If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price request - turntable, CD, iPod dock...

Options
  • 01-07-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Dear Richer Sounds,

I've been using the same all-in-one stereo - CD, tape deck, turntable, FM radio - for the last sixteen years (lately using a cable between in and my laptop for itunes). It's finally kicked the bucket so I'm looking for a quote on something new. I don't know if all-in-ones still exist, so may have to go down the road of separates.

What I'd want would be -
    turntable
    CD player
    FM/DAB radio
    tape deck (maybe)
    iPod dock

For right now I'm happy to hang on to the old speakers I have.

I don't have a huge budget, but I'd like to go for as good quality as I can afford.

I'd be very appreciative of a quote or any thoughts on this.

Many thanks

Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi The_Claw.

Thanks for the post!

You could have at look at the following little item:

Teac LP-R500 priced at £299.95 (Excellent System).
    http://www.teac.co.uk/copystation.php

The above unit would cover all your bases! :D

Let me know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Hi Kenny, thanks for getting back to me. Not sure the TEAC is quite what I'm looking for, but I've been looking through the site and have seen some other stuff I like:

The DM 38 is a really nice microsystem and, if I can hook it up to my laptop, would serve most of my needs.
    However, I'd like to get a turntable as well - actually playing records would be the priority with this, as opposed to digitising my vinyl.
    The Pro-Ject turntables seem to be the best budget line out there. Do you stock these? If so, would I be able to hook up a Pro-Ject turntable to a micro-system such as the DM38? Or would it need a pre-amp as well?

Thanks again Kenny - all the best, Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.