Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you hear howling in Cork City....

Options
  • 01-07-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Please DO NOT call the ISPCA, Gards, Fire Service or the Coastguard!!!

It's just that my dog's had his bath and by the sounds he's making, you'd think he was being burnt alive! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

:D:D:D:D love it!!!!

ha ha i think i heard him !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Please DO NOT call the ISPCA, Gards, Fire Service or the Coastguard!!!

It's just that my dog's had his bath and by the sounds he's making, you'd think he was being burnt alive! :D
    Oh that bold Shih Tzu!! Mine straight after does a race around the house, eyes popping out of his head with excitement, back legs not keeping up with front legs, and finally stops and does a huge wee (outside!!!!:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

rebel10 wrote: »
    Oh that bold Shih Tzu!! Mine straight after does a race around the house, eyes popping out of his head with excitement, back legs not keeping up with front legs, and finally stops and does a huge wee (outside!!!!:))

Funny you should say that - Mine does the very same!! I also give him the towel to take his temper out on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Funny you should say that - Mine does the very same!! I also give him the towel to take his temper out on...
    Must be a breed thing!! Good idea with the towel, he usually takes his temper out on our other dog!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My two love the bath(well no longer attempt to leap out for freedom anyway;)) but they do the crazy running around the house thing, also roll and slide along my floor and stairs anywhere there's carpet(or the sofa if I don't get downstairs quick), then the little one leaps on any available lap and expects to be hugged dry:D or dried with the hairdryer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

My dog hates getting a bath so much you would swear I was murdering him. I got a dry shampoo that I rub on him & let it dry. It takes away the worst of the whiff (he likes to roll around in the fields!) so I get longer between baths. He doesn't mind the dry shampoo at all & it smells lovely.

But I think the next time he's due one I'll leave him into my vets. They have a groomer so I think I might let her take the punishment & collect him when he's nice, clean & dry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Our two both roll in long wet grass every day so the bath issue does not arise.
    Collie started it; used to wonder how her white bits stayed so clean then saw her. Wee dog started copying her so now we have two clean dogs.

No critters out there so they stay clean. The rolling is simply hygiene

A mixture of cornflour and baby powder is an excellent dry shampoo to use about once a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

My dogs love the bath, one time I was too lazy to wash them properly, so I just filled the bath and poured dog shampoo into it like bubble bath, and just put them in for a few minutes. But one is shorter than the others so she had to swim! They liked it! :)

But if you try cutting one of their nails, she'll screech, and then there's me saying "shut up, I'm not hurting you!" so the neighbours must think I'm beating her . . . but you can't cuddle them and comfort them when they cry for no reason, it'd just encourage her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Graces7 wrote: »
    Collie started it; used to wonder how her white bits stayed so clean then saw her. Wee dog started copying her so now we have two clean dogs.
    /QUOTE]

I wish my dogs would do that! Then again, they'd probably be dirty anyway, just because of their fur type. Collies are nice clean dogs, as in they can stay cleaner :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Graces7 wrote: »

No critters out there so they stay clean. The rolling is simply hygiene

A mixture of cornflour and baby powder is an excellent dry shampoo to use about once a month.

I should be so lucky! Mine LOVES rolling in mud and whatever else he can find. Shih Tzu's are apparently known for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

:D
    Tip: dogs will generally only shake when they get their ears wet. So do that bit last haha. My bathroom used to get a massive soaking everytime before i used that trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Only once has wee dog rolled in something nasty...we are blessed with a small field here so it is clean.

When we got collie, she had been running wild in the daytime and locked in at night and a lot of her wild instincts had surfaced. When we finally brought her into the house, her "manners" were the real worry.

But she was clean from the start, and would tidy any bits in the porch she sleep in into a corner. Like a wild creature keeping her den clean. Amazing to watch her.

She also grooms her coat, feet and legs especialy, which I have not seen other dogs do..

Glad that wee dog has copied her rolling though; she s JRT/Basset cross and decidedly whiffy; she also loves digging in wet mud ( a tasty clay here that they both eat for some mineral trace ) and would come in with face and feet filthy.

They both love water games too with a hose pipe.

Advertisement