Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog spa/Pampering

Options
  • 01-07-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a 11month old st.bernard, Howard. We found out he had hip displaysia not so long ago so 2Weeks on friday he had surgery for a hip replacement and a metal plate in his leg, Also a good few months ago he had cherry eye and had to have an operation to have it removed. Since me poor baby's went trough so much i really want to pamper him when he is fully recovered(Prob at about 10weeks). But i cant find a useful salon's or spa's that does massage's Or hydrobaths (type of pampering stuff like that) Anyone no any useful places ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kalahari

Hi, do you mean massages as in physiotherapy or just a massage for relaxation? I don't know of anywhere that just pampers dogs, but you can do some gentle physiotherapy with his joints yourself once he has recovered. And if you live near water if you could then find a shallow spot where he can get in and out easily and wade in with him to get him swimming as it would be good for his joints. There's likely a hydrotherapy place somewhere in Ireland but I don't know of one myself. When he is stronger it would be good to walk him on uneven ground like in fields or grassy areas to get him using all the muscles in the leg too.
    Best of luck with Howard's recovery, one of our older dogs had hip dysplasia at a young age too and he recovered very well though he still runs a bit strangely.

If you got him from a breeder i'd advise you to let the breeder know because he has it so young and the parents really shouldn't be bred from again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

http://dogs.suite101.com/article.cfm/homemassagefordogs

You could try and give him a massage yourself! lots of cuddles, toys and some treats, and that'll probably be as good as a spa for him :)

Advertisement