Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The joy of CRUNCH!

Options
  • 01-07-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

The kind butcher who gives us scraps for the dogs, was so upset on Monday that he had none, that he gave us a huge sack of fresh chicken leg quarters...

We have all feasted this week...

Tonight I have collie a large leg/quarter.. watching her crunch it with utter joy is something to be revelled in..

Intense pleasure as she chomped through it until not a scrap remained.

Then the lip-licking! Eyes bright.

One of those moments not to be forgotten, but savoured.

One happy collie... And her teeth are improving from it all.

Kind man; sometimes he has given eg a large bag of sausages or kidneys etc, but this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

I was always told not to give chicken bones to dogs as they splinter and can cause a lot of trouble to them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

My dog loves bones & has done since he was a puppy. He has never choked on one or even coughed up.
    It is great for his teeth & it keeps him so happy.
    Lots of meat breath kisses from him to say thanks!

It is important to keep on eye on a dogs gums though in case a splinter goes into them as the previous poster said. But to be honest I have to do that anyway because he usually manages to find a branch from a tree to chew too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

joyce2009 wrote: »
    I was always told not to give chicken bones to dogs as they splinter and can cause a lot of trouble to them...
    Only if theyre cooked. Raw is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

joyce2009 wrote: »

Always saying this to folk .. raw is fine, cooked is dangerous.

And totally natural; all our dogs and cats enjoy raw chicken and never a problem.

As they eat prey..... Crunching the bones with glee.

To see collie revelling is a wonder

Incidentally and interestingly. dogs who are fed raw defecate less often. It is processed totally differently .

Advertisement