Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cue celebrations..and a sight of one of the great spectacles in European football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Title is in the bag, delighted. Fully deserve it.

We had the youngest squad ever, 22.3 years in average, Shinji Kagawa and Roman Weidenfeller out injured and still that beauty of a win. Lifting the title in May is just what Borussia Dortmund and it's supporters deserve :D

Heja BVB :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Congrats Lars and any other BVB fans here, well deserved.

Maybe if you win your next 4 games you could throw us a bone in our next meeting so we can move a step closer to the Europa league? :p

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Congrats Lars and any other BVB fans here, well deserved.

Maybe if you win your next 4 games you could throw us a bone in our next meeting so we can move a step closer to the Europa league? :p

But two questions, if you don't mind...why only 'maybe'? Borussia Dortmund will win the next 4 or more matches for sure ;)

And who is meant by 'us'?

Looking at your next 4 games you could do us(HSV) a lot of good beating 3 of those in Mainz, Hanover and Hoffenheim, who aren't too far back!

In today's games Stuttgart beat Frankfurt 2-0. Frankfurt still haven't scored a goal since the winter break :eek:. Where did Theo Gekas go?!
    Bremen are 1-0 down to Leverkusen in the 51st min and will be in the relegation playoff zone if they don't get at least a point from this.

Zweite liga, Bremen is dabei!

• Advertisement

...and Bayer bottle it from 2-0 up. Bremen score 2 in the last 5 minutes and it looks like it'll finish 2-2.

...and Bayer bottle it from 2-0 up. Bremen score 2 in the last 5 minutes and it looks like it'll finish 2-2.

But there, Bremen did us a little favour, I guess ;)

I don't mind, if HSV wins the remainder of the season, as long as they don't beat us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon Van Gaal is a dead man walking

Headshot wrote: »
    I reckon Van Gaal is a dead man walking

3:1 down away to Hannover? It looks like, he will get his marching orders rather sooner than later ;)

Am still delighted because Borussia Dortmund got another 3 points towards the title...even if it wasn't a cracker of a match last night :cool:

Bayern boys have given up. We have them next Saturday so lets hope Van Gaal is still in charge and they don't get that new manager syndrome.

Hopefully Bayer can pick up a win later and send Wolves closer to the dropzone.

• Advertisement

28mlc1c.png

:pac::pac::pac:

And what about Nürnberg!? They're on some run at the minute and have shot up the table!

Bayern boys have given up. We have them next Saturday so lets hope Van Gaal is still in charge and they don't get that new manager syndrome.

Hopefully Bayer can pick up a win later and send Wolves closer to the dropzone.

I think, it would be a miracle, if Van Gaal is still in charge next week. The players are against him, the supporters are, the management board is. And if they don't sack him a.s.a.p., they will loose the last bit of reputation ;)

It seems Van Gaal will be going at the end of the season according the German paper bild

It seems Van Gaal will be going at the end of the season according the German paper bild

confirmed here
    http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/en/news/news/2011/28568.php

I wonder who will replace him

Ancelotti if he's sacked maybe. Heynckes from Bayer would have to be a serious contender.

Magath might be the next one to get his marching orders. That's another one without back up from supporters, management board and players. But if he gets the sack, his compensation might add even more financial misery to that unimportant club from Gelsenkirchen :p

Veh is all but finished at Hamburg too, even if he does get us to Europe.
    His 2 men, Bernd Hoffman and Bastian Reinhardt are gone and Arnesen will know how unbelievably ****e Veh is as a manager. Lost us another game yesterday with his stupid subs at HT.
    I'd like Magath to join up with Arnesen, however unlikely that might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Magath might be the next one to get his marching orders. That's another one without back up from supporters, management board and players. But if he gets the sack, his compensation might add even more financial misery to that unimportant club from Gelsenkirchen :p

Not sure - he's in the Cup Final and should be able to knock out Valencia tomorrow

Not sure - he's in the Cup Final and should be able to knock out Valencia tomorrow

I got that information from the BILD newspaper. Well, they are pretty nasty sometimes, but their sports section is a good source fro the latest gossip.

