Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Monkey Island 2

• 01-07-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Anyone know when this is being released? I have only found info re 2nd quarter of this year.

Have'nt played it since at least 10 years ago, looking forward to seeing what they do to it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is being released? I have only found info re 2nd quarter of this year.

Have'nt played it since at least 10 years ago, looking forward to seeing what they do to it :)

Good news, it's out next week!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/29/monkey-island-2-special-edition-coming-to-psn-on-july-6-xbla-an/

I can't wait. It has a developer's commentary and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nice timing I just completed the 1st one yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

From the major:

"Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge - July 7 800 Points"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This is an insta buy for me. Probably my favourite of the MI games. I really like what they did with MI1:SE, really breathed new life into the game imo and it looks like since the first was a success that they've really gone all out on this one.
    Can't say i'm a fan of the "direct manipulation" control method over the classic point and click but thank god it's optional. you can also play classic mode with voices now which is pretty cool

Thank fook that that control is optional , just wouldn't be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Has anyone been able to find this yet? I've been looking on the marketplace from Xbox.com yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Has anyone been able to find this yet? I've been looking on the marketplace from Xbox.com yet :(

Probably won't be up till around lunch time at the earliest I'd say. I've found games earlier on Xbox.com the odd time too and been able to set them to download from there when I turn on my Xbox.

Trying to decide whether to get it on PS3 or 360. Anyone know if there's Avatar awards with this one like there was with the first. Could be enough to swing it for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Getting it myself now, chuckles ahoy!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Awesome :cool:

Was swinging between Xbox and PC for this one, but got the first one on Xbox, and enjoyed the extra little bits of humour with the achievements, so hopefully this is more of the same! :D

(But by jeebus, that's a big download!!! How many 3.5" floppies was it again originally?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

5 I think... ah the good old days of college gaming. :)

I got it but not gonna play till I finish the first one which I'm oh so close to finishing. I'm stuck at a certain point and I can't for the life of me remember what to do (it's been about 12 years!). I kinda like not remembering the ENTIRE game inside out though, leaves a bit of a challenge! Wouldn't go near the hint button, kinda defeats the point of playing this genre of game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Can the remake it be bought in the shops or is it downloadable only? might get it on PC instead

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Can the remake it be bought in the shops or is it downloadable only? might get it on PC instead

Might be available on steam perhaps, not sure. But you can't buy it on disc for consoles........ unless the eventually release a collection of the series when they remaster the rest of the games.

calex71 wrote: »
    Might be available on steam perhaps, not sure. But you can't buy it on disc for consoles........ unless the eventually release a collection of the series when they remaster the rest of the games.

It is available on steam aswell as the first one. For a while (chances are it's over now), they had an offer where if you preordered MI2 you got MI1 for free.

I'd have my doubts they'd remaster 3 + 4, considering the art in MI3 still looks brilliant and of course it was fully voiced. Still, I definitly wouldn't say no to it. If they increased the resolution of the original art to HD, that'd be nice. They'd have to strive to get more extras in there, longer commentaries perhaps, not sure what else they could include.
    I would like a re-release of MI4 aswell, it's the only one i never finished, never really got to grips with it, probably because of the non-point & click interface but I think it'd lend itself well to a controller (it was on PS2 afterall). I know it got bad press but I don't think it was a bad game by any means

grimm2005 wrote: »
    It is available on steam aswell as the first one. For a while (chances are it's over now), they had an offer where if you preordered MI2 you got MI1 for free.

I'd have my doubts they'd remaster 3 + 4, considering the art in MI3 still looks brilliant and of course it was fully voiced. Still, I definitly wouldn't say no to it. If they increased the resolution of the original art to HD, that'd be nice. They'd have to strive to get more extras in there, longer commentaries perhaps, not sure what else they could include.
    I would like a re-release of MI4 aswell, it's the only one i never finished, never really got to grips with it, probably because of the non-point & click interface but I think it'd lend itself well to a controller (it was on PS2 afterall). I know it got bad press but I don't think it was a bad game by any means

Be nice to have them all on one package too, ala orange box,. They could call it the Monkey Box or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

(But by jeebus, that's a big download!!! How many 3.5" floppies was it again originally?)

If I remember correctly, Amiga 500 version had 11 floppies, altough this was some time ago:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

got it on steam. didnt preorder it but got Mi1 anyway. not sure if i as supposed to.

beat it today, god damn its a hard game. i remembered a few of the puzzles but I certainly forgot more than I remembered.

the new look is great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just saw this on Xbox Live :D

Looks smashing.

Has anyone downloaded this? Would be interesting to see how they improve on it. This game sucked up close to a year of my life growing up - trying to complete all the levels of difficulty.

• Advertisement

Has anyone downloaded this? Would be interesting to see how they improve on it. This game sucked up close to a year of my life growing up - trying to complete all the levels of difficulty.

Get the demo and have a look see, is probably the best thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There was only two levels and one of those was "lite". Downloaded it, every so slightly annoyed that they cut the intro - apparently a bit of the end is missing as well - but I already prefer it to MI1. Liked what they did with the art in the first game, but i think this looks better especially the new Guybrush model - which was one of the few things that I though looked out of place with the last game. Manual control is rubbish and i quickly changed to the point and click option. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Got it today to use up some of my days holidays:) Obv for anyone that has'nt played it - it's a must for the experience alone.

However I'm playing it here now and to be honest as I go along I'm actually remembering all the puzzles so find it quite easy....Enjoying the nostalgia but that's pretty much all - the remade graphis are nice but its obv the exact same game it was 10 years ago!

It's quite weird playing it and realising how much I actually remembered from so long ago. Just shows how much of an impact that had on my life. It's also made me realise that console gaming has made me lazy when it comes to the old fashioned point 'n click adventures.

Advertisement