Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I have to sign off?

• 01-07-2010 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I am on JSA and have also applied to go back college in september in case I don't find work by then.

The thing is as part of my college application I have to go on a week long access course next week. Since I will be on this course does that mean I sign off for the week since technically I am not job seeking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

I doubt that the SW would stop your week's pay if you took the official documentation to them showing your place on the week long course.

Alternatively, if you haven't used your right to have two week holidays while on JSA, and have no plans to do so, you could request this as one of the weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭captainstacy

Thanks Balagan I will drop down to the office now and show them the letter from the college.
    I didn't realise there was 2 week holiday right when unemployed.

I called into the welfare office and showed them the letter from the college.
    They will call me back this afternoon as they think I will hav eto go without payment since I am not activly seeking work the week of the course.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

I notice now your course is next week and you would need to have given two weeks notice and filled out form UP 30 in order to have availed of holiday option. Hope for the best!

I only got confirmation of the course this week. Oh well we will see what happens I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement