Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone wireless

• 01-07-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to connct my new vodafone broadband up. I'm currently on it, on my laptop at the end of the stairs connected via an ethernet cable. According to the instructions, to set it up wirelessly it should be as easy as plugging in box, NOT connecting with the ethernet, just scanning for networks & putting in the wep key.

Both my PC and laptop are picking up the network, both are saying that they are connected, but both are giving me a "you are not connected to the internet" message when I try open a page.

I have disconncted and re connected all of the wires. I've rebooted a few times.

Any (really easy) tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Might be your proxy settings. Check your settings and try set proxy to auto-detect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It's on autodetect. I'm so bad at all of this stuff! Might have to give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Do you have one of those white vodafone routers? Are all three orange lights on when you are trying to connect? Also I've found that if you have your laptop on before starting the router it can cause issues (in my case anyway, although that's probably just my laptop :rolleyes:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I rang them this evening and they sorted it for me in a few mins. It was to do with some sort of DNS thing.

Advertisement