Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karpackie...yuk.

• 01-07-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

I made the mistake of buying a few of these last weekend while i was camping in west cork.
    I didn't have access to a fridge obviously so as i'd bought the 4 pack of karpackie earlier on in the day they were unchilled when i cracked open the first of them around 9 at night. No big deal, happens all the time when im enjoying the outdoors life.
    All i can say is....jesus H cripes thats a bad beer!!! Bad bad bad......bad.

Yeah i know its an ultra budget beer but holy god its been a long time since ive tasted such p!ss & even longer since i nearly got sick as i tried my best to finish the first & only can of the poison.

Never again. Heres the funny thing, i had tasted it a few months ago & thought it was decent enough but it was well chilled & obviously the temp difference masked the nastiness.

Just goes to show that a bad beer can almost pass a good one if its almost frozen to death. Drink the same stuff at room temperature & it shows its true flavours.

Utterly disgusting.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Most common lagers are horrible at room temperature ;)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

yoyo wrote: »
    Most common lagers are horrible at room temperature

+1
    Why would you drink it at room temp and expect it to be nice.. I was drinking that for a while earlier this year... cheap , very cheap and nice in a glass (out of those thick, ****ty metal cans) and with a bit of ice.. very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

I made the mistake of buying a few of these last weekend while i was camping in west cork.
    I didn't have access to a fridge obviously so as i'd bought the 4 pack of karpackie earlier on in the day they were unchilled when i cracked open the first of them around 9 at night. No big deal, happens all the time when im enjoying the outdoors life.
    All i can say is....jesus H cripes thats a bad beer!!! Bad bad bad......bad.

Yeah i know its an ultra budget beer but holy god its been a long time since ive tasted such p!ss & even longer since i nearly got sick as i tried my best to finish the first & only can of the poison.

Never again. Heres the funny thing, i had tasted it a few months ago & thought it was decent enough but it was well chilled & obviously the temp difference masked the nastiness.

Just goes to show that a bad beer can almost pass a good one if its almost frozen to death. Drink the same stuff at room temperature & it shows its true flavours.

Utterly disgusting.

Yea it really is complete pi**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Even when it's chilled it's still disgusting! Got a 4 pack of this at Dunnes Stores 1 day and i can safely say it was the worst beer i ever drank! That and Lidl cider are the worst on the market at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I think it's a grand beer, especially for the price! Much better than the common crap like Bud, Carlsberg, Coors etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Karpackie is a pretty good beer particularly for it's price!

Karpackie the breakfeast of champions! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Stick with the Tuborg lads, truly the king of the budget beers.

I got 24 cans of that Tuborg last week for 20 euros and i must say i think it's a grand beer and great value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Karpackie - 4 for 4.60 at one stage. a newish beer from South Poland as opposed to the older labels tyskie lech and zywiec but good value cheap beer and a similar taste to the others. 5% unlike most other cheap beers which come in at an unmouthwatering 4% or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Widget72

I thinks its a great beer for the price and the 5%abv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

In fairness, four for €4.60, what did you expect if it wasn't cold?

I think it's actually pretty nice. It's certainly better than other cheap beer, like Bavaria and Dutch gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The bad news for you Karpackites is that it's going back up to E5. I'd rather spend the extra euro myself and get 4 cans of Zywiec for E6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

There's no Beer that tastes nice once pulled out of a Rucksack and drunk warm.

- Maybe if you had followed it up with another 7 warm ones........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Ah good god the Tuborg hangovers of 3 summers ago were horrible. Grand the first night, the taste makes me sick ever since.

After a number of posts in defence of Karpackie I decided to try it again despite my obvious dislike to it the first time I drank it and I must say after been cooled in the fridge for 24 hours it isn't a bad lager,there is a lot worse around. Also can I add that drinking it on top of a flagon of cheap cider isn't the best way to judge a beer!:o I've bought another 4 cans for tonight and still getting them at 4.60,mind you after rooting through the shelves to find the cheaper pack!:D

Advertisement