Anyway, the cup final doesn't matter that much in Germany since the winner 'only' qualifies for the Europa league.

Just announced that HSV/Armin Veh haven't taken up the option of the second year on his deal and he'll be leaving at the end of this season.

Armin Veh's days at in the Hamburg dugout are numbered as the club have confirmed on their official website that the coach will leave at the end of the season.

The loss of the senior players' trust and a succession of poor results have left the Bundesliga giants with no alternative but to pursue a separation, and last week's defeat to Mainz was the final straw for the club's unhappy board of directors.

"From the summer, I will be no longer available to the club," Veh said in a brief statement.

Another new manager, hopefully we don't take the cheap option again and get someone decent.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Schalke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Ye great stuff altogether. The bundesliga should be back to 4 champ league spots now next year having overtaken Italy and closing in on Spain. I expect this to get better with the finance fair play rules kick in. Whahey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Boskowski wrote: »
    Ye great stuff altogether. The bundesliga should be back to 4 champ league spots now next year having overtaken Italy and closing in on Spain. I expect this to get better with the finance fair play rules kick in. Whahey!

The 4th CL spot has been fix since Leverkusen progressed into the last 16 of the EL a few weeks back. Since then Italy have no chance anymore to overtake Germany, even if three of their teams would have made it into the CL semis, and one of them would have won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Fafan has looked great recently in the league as well he's looked great.

Bayern v Hamburg is pretty good so far

And I'm almost falling asleep listening to Hoppenheim vs Borussia Dortmund :D

HAHAHAHA

Did you see Gomez there? :D:D:D

Probably the worst 35 mins of football I've watched this year. Maybe I just see it like that because I've got a splitting headache. But the game is just flat to me. The Bayern fans are ****er than usual too, only noise coming from the away support.

What a pass by Ribery

HAHAHAHA

Did you see Gomez there? :D:D:D

Probably the worst 35 mins of football I've watched this year. Maybe I just see it like that because I've got a splitting headache. But the game is just flat to me. The Bayern fans are ****er than usual too, only noise coming from the away support.

oats is a great game

Btw Nice goal by Robben ;)

• Advertisement

oats is a great game

Btw Nice goal by Robben ;)

I see...and now that club from Northern Austria thinks, they can catch Borussia Dortmund :pac:

Robben hatrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Hat-trick for Robben. This will be a big win after last nights result.

Are boys have given up. Think Veh should just resign after this game and not see the season out. Let his assistant Michael Oenning take over the team for the last 9 games.

Looking forward to a fresh start next season with a new manager, chairman, sport director and hungry players.

What a goal

the speed of that counter attack was unreal

Are boys have given up. Think Veh should just resign after this game and not see the season out. Let his assistant Michael Oenning take over the team for the last 9 games.

Looking forward to a fresh start next season with a new manager, chairman, sport director and hungry players.

That's some kind of hammering alright. But who should take over from Veh? Magath? Van Gaal? The are both still walking on thin ice ;)

4:0 up to Munich, sweet Jaysus...and Borussia 1:0 down. Bollix that :mad:

• Advertisement

That's some kind of hammering alright. But who should take over from Veh? Magath? Van Gaal? The are both still walking on thin ice ;)

Van Gaal taking a year off after this year and I doubt he'd join us anyways.

Magath
    Martin Jol
    Ralf Rangnick

All options I'd say. I'd like Magath.

I'd LOVE Thomas Tuchel but it would never happen.

5-0 now. Müller with the 5th.

Van Gaal taking a year off after this year and I doubt he'd join us anyways.

Magath
    Martin Jol
    Ralf Rangnick

All options I'd say. I'd like Magath.

I'd LOVE Thomas Tuchel but it would never happen.

5-0 now. Müller with the 5th.

Magath? Maybe, as he spent much of his career as a player wit the club ;)

Borussia still acting like idiots, still tracing that 0:1 away to that plastic club :mad:

6-0

what skill by Ribery, how the hell he got through those tackles is beyond me

6-0 - Westermann own goal.

