Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colnago CLX 2.0 - Any Opinions?

• 01-07-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Just about to do a deal on this machine;

http://www.colnago.com/bikes/2010/clx-20-ult

If anyone has one what's your opinion?
    And could anyone recommend a similar spec bike that might be worth looking at ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ben

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yes, lovely bike. Ignore the nay sayers who will say that it is a Colnago in name only, it's built in the Far East but so are some of the best carbon frames these days.

Unfortunately I called this bike a while ago, you can't purchase it!

Are you looking at the frameset and building it up yourself? Will it be for racing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 benthebeetle

Thanks for info. No not building it. It's fully made up with all the spec as per their website. Saw it in one of the large bike shops in Dub. Trying to justify the price, little less painful with a half decent trade in, bike to work scheme thing, pile of free gear thrown in and some hand spitting and we had a deal!

Will it be for racing? ...... sorry, no just for 2-3 hour spins. Fitness etc. Think the setup is quite sound for that. Looked at the Felt which was very racy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

The CLX is a very nice bike. The only issue is the seatpost is oval and specially designed to match the frame so you're stuck with the colnago model if you want/have to replace it.

If you can afford it, go for it. Buying a nice bike will encourage you to get out more and your spins will be more enjoyable.

A bike like that deserves lots of love and care so make sure you have all the gear to clean and maintain it.

One caution:

The frame may self destruct if you put Shimano parts on it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shnoop

Its a Colnago Nuff said,heres mine (the E1 is my winter bike)

• Advertisement

Beautiful bike......
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Not sure if this applies to the CLX 2.0 but there is a problem with the chainstays cracking just behind the bottom bracket, know of 3 that this has happened on, one was told by Colnago it'll cost €500 to fix.

Hopefully this has been sorted by now and the 2.0 is ok, haven't heard any reports.

I've a Colnago Active myself maybe we should start our own little Boards Colnago Club :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

shnoop wrote: »

A Colnago as your dedicated winter bike...now that's pimpin' :D

Collecting baby colnago tomorrow, cleaned out the shed this morning. Very exciting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dexty

Nice bike, what colour frame u go for? As a matter of interest, what gear rations on that? 52-39 and 12-25? Doesn't seem to list it on the website.

• Advertisement

It's the Black frame, white & red stickers.
    Ratios: 50/34 & 25/12 ---- what do you think ??

Got fitted by the shop before collecting, but sore lower back after first 2hr spin. Suppose it will take a while for the body to adjust. Annoyed, never had a complaint on the old Giant SCR.

Thanks

It's the Black frame, white & red stickers.
    Ratios: 50/34 & 25/12 ---- what do you think ??

Got fitted by the shop before collecting, but sore lower back after first 2hr spin. Suppose it will take a while for the body to adjust. Annoyed, never had a complaint on the old Giant SCR.

Thanks

Yeah you will be fine. I would have suggested something a bit more relaxed like the Colnago Arte Ace but you will probably get used to it, I wouldn't worry about it.

Fantastic bike btw, well wear and be sure to stick up some photos when you get a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Its probably sacrelege on a bike like that but you could flip the stem to raise the handlebars a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Just about to do a deal on this machine;

http://www.colnago.com/bikes/2010/clx-20-ult

If anyone has one what's your opinion?
    And could anyone recommend a similar spec bike that might be worth looking at ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ben

absolutely stunning bike, and i do mean STUNNING!!!!!!!

can i have a go???? :D
    shnoop wrote: »

if thats your winter bike, what the hell do you use for the summer?

and can i have a loan? :D

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Yeah you will be fine. I would have suggested something a bit more relaxed like the Colnago Arte Ace but you will probably get used to it, I wouldn't worry about it.

Fantastic bike btw, well wear and be sure to stick up some photos when you get a chance!

Heres the Photo. Not going anywhere soon caus of this weather. So its sitting in the kitchen being admired by my missus.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Wow that is one nice bike, best of luck with it, hope you have many happy miles together.

Stunning, I am dead jealous!

You are right to keep it inside, that amount of white should be reserved for the continent :)

Advertisement