Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport To DIT Bolton Street?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone reccomend the best form of transport for me ftom balbriggan to DIT in bolton street to attend in the evening. i drive but im not really used to driving into town and im also worried about trying to find parking let alone the price. i will probaly get the train but can anybody tell me how long of a walk it is from the train station to DIT bolton street?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

You could get the 33 in Balbriggan and get off at dorset street too

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

lightspeed wrote: »
    Hi can anyone reccomend the best form of transport for me ftom balbriggan to DIT in bolton street to attend in the evening. i drive but im not really used to driving into town and im also worried about trying to find parking let alone the price. i will probaly get the train but can anybody tell me how long of a walk it is from the train station to DIT bolton street?
    Thanks

The quickest would be the train/dart to Connolly then walk up Talbot Street/Henry street. Through the Ilac and out onto Parnell Street left at Kings Inn Street (where Stringfellows used to be) and the entrance to DIT is about 50 metres up on your left. Connolly to Bolton street would probally take about 20 mins at a brisk pace, I would give yoursellf 30 mins to be safe.

Hope that helps.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

cool is dorset street nearby to bolton street?. That would probaly be better than the train as other people have told me its about a 25 minute walk to thr train station and if i have to do that evry night of study and then wait for a train id probaly reconsider driving.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

cool is dorset street nearby to bolton street?. That would probaly be better than the train as other people have told me its about a 25 minute walk to thr train station and if i have to do that evry night of study and then wait for a train id probaly reconsider driving.
    Thanks

Ye, its basically the same street, where dorset st ends, bolton st begins. Have a look on google maps. I'm not familiar with the trains at all but can you get a train to the station in Drumcondra? Because thats just at dorset st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Ye, its basically the same street, where dorset st ends, bolton st begins. Have a look on google maps. I'm not familiar with the trains at all but can you get a train to the station in Drumcondra? Because thats just at dorset st.

Drumcondra train station is a further walk than connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Train to Connolly and if you're exceptionally lazy Luas to Jervis, then simply walk the length of Jervis St. TGet yourself a rail and Luas monthly ticket for 90 blips, sorted.

DO NOT DRIVE TO COLLEGE IN TOWN. I did this for ages and not really thinking about the alternatives and it's anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours in traffic per day and €11.50 minimum to park the car even including student discounts at Parnell St carpark. It's not even close to worth it. And I'm in Malahide, a full 10 miles closer than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

It's not very well known, but I saw posters saying that the SU had organised a deal with Q Park carparks whereby parking after 5pm would only cost €2 once you get your ticket validated in the college. This certainly used to be the case anyway. Doesn't get around the fact that you will be in traffic, using petrol etc., but if you have to drive it's a decent offer

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

sdonn wrote: »
    Train to Connolly and if you're exceptionally lazy Luas to Jervis, then simply walk the length of Jervis St. TGet yourself a rail and Luas monthly ticket for 90 blips, sorted.

DO NOT DRIVE TO COLLEGE IN TOWN. I did this for ages and not really thinking about the alternatives and it's anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours in traffic per day and €11.50 minimum to park the car even including student discounts at Parnell St carpark. It's not even close to worth it. And I'm in Malahide, a full 10 miles closer than you.

This is not true. I drove in 4 nights pw this year to bolton street, if you park after 5:30 pm in the parnell, it only costs €4 in total with your student card. That was paying at approx 10pm every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Thanks

I'd say your best bet would be horseback , especially coming from that neck of the woods .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

This is not true. I drove in 4 nights pw this year to bolton street, if you park after 5:30 pm in the parnell, it only costs €4 in total with your student card. That was paying at approx 10pm every night.

You're gettign the evening rate, that's different. For fulltime daytime student's it's ridiculously uneconomical. Works out at €40 a week for a 5-day parking pass, add that to petrol costs, and time spent in traffic - bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭whysomoody

When I was there I always found it easiest to get the train and walk, although it does take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

sdonn wrote: »
    You're gettign the evening rate, that's different. For fulltime daytime student's it's ridiculously uneconomical. Works out at €40 a week for a 5-day parking pass, add that to petrol costs, and time spent in traffic - bah!

read the OP's first statement. he is attending in the EVENING!

Advertisement