.....then a red/blue blur on screen.

I'm tell ya!...i can 100% see them not showing Superman!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My prediction for the finale -:> biggest letdown in tv history, internet EXPLODES!, no Superman wearing the outfit or taking flight. It'll be a speech Supes gives from the chest up, but no S logo showing.....then a red/blue blur on screen.
    I've a horrible feeling you're right. Plus we'll be able to squeeze in a few scenes with Clark lecturing everyone from his Ice Tower.

When they keep releasing promo's like this, it would be a huge letdown not to deliver...

^ but do you notice you ONLY see the S logo in the PROMOS!....same with the music, i'm calling it now, this is bait and switch. I'm VERY suspicious that they are only showing Superman footage in promos, original music that lasts mear seconds, it's like they are only allowed to use the original music in promos for a short amount of time.

I can kind of see that myself but am hoping not.

I do believe though that with the way they have been building up to it, however Clark defeats Darkseid he will have to become Superman, cape and all, to do it.

I really hope they do the decent thing and show him in the suit, and flying, properly. No gimmicks, no tricks, no messing around. Just put him in the f*****g suit and let him fly and be Superman. It's pretty simple and it's what everyone is waiting for, wants and expects. Full stop.

^ but do you notice you ONLY see the S logo in the PROMOS!....same with the music, i'm calling it now, this is bait and switch. I'm VERY suspicious that they are only showing Superman footage in promos, original music that lasts mear seconds, it's like they are only allowed to use the original music in promos for a short amount of time.

I get the thing about the music, there can be all kinds of copyright issues when it comes to acquiring music rights and playing a few seconds is usually allowed, but the S logo has been used extensively throughout the show so I can't see any reason why they shouldnt be allowed to use it as part of the suit.

The way I look at it is that the whole show is about Clarks rite of passage journey to becoming the man of steel, when he becomes Superman the show ends. This is why we haven't seen Clark in the suit up until now. If they don't show Clark as Superman, I reckon it is a decision of the show rather than something forced on them, and it makes no logical sense for them not to show Supes.

• Advertisement

^ my POV as i've stated before is legal/copyright issues + the upcoming movie....my fear is they are not allowed to show the suit/flying/music etc.

We'll know soon enough, but i'm a cynical bas&ard when it comes to stuff like this, i've been duped too many times by spin merchants blowing smoke up my a!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Its pretty certain from interviews that we will see him in the suit and flying. Also the Man of steel film has no effect on this what so ever. Any legal issues with the character only take effect after 2012. The show hasnt been able to use some DC characters ie Batman, Wonder Woman and the Flash (Called Impluse instead) because of copyright issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Seconded

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Its pretty certain from interviews that we will see him in the suit and flying. Also the Man of steel film has no effect on this what so ever. Any legal issues with the character only take effect after 2012. The show hasnt been able to use some DC characters ie Batman, Wonder Woman and the Flash (Called Impluse instead) because of copyright issues.

I agree, I really don't see why the movie should have any impact on the show, any legal wranglings would have had to be ironed out before the show even began and back then even Superman returns was a long way off.

Out of curiosity, what are the legal issues you mentioned that take effect after 2012?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Do you notice how bad those promos are?

They showed a big banner of the Superman logo in "Booster"

They've already shown the suit, clearly, so we might as well just see him in it.

Let's have some faith that they will do the right think. Remember "The Secret" - think about what you DO want. Stop thinking about what you DON'T want :)

I tend to agree that the should be no legal reason why he shouldn't be shown in the suit. We have seen the S throughout the series including emblazoned across Clarks shirt, we have seen him fly albeit once as bizarro and once in the matrix episode, and a type of flying when he kissed Lois at the end of one episode (cant remember which episode) and we have seen the suit.

The legal thing does seem to have people divided and no one seems to know for sure but what everyone seems to agree with is that they can't show "Superboy" for all kinds of copyright reasons, but to my mind this would be totally different to our Clark "becoming" Superman.

I guess only time will tell but there will be uproar if they don't give us this payoff no matter what their reasoning is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I was actually quite impressed with "Booster" and "Dominion". I like the way they explained that Zods phantom had merged with his younger body! And loved the way Clark Trapped Zod, Ursa and Non in the glass prison and sent them into space. It left it open for them to return in Supes Later life.

In relation to the legalities and copyright issues. It has always been the shows policy of no tight and no flights! However in an interview with the produvers at comic con and a recent interview with Tom Welling (unfortunatley i cannot remember the sites these interviews were on) they both said that rules get broken from time to time and that the final episode will deliver what fans want to see!!

So here's hoping that the deliver EXACTLY what we want to see.

And on a side note, only one episode left until the 2 hour finale...... I can honestly say that this deep;y saddens me and as its been such a big part of my life for the last 10 years i dont know what im gonna do without it....... just start over from season 1 I guess lol....................... True Fanboy!!!!! lol

Advertisement