Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four Loko - Importing

Options
  • 01-07-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

In the US they have a malt liquor drink, combined with taurine, caffeine etc, which comes in a 750ml can, and has a 12% alcohol content. It's absolute rocket fuel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_(drink)

I understand how bad it is for you but wouldn't mind trying it a few more times before it disappears from the market (apparently it's being removed). Had it recently in America but am now back in Ireland.

Question is how do I go about getting some. Is it legal here? I originally thought caffeinated alcohol drinks were illegal here as I've never seen them but then thought of Buckfast and it's huge caffeine content. Do people think an off licence would order these for me? If not what are my other options, considering the weight cost of ordering a crate from the States?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 asterixthegaul

Were you in Berkeley drinking it?

Came across your post while googling distribution in Ireland. Great minds think alike and all that.

I've emailed the manufacturers in the US and Europe about distribution. No reply yet. They're going through some legal woes in the US. I'm going to call when I get over: HORRIBLE HORRIBLE JETLAG!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I can not see how I would not make a ridiculous amount of money from importing four loko. Friend brought home a couple of cans, the value of which can be estimated from this recent facebook comment:

"oh and can i buy a 4loko from you...ill give you ONE MILLLLLLLLLION EURO. no lol jk"

Four Loko UK is an an absinth energy drink. I've no interest in that. (in fact I've a huge interest in that, but my heart already belongs to the US malt four loko).

In an aside, I've emailed them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Four Loko UK is an an absinth energy drink. I've no interest in that. (in fact I've a huge interest in that, but my heart already belongs to the US malt four loko).

In an aside, I've emailed them as well.

According to your link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_%28drink%29 , Four Loko is an absinth energy drink in the US too. In any case, the link I offered is that of their UK distributors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__Robinhood__

You would have an unbelievable following if you managed to import that stuff, has to be some way of doing it, im all for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

crazy stuff! i recently read that they have taken the caffeine out of it and they will have to change from a can to a resealable container, still though i had some last night! rocket fuel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Goofball

hey some friends of mine told me about this stuff last night and after developing a sort of tolerance to buckfast i need to try this stuff, is there anyway to get it over from america at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Goofball wrote: »
    hey some friends of mine told me about this stuff last night and after developing a sort of tolerance to buckfast i need to try this stuff, is there anyway to get it over from america at all?

Probably if you have any friends there, but it's not the same stuff, the FDA made four change the recipe.

Probably if you have any friends there, but it's not the same stuff, the FDA made four change the recipe.

hmm do you know if its still has anyway as much of an effect as it had?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Goofball wrote: »
    hmm do you know if its still has anyway as much of an effect as it had?

I only have anecdotal evidence that says no, from people I consider reliable drinkers though, so I doubt it actually does. I mean, they took out the caffeine, taurine and guarana, substituting in things for taste.

So, it's now an energy drink, without the energy.

I only have anecdotal evidence that says no, from people I consider reliable drinkers though, so I doubt it actually does. I mean, they took out the caffeine, taurine and guarana, substituting in things for taste.

So, it's now an energy drink, without the energy.

I thought it was alcoholic as well ya? pity really would have liked to try some

tis still alcoholic comes in 8 and 12 percent, it still isnt bad at all have a can or two the odd night

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ah Four Loko, the making and breaking of many a J1! Everyone has been pining after it since we've been home.

i dont have to be home until next october haha plenty loko to be had

i dont have to be home until next october haha plenty loko to be had

haha nice man think im doin a j1 so could be my drink of choice

nice, sure drink is fairly cheap here anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pabzzz

For those interested. One of my mates ordered 12 cans of four locko off this website for around 60 quid. Pretty expensive, but they arrived fine yesterday!..Can't wait to try this stuff. :D

http://www.americanfood4u.com/Suche/four_loko.htm?VL=four%20loko

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭davenachill

60 euro seems high, I wonder if there is any alternative? Wouldn't mind some for my 21st housparty haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Anyone have any luck with getting this stuff here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,654 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anyone have any luck with getting this stuff here?

Since the thread started they've stopped putting caffeine in it at all and its just a rather bland but high ABV alcopop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

L1011 wrote: »
    Since the thread started they've stopped putting caffeine in.

I think because a move by the FDA regarding caffeine in alcohol products

Advertisement