Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asparagus, chicken fillets, peppers = ?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭

I have a bunch of asparagus , four cooked chicken fillets, a 1kg bag of baby potatoes and three peppers (think Aldi super six) and am debating what to make. I really struggle with asparagus for ideas.

Currently all that is springing to mind is a soup but that seems a bit dull.
    I have onions , garlic, ginger, tomatoes and loads of herbs etc
    Anyone have any ideas?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd be inclined to just steam the potatoes and asparagus (the asparagus only takes a few minutes) with lemon juice in the water, then drop a knob of butter on them when they're done, and have the chicken breast as is. Make a salsa for the side from the onions and tomatoes etc. I'd leave the peppers where they are, because I hate peppers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I would either:

1. Marinate the chicken in loads of lemon, garlic and olive oil and then roast the chicken with the peppers, potatoes, asparagus, onion.....

Else roast the peppers whizz in blender (with sundried tomato and cream cheese if you have it).

Stuff the chicken breast. Roast the chicken. Serve with steamed asparagus and potatoes.

Advertisement