Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling, lighting and all that stuff

Options
  • 01-07-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Trying to plan a shopping trip to the north. Have limited time (2 days)

Can anyone recommend specific suppliers of tiles and lighting in particular in either Newry, Belfast or in between.

Also looking for furniture, modern look like Fama range.

We have some sterling (bought when rate was better) and we would like to spend it!!

Any advice on the trip would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not really what this forum is for so I'll move this to the NI bargain alerts forum

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

Am looking for all that kind of them types of things myself at the minute. Live in Monaghan town, travelled over the border to a town called Middletown which is in Armagh, got quoted 60 x 60 porcelain tiles for 41 meters including grout and adhesive, €1327 including vat. Took a notion to head into a shop in Monaghan town to price anyway, shop called finishing touches, a similar tile including same as above, €850 i didn't even have to haggle with yer man, i had to ask twice to see if he had the same measurements....goes to show that you can get a good deal this side of the border too!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

We got some nice tiles (+marble sink/shower tray) from ADL in Armagh (was about 6 years ago though!). Great service and very good prices at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Barney Magoo

If you head as far as Belfast make sure to check out the stores on Boucher Road/Boucher Crescent. Plenty of DIY, Homeware, Electrical etc stores along this strip. I know Armatile have a store in the area. Not sure though about lighting specifically.

Advertisement