Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayside

Options
  • 01-07-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What is the Bayside area like to live in?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Its a quiet place most of the time, there are a few kids that hang about but not too much trouble. Handy for the Dart. I think the manky shopping centre is getting its revamp at somes tage which is good. It is very dated and run down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as Windsock said it's a well settled area with good transport links with the Dart and buses from the coast road
    Generally quiet area with 1 pub and a shopping centre which is waiting for planning permission to go through before it is totally rebuilt with a new apartment block
    but this has been going on for years and residents are objecting about the height of the apartments so it might be a few more years before it is built
    There are loads of green areas and a primary school and a secondary school close by in Baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I wouldn't worry about apartments being built anywhere for about 10 years.

Bayside is quiet and mature like others said. Good transport, good school etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just to thrown my weight behind what the other's have said, its grand.

I like the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I grew up there, it's a nice area whether you're just renting or moving permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

I have lived there for the last 3ish years and love it. Its handy for the Dart, as the others say, in town in less than 30 minutes.

Its is quiet most of the time, and its got a lovely promenade (sp?) less than 2 minutes walk from square, and handy for evening walks in the sun :)

It's got a Centra supermarket, kinda expensive, but can always pick up some bargains!! Also, chinese takeaway, chipper, 2 beauty salons, hairdressers, chemists, barbers, small hardware store, pub and church.

Less than 5 minutes drive to Howth/Dollymount for walks. 10 minutes drive to Tesco on Malahide Road, along with cinema in Coolock.

There are always a few kids hanging around the shops and that, but mostly just noisy and keep themselves to themselves. Its a mixture of older folk, families and couples plus loads of cute dogs :)

Think I may shut up now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Absolutely grand, I lived nearby for a couple of years. I always felt safe walking around. There isn't much in it, I have to say, as it is basically all residential; there is a Spar, pub and a Dart. You're only about 6-7 miles from town, you're by the sea and you can get the Howth nightlink home, which is OK.

A car would be handy if you need to do a big shop in Donaghmede or Clare Hall. The local bus services are fairly basic, as most people use the Dart instead.

Advertisement