Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Mature Shrubs.....?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've recently removed some old, large, dead shrubs from the garden. Now I'm left with about 9 to 10m of exposed concrete wall (two 4/5m lengths in a corner). The thing is, the rest of the garden is almost 50 years old so I don't want to put down young shrubs and wait years for them to hide the wall. Nor do I want to get fast growing shrubs that will require serious maintenance when the exceed the desired size.

So my question is, where can I get mature shrubs that are preferably slow growing and will only need a trimming once/twice a year? What shrubs would you recommend? The max height I want them to grow to is 4/5m. I'm not to concerned whether or not they are deciduous or evergreen.

Any advice, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Try jodie in yellowfurze nurseries outside slane in meath.These guys supply the garden centres,dont generally deal with the public but explain your case.
    PS.Boards.....will mean nothing to him..lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Plus 1 for Yellow Furze. The South African girl Merina is really, really helpful.

Bella

Advertisement