Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Audi S6 used in Gangland Hit

• 01-07-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Two men were shot dead and a 14 year old was injured in west Dublin last Monday night.

The attackers were driving an Audi S6 with a bogus taxi sign on the roof,

According to todays story in the independent,
    "The silver Audi, which had fake registration plates 00 KE 13498, was stolen in Co Carlow on the night of June 8-9. Its correct registration was 02 D 2633."

The car was subsequently found burnt out.

According to Cartell.ie,
    the fake plates correspond to an Audi A6 1.8T,
    the actual car was an Audi S6 QUATTRO 4.2 V8 340BHP

The car was stolen on 8-9th of June, the attack was carried out on the 28th.
    It sounds like they parked the car somewhere secluded in the interim, probably to avoid tracker systems.

I would love to suggest that if you have seen an S6 with a taxi sign that you contact the cops with a sighting, but with our taxi laws the owner could just as easily be a doing a Michael O'Leary.

I wish the Media/Gardai would give better details in cases like this where they appeal for information. Nobody here would have noticed an A6 Taxi unless it was acting suspiciously, but we would all have spotted an S6.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I was about to report a silver A6 dumped along the road outside our estate for the last 2 days until I read this bit:
    The car was subsequently found burnt out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

We need to deal with fake plates, I hear the swedish registration system is resistant to plate cloning but I'm not sure how. I'm not convinced of the benefits of the new ANPR systems without preventing criminals from simply cloning plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

In Sweden and some other countries it runs like this:
    If you want a plate you have to produce a log book and ID, here you just walk into a motor factors and shout out any old number and hand over €20.

Swedish plates have a sticker in the middle that corresponds to when the NCT runs out (or when the tax is up). They are only available from the relevant authorities.

Yes they can be forged but they can be caught out quick enough.

Either way I would think the S6 was on the streets for a very short time around the killing and very few people would recognise the difference between an s6 and an A6 let alone care. There is seemingly an M5 as a taxi in Dublin and plenty of S-Class etc so an S6 would not attract attention.

I find it strange that the owner had no tracker on it, would be my first priority if I owned one of these.

Heres a Swedish plate, colour means a certain year, 5 would be the month of May.
    s_tfo242.jpg

Advertisement