Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food stop between Cork and Killarney

Options
  • 01-07-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,I will be travelling between Cork City and Killarney tomorrow evening (Fri),I would like to stop for food. Prefer restaurants or decent bar food, any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The auld triangle in macroom. Its along the main road outside the town on the right. They do both bar and restraunt grub. Their is also the pub in lissarda which is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

try to get out of macroom as soon as possible Friday afternoon/evening it can be hectic. For that reason its the triangle, though it is hit and missed, i'd bring a few sandwiches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Granvilles on Castle Street in Macroom is excellent. I suggest you park in the Castle Grounds which is only a couple of minutes away. Just drive through the Castle Arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

Thanks for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

Often stop at The Mills Inn in Ballyvourney. Couldnt complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

In my opinion, the top four options would be:

1. Granvilles, Macroom (best food option)
    2. The Mills, Ballyvourney
    3. Castle Hotel, Macroom
    4. The Crows Nest, Lissarda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

jod1983 wrote: »
    Often stop at The Mills Inn in Ballyvourney. Couldnt complain.

+1.. nice pints too:D

edit: youve probably chosen by now

Advertisement