Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Stones

Options
  • 01-07-2010 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

I dug up my garden recently and i now have a big pile of stones! what can i do with them? is it legal to dump stones..up the mountains maybe or is there a particular place i can bring them i.e roadstone quarry or somwhere like that.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

put them on freecycle or jumbletown i am sure someone would want them for a rockery or something.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Nozebleed wrote: »
    I dug up my garden recently and i now have a big pile of stones! what can i do with them? is it legal to dump stones..up the mountains maybe or is there a particular place i can bring them i.e roadstone quarry or somwhere like that.
    thanks

mini skip or skip bag,or call a recycling man with a van (golden pages or any local newspaper/free adds paper) and have them taken away.

Its illegal to dump, like what you are suggesting.

Big fine if you are caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Or you could use them for drainage - if your lawn is mossy, dig up the mossy part to about two feet deep, and put the stones in, then fill the earth back and re-sow.

Or the basis for a path too. These stones are valuable drainage tools!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

How many stones of what kind of size? I'm looking to build a dry stone-esqe wall in my garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Or you could use them for drainage - if your lawn is mossy, dig up the mossy part to about two feet deep, and put the stones in, then fill the earth back and re-sow.

Or the basis for a path too. These stones are valuable drainage tools!
    i do agree with this person, these stones will come in very handy if you find out you have a wet laiden area, if you are putting a clothese line in, you could have a pathway of them, dig the line of walk for 18 inches down, fill in with stones, put earth on top, this place will remain nice and solid during winter no sinking,

• Advertisement
Advertisement