Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV now offering "Next Generation Broadband". Is it a gimmick?

• 01-07-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

I noticed today that UTV are now selling the "Next Generation Broadband". UTV being an Eircom reseller.

They claim it is un-congested, and that we won't have to share with other users in our own area.

Is this a gimmick or does it work? How are they suddenly able to offer a product with a 1:1 contention ratio? Or am I getting this all wrong?

Does anyone have this product from Eircom?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
    Max

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nope its not a gimmick, its merely Eircom's NGB resold
    Vodafone done it the same as any other provider.

Everyone can resell eircoms products

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Thanks Cabaal for reply.

I'm aware that the NGB is an Eircom product which is sold by UTV. What I was actually wondering about was the Contention ratio and if there is really a 1:1 ratio or is it a gimmick.

Thanks

Advertisement