Hard to watch. Not bringing Ruud on at 2-0 or 3-0 was just ignorance from Veh. He brought off ST Guerrero and put on DM Robert Tesche.

BERLIN — Hamburg announced the sacking of coach Armin Veh on Sunday, a day after his side suffered a humiliating 6-0 defeat at Bayern Munich.
    Assistant coach Michael Oenning, 45, is set to take over the helm of eighth-placed Hamburg till the end of the season and will be assisted by former player Rodolfo Cardoso.
    "After announcing he will leave at the end of the season and in light of the results from our last two games, we have decided to cut our ties and part company with Armin Veh," said Hamburg's director of sport Bastian Reinhardt.
    Boy have we got problems. Frank Rost went mental on TV last night, letting it all out and telling it like it is. The club is f**ked and it'll take a lot more than a new sports director to fix it.

• Advertisement

6-0 - Westermann own goal.

Hard to watch. Not bringing Ruud on at 2-0 or 3-0 was just ignorance from Veh. He brought off ST Guerrero and put on DM Robert Tesche.

Seems like, he paid the price for his ignorance. 17 hours after the match he got his marching orders. New manager is Michael Oenning, assisted by Rudolfo Cardoso.

And according to the German 'Kicker' magazine, there will be an emergency board meeting in Gelsenkirchen, looks like, Magath will be sacked very soon.

Great timing :P

Great timing :P

The sacking of Armin Veh? :D

Anyway, a club with such a tradition deserves to stay up, but it surely needs a lot of effort to do so, I guess.

Why has Schalke sacked Magath ?

Crazy stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Crazy stuff considering their Champions League progress. They have to got to Leverkusen this weekend as well. Ive been following Magath on his facebook page. Ive really warmed to him :(

Why has Schalke sacked Magath ?

Crazy stuff

Because they are crazy? ;)

The management board, the players and the supporters were against him in the end, no matter, if they are some kind of successful in Europe. There we can see, how thankful people are.

Now it looks like, Otto Rehagel will take over until the summer.

How much money has he spent and how many players has he bought over the last 18 months?. Over €50m spent and 40 players bought.

That's why he was sacked. I agree it's strange timing to sack him when they are in the QF of the CL but he had it coming. If he ends up in Hamburg he wont have as much power as he had at Wolves and Schalke.

How much money has he spent and how many players has he bought over the last 18 months?. Over €50m spent and 40 players bought.

That's why he was sacked. I agree it's strange timing to sack him when they are in the QF of the CL but he had it coming. If he ends up in Hamburg he wont have as much power as he had at Wolves and Schalke.

Did I mention already, that you can't buy success? ;)

But what makes you so sure, that he will have less power in Hamburg? He still might have the bonus of being a former player.

But what makes you so sure, that he will have less power in Hamburg? He still might have the bonus of being a former player.

Because in Wolfsburg he ran the show and got whatever he wanted to because they have buckets of money.
    In Gelsenkirchen he was manager and a board member, you can imagine how much power he must have had when he was brought right into the board room like that.

Maybe if he was brought in and Bastian Reinhardt was going to be sport director. But not with Arnesen coming in, he has been in the business for a long time and he'd keep Magath under control in the transfer market.

Oh, and we don't have money for it. That would be a stumbling block :D.

Because in Wolfsburg he ran the show and got whatever he wanted to because they have buckets of money.
    In Gelsenkirchen he was manager and a board member, you can imagine how much power he must have had when he was brought right into the board room like that.

Maybe if he was brought in and Bastian Reinhardt was going to be sport director. But not with Arnesen coming in, he has been in the business for a long time and he'd keep Magath under control in the transfer market.

Oh, and we don't have money for it. That would be a stumbling block :D.

Well...Gelsenkirchen was in the debts before Magath came, now they are deep in the debts. Hopefully, that won't happen in Hamburg, should he come ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement