Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

With about 10 minutes to go in the four 2.30 Bundesliga kickoffs, only one team has scored Bayern: but they're making up for the rest of them with 7😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Caught up with the weekend highlights. Bayern's loss at the weekend leaves it nice and congested at the top. I must say I like the look of Leverkusen. Solid spine to the side, Wirtz is on fire, and Schick has carried his Euros form into the season. I'd like to see them continue this form. Their next game after the international break is at home to Bayern, so that will tell us a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Bayern getting hammered 5-0 by Monchengladbach in the German Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It was announced on Thursday night that Werder coach Markus Anfang was under investigation by the Bremen authorities for allegedly using a fake COVID vaccination certificate. He has just resigned this morning.

Neither himself nor the club are admitting the allegation is true and are saying he's stepping down due to the stress and unrest it is creating for the club, but if he hasn't done anything wrong I don't see why he'd even entertain the idea of stepping down.

Really stupid situation.

Werder play Schalke tonight BTW. 19:30 kickoff. If you have a German VPN you can probably watch it on tv.sport1.de

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Bayern beaten by Augsburg last night. Former West Ham wonderkid Reece Oxford was starting at CB for Augsburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bayern showing some fragility?

Win today for Dortmund leaves them within a point.

Been laughing at this for half an hour. The camera pan was too perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Sami Kheidira retired at End of last season. News to me. He went quietly

• Advertisement

Is the big game today got the new reduced attendance limit of 15000?

If so, it'll be a shame as it's such a big game with it so tight at the top.

As always the states haven't agreed on a country-wide attendance cap. NRW limit is 15k but if the game was at the Allianz the stadium would be empty.

Ffs, back to empty, soulless stadia.

I didn't watch a single football match during covid due to the lack of fans.

Hopefully empty stadia isn't where we are headed again across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Greuther Furth smashed again. They must have one of the worst records for any top flight side in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haaland and Bellingham have implied that the ref fixed the game.

And Bellingham was unhappy with the decision after the match, saying: “It wasn’t a penalty, he (Hummels) wasn’t looking at the ball, he’s fighting to get it. It hits him.

“You can look at a lot of the decisions in the game. You give a referee that has match-fixed before the biggest game in Germany, what do you expect?”

Zwayer was reportedly involved in the 2005 German match-fixing scandal and was banned from officiating for six months, although the suspension was only revealed by newspaper Die Zeit in 2014.

Haaland, who scored Dortmund’s second goal of the match, also had strong words on the officiating:

“I think it was a scandal when it comes to the referee,” he said.

“(It was a) clear penalty (on Marco Reus in the first half). I asked (the referee) ‘why didn’t you just go and look (at the monitor)?’, he said ‘there’s no need’, like an arrogant...no, I have to calm down a little bit now.

“He was arrogant and I will not say more.””

Zwayer is an easy target anytime there is a controversial decision made in a game involving him because of the links to Hoyzer.

He's just a below average referee. I don't think he's corrupt.

Interested to see how much a player gets fined for accusing a referee of match fixing though.

Post edited by Oat23 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Has to be a fine for Bellingham and haaland. Wouldn't be surprised to see a ban. Although looking at the decisions that went against them I can understand their frustration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Re: The Bayern Penalty

The ref is getting the stick but it was the VAR refs that told him to go to the screen. And there is some sort of guidance theory that the onfield refs shouldn't disagree with the off field decisions.

Personally I thought Hummel's was just too clumsy, it hit his hand and it prevented Muller (I think) from getting the ball. I thought it was a pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bellingham's in trouble there, but Haaland - if he's just claimed that the ref was arrogant - should escape. He stops short of questioning the ref's integrity. Ref will point out that he asid there there's no need to check because the VAR guys told him there wasn't a need to, whereas wirh the Bayern penalty they said there was.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Freiburg 5 up away from home after only 25 mins.

5 different scorers!

• Advertisement

Thought Adi Hütter would do better at Gladbach but he might be next for the chop. Can see Lucien Favre making a return somewhere soon.

The DFB referee observer made an official complaint to the Dortmund police about Bellingham’s comment accusing Bellingham of defamation.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dortmund have said they'll back him as what he said was factually true or something. The ref was involved in match fixing which is true. He didn't say he fixed this match. So that's what they'll use as their defence.

There were some outrageous decisions in the game. Like the Cl final they played when Dante should've been sent off twice over

The police complaint won't come to anything. However I would say he will get a fine and a small ban just to make a point to others not to keep implying that the ref is fixing games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Bellingham fined €40000.

When you watch the game, Dortmund's not awarded penalty was more obvious than the Hummels handball. Not only does he bundle the player over but he handles the ball on the ground as well. Impossible to beat the best team in Germany when you are playing against the officials as well. Bellingham should have blamed them all, not just the guy on the pitch, as VAR should have given the penalty.

Saw the highlights of Dortmund's game and they were fortunate not to be 4 down before the comeback began. Nevertheless, pleased Bayern's lead is cut to 6 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Watched it live, Frankfurt had chances but if didn’t really have that kind of feel to the game. Obviously the way the game played out makes it feel like Dortmund stole one, but I think they just about deserved the win.

