Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Schalke are being murdered. The only crime is that Dortmund haven't scored.

Neuer showing why he's the best in Germany with some great stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Neuer is class!
    I <3 watching Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Borussia Dortmund should have won, a bit unlucky in the end with hitting the post in the dying minutes, but still way ahead of that unimportant blue team ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

A derby like this is always having it's own dynamics (cliche alert) and this was not different. Having said that at no time did I think Schalke were going to get something out of this. Bit of luck and Neuer kept them in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just looking at the Bundesliga table, Dortmund's away record is extraordinary - 30 points from 33 on the road.:eek:

Union just went 2-1 up away to Hertha in the 2 liga. Delighted for them and hopefully they hold on for the last 15. The Olympiastadion looks packed too.

I love when the smaller team wins, unless is Pauli of course. :pac:

I'm nor sure which one I detest more, Hertha or Union. Will someone drop a bomb on the Olympiastadium right now please? :D

Bremen 1-0 down. What a fall it's been this year.

If Köln had beaten Bayern today and Bremen went on to lose they would have been in a relegation playoff spot after today's games :eek:.

I spoke to soon! Köln have come back from 2-0 down and it's 2-2! :D

G'wan boys. It'd be funny to see Bremen in the red spots on the table.

Its funny from a HSV point of view.

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Union just went 2-1 up away to Hertha in the 2 liga. Delighted for them and hopefully they hold on for the last 15. The Olympiastadion looks packed too.

I love when the smaller team wins, unless is Pauli of course. :pac:

What's wrong with St. Pauli? They are not that bad, at least better than HSV with their, let's put it this way, politically disorientated followers called 'Ultras' ;)

Didn't know it was wrong to dislike local rivals. My mistake :confused:

Way to tar all the HSV ultras with the one brush by the way.

Didn't know it was wrong to dislike local rivals. My mistake :confused:

Way to tar all the HSV ultras with the one brush by the way.

Not all HSV supporters, but them Ultras for sure. Did you watch Celtic playing HSV in Europe lately? One half of the away section were H**s, the other half HSV ultras, waving Union Jacks :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Lars1916 wrote: »
    What's wrong with St. Pauli? They are not that bad, at least better than HSV with their, let's put it this way, politically disorientated followers called 'Ultras' ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110120/od_afp/germanyoffbeatsexfblgerstpauli_20110120170516

They are the definition of political correctness gone mad. I think they banned Maxim as well because it was "sexist" :confused:

Pauleta wrote: »
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110120/od_afp/germanyoffbeatsexfblgerstpauli_20110120170516

They are the definition of political correctness gone mad. I think they banned Maxim as well because it was "sexist" :confused:

The fan base is still quite decent though, it is the board of managers who lost the plot some years ago, when they tried to 'modernize' the club and it's image.

Not all HSV supporters, but them Ultras for sure. Did you watch Celtic playing HSV in Europe lately? One half of the away section were H**s, the other half HSV ultras, waving Union Jacks :mad:

Union Jacks against the law nowadays?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Union Jacks against the law nowadays?

It's not against the law, but considering the nature of that particular match? Celtic with it's Irish roots? Putting flags like the Union Jack, or at the second leg in Hamburg a banner reading 'No surrender' is some provocation, which should not be tolerated under the terms of 'Fair Play'

I think HSV have some sort of fan alliance/friendship thing with Rangers going. That would explain that and if that's the case it's probably all there is to it. 'Ultras' isn't necessarily a political statement rather a 'we live football' sort of thing.

HSV - Pauli has been called off due to rain :(

• Advertisement

Boskowski wrote: »
    I think HSV have some sort of fan alliance/friendship thing with Rangers going. That would explain that and if that's the case it's probably all there is to it. 'Ultras' isn't necessarily a political statement rather a 'we live football' sort of thing.

The label 'Ultra' does not automatically mean that you are a follower of right wing ideas, some of them are even on the left side, most of them give a toss about politics.
    But those HSV Ultras are supposed to have a right wing attitude, at least those, I was talking to years ago.

And yes, they have a strong bond to the H*** :mad:

Btw: The derby in Hamburg was called off due to flooding. No new date is set so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Go Cologne. Might have a hope of staying up yet.

Go Cologne. Might have a hope of staying up yet.

It was good to see Cologne beating Munich after being 2:0 down, but they are not in safe waters though. It's still very tight at the end of the table with only 4 points between the 10th and the 16th.

It only looks a bit grim for Monchengladbach.

And yes, they have a strong bond to the H*** :mad:

Why must you use that word? It's so immature tbh.

And no, the HSV Ultras don't have a ''strong bond'' with Rangers fans(SOME members do obviously).
    The whole affinity thing is stupid and is used to get under the skins of each teams rivals, hence the waving of the union jack etc. Real Hamburg fans couldn't give a damn about the Celtic/Rangers rivalry and all the religious bigotry that comes with it.

Why must you use that word? It's so immature tbh.

And no, the HSV Ultras don't have a ''strong bond'' with Rangers fans(SOME members do obviously).
    The whole affinity thing is stupid and is used to get under the skins of each teams rivals, hence the waving of the union jack etc. Real Hamburg fans couldn't give a damn about the Celtic/Rangers rivalry and all the religious bigotry that comes with it.

Of course, it is far away from fair play calling them names like H***, but isn't there a mutual name calling anyway? Without anyone knowing who started it?

