Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You don't really need to speak fluent German to understand him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

German players (Subotic, Hummels, Bender, Stendal amongst others) forming a new players union to ensure that players have more say in the future. Players claiming they have not been consulted on returning during the current crisis.

A number of BVB players, past and present, from the bus attack period are also forcing this as they were forced by the club to play the CL game less than 24 hours after the bomb attack. As Tuchel publically stated at the time....they had to play, were never made an offer of not playing.

The young lad from Dresden needs help....clear that he is mentally effected. Nice to see him letting his frustration out and expressing the fact that he feels the DFL dont care about the well being of the players or their mental health. Football all over the world has turned into a money spinning entertainment event.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Cannot wait for 14:30

FC Heidenheim v Hamburger SV

FC Nürnberg v VfB Stuttgart

Including the relegation fight

Going to be a thriller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hecking has played the whole season with the same system. It has been stale for ages but he stuck with it, until today. Biggest game of the season and now he decides to experiment with a 3-4-1-2 or something.

This should be...interesting. :(

That's Stuttgart promoted I reckon

The fight is on for 3rd spot now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Hoping for a Werder Bremen vs Hamburg playoff. That would be huge.

Acosta wrote: »
    Hoping for a Werder Bremen vs Hamburg playoff. That would be huge.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

OMG OMG

Oat23 wrote: »
    giphy-downsized-large.gif

Bet you'd take it now

It's not even a shock. That's like the 4th or 5th time we've dropped points in injury time. They have no bottle.

Retreated into our shells after scoring as we always do. Got punished. They don't deserve to go up.

• Advertisement

It's not even a shock. That's like the 4th or 5th time we've dropped points in injury time. They have no bottle.

Retreated into our shells after scoring as we always do. Got punished. They don't deserve to go up.

Brutal defending at the end.

Acosta wrote: »
    Brutal defending at the end.

Been that way for ages. There's no leadership on the pitch. We score a goal, retreat and stop playing football instead stepping onto the neck of the opponent and going for the kill.

Since the restart last month, we dropped 7 points due to goals conceded in injury time. Seven points in eight f*cking games. We'd be 2nd now and promoted today if they weren't so useless.

The stars are aligning for a Nordderby playoff nobody in Hamburg or Bremen wants. Hopefully we lose tomorrow or Heidenheim win.

Union Berlin 2 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

First time I've actively followed the bundesliga in years, namely FC Köln. A nice 4 draws and 5 losses from their 9 games since the restart, thoroughly enjoyable viewing. I guess their abject display today makes more sense when you realise it helped relegate Dusseldorf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

First time I've actively followed the bundesliga in years, namely FC Köln. A nice 4 draws and 5 losses from their 9 games since the restart, thoroughly enjoyable viewing. I guess their abject display today makes more sense when you realise it helped relegate Dusseldorf.

Some joke of a club since the return from Covid. Will be lucky to stay up again next season.

Jaysus Oat, Hamburg have the lifeline of Heidenheim loosing but still they decide to go two goals down themselves after 20 minutes. What an implosion from them too

Jaysus Oat, Hamburg have the lifeline of Heidenheim loosing but still they decide to go two goals down themselves after 20 minutes. What an implosion from them too

Not a surprise. Don't want 3rd anyway. Werder would hammer us.

Pathetic performance against a side with nothing to play for, though.

Wow that is painful to watch that Hamburg match :/

Is that Hecking gone?

• Advertisement

Dennis f*cking Diekmeier scored against us. I can't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

5-1 loss against Sandhausen!!!! WTF that’s comical

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

That was a fun last GW

Headshot wrote: »
    Is that Hecking gone?

Hecking signed a 1 year deal which would be extended automatically on promotion, so as things stand he's out of contract on the 30th.

He wants a more experienced squad. That's his red line. So there will be talks starting tomorrow to see if they can continue working together. Jonas Boldt and Michael Mutzel up until now have been all about youth. Signing young players, developing them and selling them for a profit. Been a bit of a failure so far.

Hecking signed a 1 year deal which would be extended automatically on promotion, so as things stand he's out of contract on the 30th.

He wants a more experienced squad. That's his red line. So there will be talks starting tomorrow to see if they can continue working together. Jonas Boldt and Michael Mutzel up until now have been all about youth. Signing young players, developing them and selling them for a profit. Been a bit of a failure so far.

Do you want him to stay on?

Do you want him to stay on?

There's really no better options so I'm not against him staying. We've been linked with Andre Breitenreiter (ex Hannover) and Tim Walter (sacked by Stuttgart at Christmas) and Dimitrios Grammozis (leaving Darmstadt).

Wagner is in the firing line at Schalke. If they sack him, I could see that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

There's really no better options so I'm not against him staying. We've been linked with Andre Breitenreiter (ex Hannover) and Tim Walter (sacked by Stuttgart at Christmas) and Dimitrios Grammozis (leaving Darmstadt).

