Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Didn't watch anything today but really enjoyed listening to the games on talksport in the garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bayern are a joy to watch. Only seen dozen of their games this season between CL and Domestic but best team in Europe. Great side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Joachim Low must have some team if he can manage without Thomas Muller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah my local FC Koln, always good for some entertainment. ****e at the back and good in attack. Some cracking goals in this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ah my local FC Koln, always good for some entertainment. ****e at the back and good in attack. Some cracking goals in this

Could easily have finished 3-6 plenty of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Leipzig’s football makes them harder to hate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

CSF wrote: »
    Leipzig’s football makes them harder to hate

I know Germanys ownership rules are different but I think the hate is unwarranted. They are owned by an energy drinks company, hardly the worst crime in the world when around Europe clubs are run by shady Russian Oligarchs and Middle Eastern dictatorships

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

deisedude wrote: »
    I know Germanys ownership rules are different but I think the hate is unwarranted. They are owned by an energy drinks company, hardly the worst crime in the world when around Europe clubs are run by shady Russian Oligarchs and Middle Eastern dictatorships

It's not who they are owned by, its how they came to be. They didn't exist 12 years ago and were created and bank rolled to promote the product Red Bull. They wear the same colours and have the exact same crest as Salsburg and New York. They're not seen as a genuine German football club.

Hoffenheim, a club originally from a village of 3000 people, and their owner Deitmar Hopp get the exact treatment.

It's not who they are owned by, its how they came to be. They didn't exist 12 years ago and were created and bank rolled to promote the product Red Bull. They wear the same colours and have the exact same crest as Salsburg and New York. They're not seen as a genuine German football club.

Hoffenheim, a club originally from a village of 3000 people, and their owner Deitmar Hopp get the exact treatment.

I understand that but if Red Bull had done the exact same in England I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I understand the hate for RB but not so much for Hoffenheim. A man investing his money in the club he supports, how else would a team from a town that size make their way to the top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I understand that but if Red Bull had done the exact same in England I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid

So your argument basically is because it would be par for the course in England, German football fans need to suck it up?

You don't understand football culture in Germany at all.

Oat23 wrote: »
    So your argument basically is because it would be par for the course in England, German football fans need to suck it up?

You don't understand football culture in Germany at all.

Fair point

All the other big leagues have sold their soul. Its commendable they haven't in Germany

If Red Bull had bought a club in England and changed their name, their crest, their colours and moved them to the nearest big city with no major club you can guarantee there would be uproar.

Did you not notice the uproar when Wimbledon became MK Dons? Luckily for those fans the new AFC Wimbledon is now back to the same level in league football.

With previous Red Bull acquisition Austria Salzburg, fans created a new club when Red Bull changed their name, crest and colours.

Its not just German fans who don't like this sort of thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Caught out as pictures were taken.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1268925186029637634?s=20
    The Bundesliga has fined Borussia Dortmund pair Jadon Sancho and Manuel Akanji after they had haircuts at their homes.

"The players from Borussia Dortmund had obviously violated general hygiene and infection protection standards at home hairdressing appointments."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What is with the need to put everything on social media especially when you are breaking laws put in place to protect people during the pandemic.

Sancho calling the fine..... Absolute joke DFL..... before deleting the tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good win for Freiburg, Borussia M. were all huff and puff with no return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Mick McGraw

What is with the need to put everything on social media especially when you are breaking laws put in place to protect people during the pandemic.

Sancho calling the fine..... Absolute joke DFL..... before deleting the tweet.

Sancho comes across in general as being a complete twit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/jadon-sancho-helps-build-new-football-pitch-in-south-london-borussia-dortmund-7513

What do you think he has done ‘in general’ that is so bad?

He only turned 20 in late March. What were you like at that age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The pumped in noise is a bit of an addition for these games so far. There seems to be someone in control of them so the noises do fluctuate when the home team have scored or dominating etc. A bit out of sync but still adds to the overall spectacle.

As for the on field action, Leverkusen deserve to be ahead which could have a big affect on the league title race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

First time this afternoon that I’m watching a match with the fake crowd noise on the broadcast. 15 mins in and I’m already hating it. Would be nice to have the option of watching it without the artificial sound played over it.
    1-0 Leverkusen after a VAR check.

Awesome finish to the first half from Bayern. Keeper could have done better for their second was in no mans land for the third but Bayern have really stepped up the speed of the passing, great to watch. Wouldn't be surprised to see a red in the second half, a bit fiesty and a few soft yellows as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Fake crowd noise is awful doesn't add anything to the game. I sincerely hope the Premier League don't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Multi tasking here eating the dinner and watching the Dortmund game and the only reason I looked up at the screen there was because there was a massive reaction from the 'crowd' to see that Can had just scored. The sync is a lot better than the first 10 mins of the earlier games.