Positive for them to get 3 goals and 3 points on a day when Haaland really wasn’t on it.

The pokal is much better without Bayern. Anyone could win it this year.

BVB & Köln were also tossed out tonight. Really funny ending in the Köln/HSV game. The ref gifted Köln a disgraceful penalty in the 120th minute to force a shootout and then with their last penalty Kainz slipped, kicked it with his right foot off his left and into the net. Touched it twice basically so it was ruled out. Took away from the moment of winning a shootout as it was just confusion, but anyway.

And now Gladbach have been dumped out by Hannover. 4 Bundesliga clubs & 4 2. Bundesliga clubs left. Only 3 of the clubs remaining have actually won the Pokal before and they are all 2. Liga sides (HSV x3, Karlsruhe x2, Hannover). The most recent of which was Hannover in 1992.

Hopefully Freiburg or Union get Leipzig in the QF and knock them out to make it really interesting.

Teams remaining:

1. RB Leipzig
    2. VfL Bochum
    3. Union Berlin
    4. SC Freiburg
    5. Hamburger SV
    6. FC St. Pauli
    7. Hannover 96
    8. Karlsruher SC

Dortmund in trouble at home to Leverkusen. 4-1 down after 53 minutes.

It ends 5-2 to Leverkusen. Bakker impressive at LB.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

• Advertisement

Two points separate the top 6 in the 2.liga 👀

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Sule to Dortmund on a free transfer confirmed when his Bayern contract expires next summer. 4 year deal

I know he's 27 but that is a good move by Dortmund, considering the other teams that were being linked.

Bochum beating Bayern 4-2 was a mad result, especially with Bochum leading by 4 at half-time. Thought maybe players might have been rested with the CL coming up but it was a strong side. I see Bayern have already notched up 4 losses in the league, matching their overall total for the the previous 4 seasons. Haven't lost 5 times since the 14-15 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Banged in a couple of sweet goals in that one, too.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Schalke and Darmstadt both dropped points today.

Watched the Schalke game and they were really poor, although it didn't help they were playing a very motivated Fortuna team who sacked their coach and hired Daniel Thioune earlier in the week. New manager bounce in full effect.

Schalke always look ropey though. Grammozis always seems to be 2 or 3 losses away from being sacked. The fans hate his football.

Watched the Dortmund/Gladbach game earlier. Reus was involved in 5 of the 6 goals. I liked what Adi Hütter did at Eintracht but his team just look hopeless at the back. I expect he'll get sacked now.

Obviously I hope HSV win it but anyone apart from Leipzig will be acceptable. The other 3 have never won the Pokal before. Leipzig have lost 2 finals in recent years and Union lost 1 to Schalke 20 years ago.

• Advertisement

Bayern held at Hoffenheim who have been in great form of late. David Raum now has 8 assists from LB/LWB. Must be on the move in the summer with his form and having made his international debut earlier this season.

If Dortmund beat Bielefeld and Mainz they will be 4 points off Bayern. Bielefeld reportedly have 6 players out with Covid, plus the coach Kramer.

Unsurprisingly Tayfun Korkut did not work out for Hertha. To save them from relegation they've now appointed....Felix Magath.

I don't like that HSV have been replaced as the meme club.

That's his season over. Real shame. Hope he is back in time for the World Cup at least.

Bochum vs Gladbach was abandoned. Gladbach had been leading 2-0.

Seems likely the win will be given to Gladbach...

Bayern Munich are facing having a 4-1 win turned into a 2-0 defeat, after they played a tiny segment of the game with 11 outfield players. Freiburg have lodged a complaint, which, if successful, would see them go level with RB Leipzig in the battle for the final Champions League's spot in Germany.

Nagelsmann is giving out but the error was with Bayern, and the person on the sideline for them who forgot that Coman is #11 this season, not #29!

A highly unorthodox pokal final awaits if union can hold on vs RB. Freiburg await in the final.

• Advertisement

RB score from the spot almost immediately 🤦‍♂️

Bayern vs Dortmund coming up at 5:30pm. Sky Sports Football showing it. Lewandowski and Haaland starting.

If Bayern win, they clinch their tenth title in a row.

1-0 Bayern. Lovely goal from Gnabry. Great bit of control before the volley.

2-0. Lewandowski with a nice finish.

2-1. Can with a penalty after Kimmich's clumsy foul on Reus. Bit of hope for Dortmund.

3-1. Musiala might have secured the title.

Full-time. Bayern win title number ten. Nagelsmann a title winner at 34.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

It would be nice to see Freiburg take a CL spot. They're giving it a good go.

And the Pokal, hopefully.

I read yesterday that Freiburg refused permission to Leipzig and 3rd party companies looking to use their crest to create joint Freiburg/Leipzig merchandise for the final. They don't want it appearing next to Leipzig's. Spicy.

It's in Freiburg's hands now after Leipzig lost to Gladbach this evening. Two tough games to come: Union Berlin (H) and Leverkusen (A).

• Advertisement
Advertisement