Wagner is in the firing line at Schalke. If they sack him, I could see that happening.

Rot Weiss Essen sacked their trainer....maybe you want him back ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Van Drongelen gone for 6 months. ACL

But looking at Sandhausen's first 2 goals, you will not miss him.

inforfun wrote: »
    Van Drongelen gone for 6 months. ACL

But looking at Sandhausen's first 2 goals, you will not miss him.

He's been brutal for the past 18 months. Probably would have been best for all involved if he had left this summer, but obviously that's not happening now.

He had shown so much promise as well. Another one whose problems are purely mental (probably) and he will do fine at another club.

At the time the "experts" in The Netherlands declared the top 3 crazy for not picking him up from Sparta. €3 million was way too much though but good for Sparta they managed to get that.
    Those same experts now moved on to some 18 year old from NAC who they want €2 million+ for after 13 matches in the 1st division.

Pretty painful to watch what is happening at HSV. Club once managed by my all time favourite manager, Ernst Happel, deserves better.

inforfun wrote: »
    Pretty painful to watch what is happening at HSV. Club once managed by my all time favourite manager, Ernst Happel, deserves better.

We deserve everything we get.

Turnover in players will likely be massive this summer. 5 loanees are leaving. 4 contracts are expiring and then you have Dudziak (one of our better players) with a non-promotion clause who is likely to leave. Some BL sides are interested in Pollersbeck and Leibold also. A lot of work to be done.

Then there is the sponsorship situation. Naming rights to the stadium expire tomorrow and no agreement with Kühne is in sight to extend it, and if it is extended it won't be for €4m per season again. Other companies aren't lining up to splash out several million to have their name on a stadium right now either. Emirates Airlines also have a clause in their deal to cut ties as we failed to win promotion again. Given the current situation in the airline industry I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull the plug.

Think we might have to brace ourselves for a longer stint in the 2.liga, if not lower than that.

• Advertisement

I was more thinking of the name "HSV".

If things are mismanaged, you do indeed get what you deserve.
    The kaiserslautern "route" should be a warning. Before you know it you are 10th in de 3rd BL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

good news from Leipzig. They have had their "Hygene concept" approved by the local health board for hosting games with fans for the new season, so its likely this will be the model for other clubs over the next weeks in the Bundesliga, and maybe further afield
    • Approx 50% capacity
    • Every spectator wears a mask
    • Every ticket personalised and with mobile number in case they need to be contacted
    • No free seating (I presume no standing either)
    • free seat between strangers, families can sit together though
    • No away fans
    • No deposit on beer glasses (so.... there'll be beer !! )
    • No food sales
    • Specific entrances for specific blocks (so like Clones or Croke park already have) to spread the crowd
    • Request for fans to NOT use public transport
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/geisterspiele-ade-rb-leipzig-bereitet-hygienekonzept-fur-ruckkehr-von-fans-vor/

It sounds like a plan which could work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

How are half a stadium worth of fans going to get there without using public transport?

good news from Leipzig. They have had their "Hygene concept" approved by the local health board for hosting games with fans for the new season, so its likely this will be the model for other clubs over the next weeks in the Bundesliga, and maybe further afield
    • Approx 50% capacity
    • Every ticket personalised and with mobile number in case they need to be contacted
    • No away fans
    • No food sales
    • Specific entrances for specific blocks (so like Clones or Croke park already have) to spread the crowd
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/geisterspiele-ade-rb-leipzig-bereitet-hygienekonzept-fur-ruckkehr-von-fans-vor/

The Dutch FA has made the rule(s), more or less dictated by the government, that there will be no signing or celebrating allowed.
    Stadium ban if you do.

In general the max capacity will be around 1/3 of the normal capacity which is a bit of a pain in the ass when you have sold 41000 season tickets (out of 50.000 capacity) like Ajax or 30.000 out of 47500 like Feyenoord and some other clubs who also have sold more season tickets than there will be peopel allowed.

Sorry... you cant go to Feyenoord - Ajax. Next time is your turn when it is Feyenoord - Emmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

• Approx 50% capacity
    • No away fans
    • No food sales

the germans know how to get sh!t done (is that a stereotype we're allowed to use anymore?).

why not use disposable glasses?

public transport and no away fans goes hand in hand i guess. will need to be across the board though, from an equity perspective i think. it'll get the fans out walking/cycling as well.

might head over for the week of the europa league if that is being trialed then.

this is good news though!

Heidenheim more than matched Werder tonight. Almost stole the win at the end also.

Keeps the 2nd leg on Monday interesting at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://twitter.com/dw_sports/status/1280137608694321152?s=19

adaminho wrote: »

I don't know much about him.

Good or bad appointment?