Definitely helps IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Refreshing that BT commentators are having issues with their audio and BT have switched over to the world feed Commentators

So much better

cannot stand listening to fecking Hargreaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

See cup semi finals on midweek, Saarbrucken are the first 4th tier team ever to make this stage will be at home to Leverkusen but haven't played in 3 months so will be very much up against it to make it to the final. Bayern at home to Frankfurt in other semi final.

Superb game in Germany tonight

Goals galore

Headshot wrote: »
    Superb game in Germany tonight

Goals galore

And one of the worst referee performances you'll ever see. Unbelievably bad to the point where the league needs to give him a week or two off after this.

He's offside I reckon.....

edit

Holstein Kiel goal stands

They deserve to draw, Hamburg went negative rather than trying to finish Holstein Kiel off

I hate this team.

5 points they've thrown away with last second goals since the restart. Useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I hate this team.

5 points they've thrown away with last second goals since the restart. Useless.

Your avatar picture thing gets more appropriate by the game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Bundesliga/DFB Cup is just depressing to watch. Bayern have to just try and they win it without busting a sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

I have been completely underwhelmed every time I have watched Julian Brandt play for Dortmund. He pulls off one or two nice touches per game, but often seems to miscontrol simple passes before drifting into obscurity.

Big win for Union

Rafa Honigstein has such a mesmerising voice; I could listen to him all day...

Some result for Hamburg

Been posting in here for years about wanting to see Bielefeld promoted and now they might end up taking a promotion spot from HSV :(

9 point lead over 3rd and a +14 goal difference with 3 games left. Job is basically done now and could be confirmed tomorrow if we drop points against Osnabrück or if Stuttgart drop points against Sandhausen on Wednesday.

Been posting in here for years about wanting to see Bielefeld promoted and now they might end up taking a promotion spot from HSV :(

9 point lead over 3rd and a +14 goal difference with 3 games left. Job is basically done now and could be confirmed tomorrow if we drop points against Osnabrück or if Stuttgart drop points against Sandhausen on Wednesday.

They have been knocking on the door, looks like Dresden will be going the opposite way

They have been knocking on the door, looks like Dresden will be going the opposite way

Dresden were f*cked over massively by the virus. 6 games in the last 16 days isn't fair. They never stood a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

No need to worry....sure the city doesnt exist according to some in Germany ;);):D:D

Hamburg throwing away automatic promotion :/

tenor.gif?itemid=6175133

Morely likely to finish 4th now if Stuttgart win tomorrow. We have to play in Heidenheim at the weekend and I expect we'll lose that.

What else did you expect :-) It basically confirms Bielefeld as champions too.

And Nord derby relegation match is looking more likely by the day.

And Bayern get the job done

Paderborn have been relegated in 4 of the last 7 seasons. What a stat.

(The relegation from the 3.Liga to the Regionalliga in 2017 didn't count because of 1860's demotion, but still. Finished in the relegation zone 4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Great news - Bayern have won their 8th straight League title.

Financial fair play is definitely working well in the German League and for the benefit of all teams, with no particular one benefitting more then most.

Can they make it 9, it’s going to be tough!

Who knows, but hopefully they will overcome the massive obstacle of buying their nearest rivals best players. A move which will certainly make next season even more exciting for everyone!

Go Bayern, you plucky underdogs.

Great news - Bayern have won their 8th straight League title.

Financial fair play is definitely working well in the German League and for the benefit of all teams, with no particular one benefitting more then most.

Can they make it 9, it’s going to be tough!

Who knows, but hopefully they will overcome the massive obstacle of buying their nearest rivals best players. A move which will certainly make next season even more exciting for everyone!

Go Bayern, you plucky underdogs.

7M8T7Wh.gif

Stuttgart 4 nil up at half time, so back into second. Hamburg go to Heidenheim on Saturday who are only two points behind them in fourth.....

Night from hell for Bremen.

Mainz beat Dortmund away and Fortuna scored an injury time equaliser away to Leipzig.

The final 2 matchdays (all games at the same time) will be madness. Werder go to Mainz and Fortuna face Augsburg on Saturday.

98a750e604f901cb18979c883f660b63.png

Feel bad for Dresden. They were robbed of any chance of avoiding the drop with the schedule handed to them. Played their 7th game in the last 19 days tonight and lost again.

Chris Löwe let it all out on TV after the game: "Do you think anyone from the DFL, Seifert or whoever, thinks for a second what is going on in our heads? They don't care. In the end we are the ones paying the f*cking price for their mess."

And there were idiots all over social media claiming they were faking positive tests to try to stop the league from restarting :rolleyes:

What happened is a scandal but hardly anyone seems to talk about it. They never would have done that to a bigger club. Can you imagine if Bayern or Dortmund had a corona outbreak and were forced into quarantine for 2 weeks? There isn't a hope in hell the DFL would force them back playing 7 games in 19 days with hardly any time to train before the restart.

https://twitter.com/iamstadler/status/1273685865244614657

• Advertisement
Advertisement