And about those HSV supporters...well, I like St. Pauli, maybe that's why I don't trust them that much...and I know that at least the older 'Ultras' have a strong bond with the blue ones from Glasgow. I wrote my dissertation about Hooliganism in 1999, and at that time it was a fact, even if times might have changed now.

McClaren sacked by Wolfsburg today.

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    McClaren sacked by Wolfsburg today.

Before the new season started, some experts reckoned that he would be the first one to get his marching orders. It took a bit longer than expected, but after Dzeko left, it was kind of predictable that he would go

I've never seen anything like what happened there tonight. Absolutely dominated Pauli and they only threatened from 1 or 2 set pieces. 65% possession and 14 shots to their 3.

We beat ourselves with our inability to convert all those chances we had. Should have been 2 or 3 up by the time they got a decent shot on target(which was their goal). Sickening to lose a game like that. Till next year Pauli, don't go getting relegated now so we have to wait another 8 years to give ye a unmerciful spanking :pac:.

Also, nice display by the ultras pregame. If anyone comes by a picture please post so I can put it as my background :)

Seen this on TV earlier and thought it was brilliant :D.
    Bundesliga outfit St Pauli have drafted their press officer into the first-team squad for Saturday's clash with Hanover 96.
    Hauke Brueckner, who has played for the club's Under 23 team, answered an SOS call from Holger Stanislawski as the coach is without a string of regulars.

Brueckner did not have time to panic about his call up as Stanislawski rang the media man and told him to be at training in one hour.

Having played 10 games in the 2002-03 season in the second tier, Brueckner is not a complete novice but he admits the move took him by surprise.
    He said: 'When I walked into the changing room with my bag, the boys were staring at me, not really believing it. They did crack some jokes but I know them well and after that everything was good.'

Coach Stanislawski said: 'Against Hanover we only have four fit defenders so it makes sense to bring in Hauke.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1360338/St-Pauli-short-players-theyre-giving-press-officer-game.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Watching Wolves play Mochenmochengladbach at the moment. Two fairly poor teams but one man stands out from the crap, and it's Diego. Managed to miss a penalty, but still scored two goals in the first half. I know he has been mostly garbage this season, but he really strikes me as a confidence player who would thrive in a decent team. He would easily be a better option than most of Man Utd's midfield, and could be snapped up for a song.

Watching Wolves play Mochenmochengladbach at the moment. Two fairly poor teams but one man stands out from the crap, and it's Diego. Managed to miss a penalty, but still scored two goals in the first half. I know he has been mostly garbage this season, but he really strikes me as a confidence player who would thrive in a decent team. He would easily be a better option than most of Man Utd's midfield, and could be snapped up for a song.

That looks quite bad for Moenchengladbach in the moment. It is a bit of a pity to see a club with tradition being relegated, whereas clubs with no tradition ('Plastic Clubs', as they are called in Germany) survive.

Anyway...the big one is tomorrow at 5:30. Borussia Dortmund away to Bayern Munich. The last win over there dates back to 1991...so it's about time to beat them Bavarians on their home turf. Heja BVB ftw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

He would easily be a better option than most of Man Utd's midfield, and could be snapped up for a song.

There is no chance that he could be picked up on the cheap. Wolfsburg paid around 15mil plus add ons for him only a few months ago. No matter how poorly they currently play, they don't need the money (Volkswagen's baby), and won't let anyone go on the cheap (see Dzeko).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

DubDani wrote: »
    There is no chance that he could be picked up on the cheap. Wolfsburg paid around 15mil plus add ons for him only a few months ago. No matter how poorly they currently play, they don't need the money (Volkswagen's baby), and won't let anyone go on the cheap (see Dzeko).

And he's already said that he wont want to leave if they are relegated. That €6m a season would soften the blow of playing in the 2nd division I guess.

I'd love to see them get relegated and have a proper club like Gladbach stay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Bayern - Dortmund today should be a cracker, really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

From twitter

Schweinsteiger caught in possession, Dortmund break, Barrios 1-0...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what a match so far 1-1

2-1 Dortmund

And only 18mins gone

incredible stuff so far

Sahin makes it 2-1.

I'm wet, what a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dortmund really play good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

flahavaj wrote: »
    Dortmund really play good stuff.

Great game so far. Dortmund has a very good young team. If they can keep them together, then they really could be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.

The big english and spanish teams must be licking their fingers at the prospect of getting their hands on some of these young talents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Any good streams?

no right foot on the lad at all

Johner wrote: »
    Any good streams?
    http://www.soccertvlive.net/watch/52233/3/watch-bayern-munchen-vs-borussia-dortmund.html

Not great but the best I could find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Johner wrote: »
    Any good streams?

http://www.vipcanals.net/ch2.html

Bloody hell Ribery is awful for the offsides

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lahm is having a poor game. GroBkreutz is playing very well...

Is that a new thing for the people down in the left corner to be wearing plastic coats in the shape of T..

3-1...

dfx- wrote: »
    Is that a new thing for the people down in the left corner to be wearing plastic coats in the shape of T..

Nah, just a coincidence, some sheiks are over from Qatar looking to invest :P

But seriously, whoever came up with it is mad. Deutsche Telekom advertising.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Yeah, T--Mobile needs to speak to Bavaria:)

That's finished now...Bayern 1, Borussia 3...that is just amazing :D

They can send the trophy to Dortmund :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Title is in the bag, delighted. Fully deserve it.

Advertisement