Those feckers with their frying pans and drums in the Heideneim match are making it unbearable to watch/listen to

How are half a stadium worth of fans going to get there without using public transport?
    same as the GAA in Ireland, go by car !

I suppose it depends on the club though too.
    The likes of Dortmund or Schalke or Cologne would have most of their fans from the city itsself and for them it'd be tricky to figure how to get to the stadium without public transport.

The likes of FC Bayern or Augsburg would have a large regional following so for them a giant chunk of the fans come by car (/ fan buses) , so with no away fans or tourists the pressure of the remaining crowd on public transport should be manageable.

Personally, I'll just cycle to the Allianz arena as I always do. Its the most reliable way of travelling and you get right to the stadium gates with a short walk then to your seat. I'm sure others might follow suit both in Munich and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

I don't know much about him.

Good or bad appointment?

Good appointment for the direction we are going in now. Thioune and his 29 year-old assistant Merlin Polzin are both rated quite highly in coaching circles for the work they've done together at Osnabrück with the U17s, U19s and now the first team for the past 3 years. Getting surprisingly promoted last season with a modest 3.Liga budget and keeping them up this season with by far the smallest 2.Liga one.

Our budget is being reduced from €30m to €23m and we will be focusing more on developing the young players we have as well as signing young, hungry players who can be developed. Hecking didn't really fit that new approach which is why he left. Thioune is more suited to the job now.

He needs time and patience and what Jonas Boldt is saying suggests he will get that. Promotion isn't a goal anymore, but we'll see what happens come September/October if we are in the bottom half and losing games.

Crazy second half in Ingolstadt. Nürnberg led 2-0 on aggregate from Monday's game and conceded 3 goals in 12 minutes.

They saved themselves from another relegation with a 95th minute goal to make it 3-3 on aggregate and stay up on away goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ch20

Crazy second half in Ingolstadt. Nürnberg led 2-0 on aggregate from Monday's game and conceded 3 goals in 12 minutes.

They saved themselves from another relegation with a 95th minute goal to make it 3-3 on aggregate and stay up on away goals.
    Nürnberg were poor in this game. Ingolstadt could argue that the time was up. 5 minutes was played.

ch20 wrote: »
    Nürnberg were poor in this game. Ingolstadt could argue that the time was up. 5 minutes was played.

Weak argument if anyone says that. There was a substitute made by them and one of their players was down injured for almost a minute.

Plus it is a "minimum" of x amount of added time.

I was supposed to post about this a while ago but forgot. There's a very good English fanzine being produced about German football called Halb Vier if anyone is interested in that type of thing. First 2 issues have been great reads.

The physicals are sold out but the digital versions can be bought for £3 each which is a steal.

https://twitter.com/halbvierUK on twitter and https://halbvier.bigcartel.com/ is their site if anyone wants to take a look.

Edit: I should also state that while it's founder/editor is Irish I have nothing to do with it. I'm just a reader, not a shill :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

After being released from the last year of his contract by Dortmund, Andre Schurrle has retired from football aged 29.

https://twitter.com/derspiegel/status/1284098063095799810

At 18 he made his debut in the Bundesliga, at 23 André Schürrle became a World Cup hero. Now, at just 29, he says goodbye to the business that made him rich but lonely. ( € )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wow, fair play I suppose. Alot of guys would have been happy to bounce around to Turkey/USA/China for a payday.

Played well for Chelsea in his first year from what I remember but never kicked on. Never got going at Dortmund either and he was poor for most of last season in a terrible Fulham team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Really surprised there, I remembered he scored against Ireland for Germany. When he signed for Chelsea I thought he’d do really well in the EPL.

Hope he enjoys his time now and does things with family that maybe weren’t possible before.

• Advertisement

It doesnt surprise me that someone would pack it in before the end of their career voluntarily.

I was once staying at a hotel down near Aalen and it happened that the away team for a game that weekend against Alemannia Aachen was staying there. I can only remember thinking at the time what a horrible life it was as a professional player. It was a real eye opener.

Its the opposite of what many of us would know from amateur sport from say the GAA or playing with your local soccer team, where you have a normal job/ studies to fill your day and then squeeze in a bit of training and a game here and there. You have a busy life, and then the sport slots in somewhere around that mad schedule.

As a professional its completely no craic though, just a trudge of trying to fill masses of spare time. All the players are highly paid mercenaries, from varied backgrounds and nations, speaking different languages. For away games you have hours and hours of travel, the odd bit of activity for meals and training but otherwise its just hours and hours of pure boredom. If you combine that sort of life with the scrutiny that comes with the profession from fans and pundits, then its easy to see why you wouldnt be @rsed with it any more.

Sad to see him essentially waste his talent early, but he obviously has made enough cash so doesnt need to take to the field to keep a roof over his head so is lucky he can make that decision.

Advertisement