Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar recording software?

• 01-07-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey,

I heard of some software that you can get that lets you record your guitar on your computer without an amp or anything... Is this true or a load of s**t? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Guitar%20Rig%202%20Hybrid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭I Concur

-=al=- wrote: »
    Guitar%20Rig%202%20Hybrid.jpg

Do you know how much it costs?

Thanks for your help!

coupla hundred dollery doos or just the software is like 100 or sometihng i think

a podxt works fine too or a pocket pod

pod_xt.jpg

I guess you need more than just the software yes?

Not 100% certain, id imagine theres some recording or tools in with the guitar rig to get you going

but if u have or wana get a daw, im sure it works with the majority of them as plug ins... be that pro tools or cubase or something!

but if u want nice sounds from ur pc just by plugging it in, it will work aok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Reaper is a great DAW and it's free, or at least a very small nominal fee now, been a while since I got it. Then you just need a usb interface and amp software, so the pod would probably do both for you, as would guitar rig but at a higher price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Line 6 Toneport, durt cheap and easy to use.

Thanks for all the help!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

I would definitely agree with Landsleaving, Reaper is a great software suite for recording and mixing. And its still free as far as I know. You can run whatever guitar/amp/effects modelling software you like within it, which makes life very easy. Alot of Guitar-to-USB interfaces will come with s/w for this. Independence do a great bunch of VST's for guitar, drums, vocals, you name it. and thats free too.

I'd recommend getting some sort of USB interface, the line6 ones are great. You wouldn't need to get the POD xt though, a UX1 or guitarport would do the same job and be cheaper. they both allow you run line6 gearbox/pod farm etc for effects / amp models etc. I'd say have a look on adverts for a cheap one to get you started. and then check out some of the free software recommend here by the lads.

I would definitely agree with Landsleaving, Reaper is a great software suite for recording and mixing. And its still free as far as I know. You can run whatever guitar/amp/effects modelling software you like within it, which makes life very easy. Alot of Guitar-to-USB interfaces will come with s/w for this. Independence do a great bunch of VST's for guitar, drums, vocals, you name it. and thats free too.

I'd recommend getting some sort of USB interface, the line6 ones are great. You wouldn't need to get the POD xt though, a UX1 or guitarport would do the same job and be cheaper. they both allow you run line6 gearbox/pod farm etc for effects / amp models etc. I'd say have a look on adverts for a cheap one to get you started. and then check out some of the free software recommend here by the lads.

Thanks for the great advice!! Much appreciated! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement