Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Album

• 01-07-2010 10:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Howdy

I did a wedding as a favour for a friend a while back and she now wants a wedding album.

The kind she is looking for is the traditional type where you print the picture and place it into the album. She also wants the paper overlay on the page and she does NOT want the peel and stick version. The picture must be removeable if possible. She also wants it approx A4 in size as she wants one A4 pic on each page so maybe a 40 page album.

Anyone know where I might pick up one of these for <€100 mark? I already spoke to JM Photo and they haven't got anything like this and Photovalue don't seem to have anything like it either on their website. I saw one in Brown Thomas today that is similar but it's a little too old fashioned and had about 100 pages which is way too many.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is she willing to find what she wants?
    if you did it for a favour, i suspect at this stage you've done more than your fair share, and if she knows what she wants, she should be able to find it.

but you should pop up to daintree on camden street - near enough to the bleeding horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

if you did it for a favour, i suspect at this stage you've done more than your fair share, and if she knows what she wants, she should be able to find it.
    Sister in law. :)

but you should pop up to daintree on camden street - near enough to the bleeding horse.
    Is that the place that does the wedding paper etc? I never thought of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it is, it used to be this fantastic paper shop, now it sells wedding stuff. it was obviously where they were making their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yep I got mine there for someone, I couldn't believe how expensive they could go up too in price!
    The service from the guy was fantastic though, I hadn't a clue and he was very very helpful and er patient with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Did you try Stewarts? They have a wider range than JM Photo, some more old style albums too. I like JMs range it is very up to date. For some reason though I am not sure if you will get what you are looking for cheaply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

bit much looking for an album of ya too, do a slideshow and tell her to sling her hook.. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

last time i was looking for my album, the pen corner on dame street had some nice ones, downstairs. i ended up getting mine in m+s for a fraction of the price.

Yep I got mine there for someone, I couldn't believe how expensive they could go up too in price!
    this is wedding stuff you're talking about - i've heard stories about hotels bringing in hairdressers for wedding parties and charging double for the bride, simply because she's the bride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yeah I know Basterder, I thought this thread was about wedding albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Aindreas have you suggested a digital album to your sister in law? The thing I dont like about the album style she is requesting is that its either portrait or lanscape so unless you are going to fill it with shots which are all either portrait or landscape then you need to turn it to appreciate the pictures as you go through it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know Basterder, I thought this thread was about wedding albums.
    probably should have put more emphasis on the 'is'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

Ballyman wrote: »
    Sister in law. :)

Is that the place that does the wedding paper etc? I never thought of them.

No idea about where you'll get sorted, but you should go there, if only for the lovely cake cafe out the back door...

hmmm....cake...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Calumet are doing a range of these now prices seem to run from about stg50 up

Fran

Advertisement