Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to find out who owns a parking spot from wicklow county council

• 01-07-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering if anybody knows how you would find out from the council if the parking spot outside your house belongs to your house or not.

ie. I am renting in Greystones just off the main street and there is a dispute between the land lord and a local business as to who has ownership of the parking spot. Now as the landlord isnt living here, he isnt bothered looking into it but it really bothers me that i cant park beside my house. Does any one know of a way to find out who owns what with out too much expense or hassle? (I may be dreaming here lol!)

All advice welcome, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MissAlex

Just phone the roads dept in the council. If it's a public roadway, then neither your landlord nor the local business person owns the space and anybody can park there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

MissAlex wrote: »
    Just phone the roads dept in the council. If it's a public roadway, then neither your landlord nor the local business person owns the space and anybody can park there.

Hi Alex, Its not a public road way, its kind of hard to describe. Its like a little lane and there is parking for one car, which actually takes out half our garden. There is parking at the front of the house as well, but this is public roadway that the business rents from the council for customer parking.

So they essentially rent all the parking at the front door and then say they own the parking at the back as well.

Can I just ring the roads department and find out about private roads?!?!? (that would be great news!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

If your living in greystones the area office is at the bottom of the town stroll down and they will tell you there and then! Its the small red brick building down by the dart park and ride carpark and the greystones inn. The parking system was only brought in early 2009, they have maps in the office.

And tbh phoning roads in the WCC office is useless they are dealing with the whole county down there the area offices are the places to ask they concentrate on a small area. Lol wicklow will prob put you straight through to the greystones office anyway!

Advertisement