Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryanair interview

Options
  • 01-07-2010 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hello, Just wondering if anyone would have any information on the ryanair technical interview for an aircraft maintenance engineering apprenticeship. any help would be greatly appreciated as I have it the 14 july!! freq asked questions ect?? and some info on the practical test would be handy..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Heya,

In relation to the Interview for the Aircraft Maintenance Apprenticeship - Obviously you wont be asked in depth questions about aircraft but you would want to have an appreciation of aircraft and the Basics about flight - Even a google search should be good enough and have a read up. They may also ask questions such as do you know how a Jet Engine works and the basics behind it. You would also be advised to have a look at www.iaa.ie and have a look at the section on Aircraft Maintenance Licences (PART 66)...If you can show the people at the interview you have researched this etc you will be showing your enthusiasm and willingness to learn in my opinion.
    I would guess you will have someone who will have a Technical Background and a person from H.R. on your interview. The HR person will probably ask questions like Why you applied, How would you be an addition to the company, Your Goals during the 4 years of the apprenticeship, What Motivates you and how you motivate others, How you work as part of a Team etc etc.

I would also strongly advise you to look up about Ryanair itself from its website...read back thru their history. Look about how they evolved and are now one of the biggest in Europe. Know how many Aircraft they ordered and how many are going to be delivered. It goes without saying...know they have a Boeing 737-800 Fleet!!

Hope this helps somewhat and best of luck in your interview. Try to Relax during the interview and think about the answers you are giving. Hope all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Grease Monkey

The practical side was to build a guillotine,lots of different size nuts and bolts and parts,instructions with it,follow the instructions and it will work out alright,they might ask a few questions like how does a barometer work,jet engine etc etc,also they may test your troubleshooting skills a little,one which i was asked was if the kettle would not boil what would you do?make sure theres power,check the fuse,the heating element etc etc,nothing to hairy,it will be quite a technical interview so do a bit of gening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

Hi Caw,

When did Ryanair get back to you in responce to your application?
    I applied for this position too but no word yet from anyone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Read up on basic electricity too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Caw

Cheers folks, thats alot of info to take on board!! v.helpfull tho, take it some of ye are possibly working there..?? If so what is it like, salaries ect.. I done mechanical engineering in college, but had left after 2 n half years and I am wondering f that would cum against me?? and how many people do they take on for the course?? Info on this would be sweet..
    Also just getting back to 'just pete', I rang them yesterday and got the news, ur best bet is to do that!!aldo my fone had been off for few days prior..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

Thanks Caw, any chance you could pm me that number.I had emailde them but of corse the person who looks after it is out of the office untill the 15th :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

The practical side was to build a guillotine,lots of different size nuts and bolts and parts,instructions with it,follow the instructions and it will work out alright,
    A guillotine?:eek: Good grief discipline is tough in Ryanair.

Yes I do know what a guillotine is! Cutting cigars I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Grease Monkey

Advertisement